Command and Conquer: The first decade and beyond

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 8:40 pm

I play RA2 and Generals. With RA2, first I gather as much money as I can, then build an impenetrable base defense. I use air attacks and strike teams sent via Chronosphere to take out their Construction Yard, throw in a Lightning Storm/Nuclear Missile/Psychic Dominator to throw their forces into disarray, then use the resulting confusion to wipe out their major buildings with a gigantic ground invasion. After they sell the rest of their stuff to get troops, I let them die from my base defense, then send out planes to take out their Miners to finish the game.

With Generals, I enjoy air/superweapon assault. I use snipers/mircowave tanks to take out aerial defense, then let loose with my air general bonuses (Specter gunship and Mother of all Bombs being my favorite), while I paint the targets for my Raptors, Comanches, and Auroras.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Le_Samourai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Mar 2008, 9:01 pm

The only C&C games I've played were Red Alert and Tiberian Sun. Both were big favorites of mine, but I prefer Tiberian Sun.

spartan_198
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Mar 2008, 9:04 pm

you have some interesting strategy another strategy i tend to employ on RA2 with the addon is the robot tank rush especially against yuri players also helps against france as the grand cannon is too slow for the robot tanks.

A trick i do for R12 soviet single player is the mission where you need to capture the allied battle lab near the two towers by using yuri units to capture school buses and loading them with troops the allies wont shoot or attack the buses no matter what.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2008, 3:05 pm

spartan_198 wrote:
you have some interesting strategy another strategy i tend to employ on RA2 with the addon is the robot tank rush especially against yuri players also helps against france as the grand cannon is too slow for the robot tanks.

A trick i do for R12 soviet single player is the mission where you need to capture the allied battle lab near the two towers by using yuri units to capture school buses and loading them with troops the allies wont shoot or attack the buses no matter what.

smooth :D

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

spartan_198
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2008, 6:18 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
spartan_198 wrote:

smooth :D

lol thanks though my more advanaced strats come from cnc3 like mcv rush where i build a crane then build a refinery and hand of nod then i keep the hand of nod ready and i quickly move me mcv on the enemy base and deploy my mcv and or base defences if you build them and take the enemy to the fight lol though good players can defend against this it's good for AI players and noobs

victorvndoom
Toucan
Toucan

29 Mar 2008, 6:07 am

didnt play the shooter gamer : renegade or whatever it was called

spartan_198
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Mar 2008, 8:38 am

i wasn't that keen on renegade though the multiplayer was worth a few matches at least if the graphics were better i would have liked it more as i often laughed at the humor of the main character havoc

"don't seem fair maybe should shoot left handed"

"Black widow it all makes sense they eat there mates" havoc referring to sakura

victorvndoom
Toucan
Toucan

01 Apr 2008, 3:55 am

cant install generals anymore because of an error on a disc

Mike777
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Apr 2008, 2:36 pm

Tiberian Dawn and first Red Alert are my favorites. Those games had killer soundtracks.
Tiberian Sun was still good but its soundtrack lacked some dynamic tracks. Renegade was pretty average for a shooter, but I enjoyed it very much. I always wanted to walk around Nod's base. :D It's a shame but I haven't played Red Alert 2 or Tiberium Wars yet. :oops:

Peace Through Power! :lol: