Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

nomnom_hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Dec 2007, 2:17 am

In my opinion anyways. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stq_fqKqF74
The music is a little creepy and made me fill a little ill (motion sickness) through the first 45 seconds of it...

but it was also extremely hypnotizing to me. I don't think anyone with aspergers sees things like that, but that may be just me.

And.........I'm going to contradict myself and say that it may be true, and that would be as close as NT could get to it. Since I'm on the spectrum, maybe its doubly different for me than for an NT.
And maybe the entire thing was meant to show sensory overload.
or it looks as though the vid maker was trying to show how we see details or something.

i dunno

LadyMahler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Dec 2007, 9:43 am

I thought it was quite spot on, yes, as you said, as much as an NT can get it. That dreamlike wonder with which I sometimes walk, almost within my own mind, and notice things - it is very similar. Of course, not exactly like she portrayed it (my images definitely don't rotate...or blur...) but spotting that interesting leaf amongst hundreds of other leaves, focussing on the wheels of a car pulling away, staring in the rear view mirror, NOT noticing a lot of faces... that all rang a bell.

LadyMahler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Dec 2007, 9:45 am

Oh, yes, and agreed: the music is terrible. Those jingle-like tones make my audio sensors cringe. And the tune is quite creepy...

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2007, 11:14 am

I think I'm asleep now.

Did you read the comments? I thought the one about how eye to eye contact might brighten our days was interesting. :roll:

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"