Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 8:43 pm

I would keep my pic on AA the way it is (It's a year old, but I haven't changed much physically).

On a regular "NT" dating site, however, I would post a pic of some A-list movie star, state that I make at least $250,000 a year, drive a Rolls-Royce, and practice Scientology (because it's synonymous with rich people). :cherry:

Just kidding, I would never post that.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 8:44 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I would keep my pic on AA the way it is (It's a year old, but I haven't changed much physically).

On a regular "NT" dating site, however, I would post a pic of some A-list movie star, state that I make at least $250,000 a year, drive a Rolls-Royce, and practice Scientology (because it's synonymous with rich people). :cherry:

Just kidding, I would never post that.

Tim

Dude, I already want to go out with you. Tell me more.

Wabbits
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Dec 2007, 2:29 am

Tim can you loan me 50 grand? Thanks**** :lol:

Wabbits
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Dec 2007, 5:09 pm

I quit my membership on aspieaffection because I realized I'm not ready to date, and not trusting or open enough to let anyone in my life right now, so being on a dating site is just wrong...it's like leading someone on...maybe at a later date, or maybe not, who knows? I'm good just like I am, going solo for now... :oops: It's good to know there are dating sites out there though, if I should ever change my mind, and if I should ever miracle of miracles, become more open to new people or change...(yeah, that'll happen....) :roll:

kbergren21
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2008, 9:16 pm

Space wrote:
Mw99 wrote:
Space wrote:
Mw99 wrote:
wow guys look what I found

http://aspieaffection.com/romance/showp ... php?id=979

8O

Can't possibly be real.

There's a ton of sexy women with AS who post here.

such as?

go look through the photos if you care so much.

So I looked at that profile on that like you posted about that "hot" aspie female... This is kind of weird though. Her name is Rowan or so she says. An aeronautical engineering student at Stillwater University about 50 miles from wehre I live. She emailed me at aspie affection wanting to know about my mountain bikes. So we ended up talking and sending emails for about 3 months. Maybe Ive been played I dunno... She knew more about aircraft that I fly than I did... She related and talked just like an aspie on the chatroom. Three weeks into it Rowan swore she was madly in love with me. So we arranged to meet over a long weekend after talking hours upon hours in a chat room god I count how many. The day we were suppose to meet she disappeared left me an email saying that something really big came up and she'd be gone for awhile. I hear from her about a month or so little one liners saying she sorry. Did this happen to more than one guy? I am wonering too if this is some sort of scam... However Ive chat w/ plan aspie girls just as good looking. ANyone else on here getting played? This is confusing.

BainAduial
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jan 2008, 10:45 pm

Okay, as a young aspie woman, and I really don't think I'm all that bad looking, I find this entire thread kind of off-putting. I like clubbing. I like to dance. I like going shopping, even. I'm perfectly fine with going out to the pub for a night. So this person's profile, other than being blonde and from a different country, has many elements in common with whatever I would post about myself.

Just because I like these things, it does NOT make it easy for me to date. I haven't had a date in years, frankly, and it is not for lack of wanting one. I don't know how to approach people, and possibly I'm sending out weird signals about whether or not they should approach me. Even if I manage to meet someone, we often don't click, because I've never been good at beginning friendships with NTs. Once they've started, I'm usually okay, but that beginning stage is frighteningly awkward. Also, just being an attractive woman at the bar? Is not enough to get you hit on, and if it is, 9 times out of 10, the gentleman in question is piss drunk and/or looking for sex. Not a date.

I thought I might try putting a profile up on the aspie dating site, thinking it might be a nice way to meet someone I could actually, potentially, have a good time with, rather than someone who after the initial attraction and invitation becomes extremely awkward to deal with. Maybe I still will, but after reading all of the posts on here, I'm somewhat discouraged about doing so. I don't want to be single for another several years, but if the gentlemen who are supposed to understand that just being able to "pass" as an NT in specific situations isn't enough to build things on are this judgemental, maybe I'm better off by myself.

Seriously, guys. We're all in this together. Let's not tear each other up, shall we?

AvantGarde
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jan 2008, 10:57 am

Pardon me if I don't fit your mold. It seems as though there may be a contradictory standard here. Oh well, I suppose it takes all kinds.

AOwpr
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jan 2008, 11:55 am

I got 40 on the test...

Where can I see the pictures uploaded by others? ( :wink: )

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 4:27 am

OkCupid.com has the single largest compilation of online tests I remember having seen.

I even registered.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 12:37 pm

Hmm I scored 34 on the okcupid test. :P

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 6:05 am

I scored 39.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 6:52 am

OK so I got 50/50 can some please tell me that that means? :?

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 1:31 am

it means you've reached the end of the internet. Time to log off and mow the lawn ;) ;)

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 1:36 am

There's this problem with eHarmony.com where they "fail to match you with anyone at this time". Apparently when it asks the questions about homicidal thoughts on the personality test, you have to select "no".