Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2007, 5:29 pm

I would describe my writing style as versatile. I try to be adept at all the different styles that interest me.

My more poetic writing has a lyrical quality to it. I use a lot of alliteration and related techniques. I have a tendecy to rhyme unintentionally.

Some of my fiction is more straight-forward: just the facts, few literary devices. (By "facts" I mean facts in the context of the fictional story.)

My nonfiction is meant to sound very straight-forward and professional. I may meander onto some philosophical tangents, but I stay away from so-called "flowery language".

One thing that is consistent throughout my writing is use of unusual words. I have recently learned to cut down on this in certain types of song lyrics, but that is the only exception.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 5:21 am

Simple storytelling,

Overdone takes the imagination away, I am describing what I see in pictures. Litttle has to be added, my words guide the mind. People tell me it works, they see what I see.

Styles and word useage seem to limit the readers. Let the words flow to the background and the story come forth.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 6:51 pm

depth wrote:
JohnHopkins wrote:
Writing of what? I write reviews, music, articles, poetry and fiction...

Creative pieces; poetry, fiction, and variations of both.

My fiction is generally dark and a bit twisted and characteristic of my own mindsets. My poetry and lyrics are usually a combination of obscure metaphors that usually only I will get and blatant, bare meanings.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 8:54 pm

Dark, tragic, overdramatic, violent, dialogue-driven, maybe a little cheesy, with the word "pain" appearing far too often, strangely romantic and sweet moments every so often, with constant sardonic/cynical/darkly comic social commentary.