How would a civilization be in which all or most had AS?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Drool_Thingy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Dec 2007, 12:11 am

Maeotian wrote:
I think it would be highly advanced, yet a detatched and cold-mannered one with little to no social interaction.

A society where we're left alone for the most part without worrying about all of the social nonsense we must contend with on a daily basis would be a utopia. I can only dream. :(

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 12:58 am

Aspergia

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 1:16 am

OregonBecky wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
OregonBecky wrote:
The right kind of autistic spectrum - NT community would work very well. There could be a mad scientist high tech development group who could invent things and then have some NTs market them.

Who needs 'em? I'm not NT and I could market 'em just fine!

Okay, we'll have the aspy marketing savants do all the marketing. Get ready world! :D

I think we would do the whole thing better. Idea, design, manufacture, market. I love systems.

Angelus-Mortis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2007, 10:37 am

Just because we're all Aspies doesn't mean we're all carbon copies of each other. I do realize that it's important to have a diversity of people to function in a particular society, but each Aspie is also unique and has enough individual characteristics that whatever it is they specialize in would be diverse enough that such a community could exist. Although my idea of an Aspie society would probably be several self sufficient airships that each Aspie lives in alone, where they can choose to leave at any time if they don't like their neighbors, but won't also be bothered by other people--in fact, I think most of them would be content with staying inside their own units all by themselves.

Arbitraris id veneficium quod te ludificat. Arbitror id formam quod intellego.

Ignorationi est non medicina.