Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Keoren
Toucan
Toucan

12 Dec 2007, 3:15 pm

What kind of simple coping methods do you have for school and college day? Just some random things you find making it easier to withstand it all.

I've finally come to a conclusion that it's vital to my survival to keep my mp3-player with me. It helps with the noise, big part of the anxiety and to center my attention. Using melodic ambient, atmospheric and similar music has tremendously increased my performance in basically everything. I hadn't used it in awhile and without much lying, I basically tripled my 'efficiency' the day I had it with me and was allowed to have it on on lessons.

Normal earplugs also help though not to the same extent with me.

busy91
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Dec 2007, 3:35 pm

Yes, music streaming through headphones work well with me too. When the Sony Walkman came out, I cannot tell you what a joy that was. To sit on a bus and not have to deal with the noise and stimulation of all that was around me.

True Story: My 1st husband told me that when we were younger (before we were married) he used to say Hi to me in the street & I would not acknowledge him, see him or anything. He thought I was on drugs. I swear, I have no idea what he is talking about.

God Bless the inventor of the portable stereo.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2007, 3:38 pm

Well, I listen music to helped me focus on my homework and assignments I have to do. I sometimes listen music when walking around on the Mason campus.

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2007, 5:11 pm

I like to listen to music when I'm working in a studio environment (I'm an artist). I find it difficult to focus on what I'm doing while everybody else is running around the studio doing their things. Having an instructor walk around and watch is also distracting. Music helps me keep focused through all that.

It also helps when I'm writing, but I don't listen to music during lecture.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2007, 5:39 pm

I don't really have any specific coping methods.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sort30030
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2007, 11:26 pm

Also make sure you get enough sleep.

BlackMetalIstKrieg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Dec 2007, 12:04 am

I cope by listening to black metal (well, not in class of course), and by "camping out" at my own table in the library with my knapsack, laptop, food, CD Walkman, etc. I also blog and hang out in the woods when the weather permits.

and battle forth towards a brighter dawn

Thundaeagle
Raven
Raven

11 Apr 2008, 2:43 am

I find singing helps oh and doing something i really enjoy helps too ie practicals, cooking and that sort of thing

cliche
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Apr 2008, 7:06 am

BlackMetalIstKrieg wrote:
I cope by listening to black metal (well, not in class of course), and by "camping out" at my own table in the library with my knapsack, laptop, food, CD Walkman, etc. I also blog and hang out in the woods when the weather permits.

|m| 8) |m|

dustbowlrefugee
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Apr 2008, 8:12 am

I don't really like hanging about with people on my luch break, especially in the cafeteria, and I dont like sitting alone either, so I normally go a walk into the city.
Noise doesnt bother me, I quite like the hustle and bustle of the city and fit right in. I normally go a walk to the music shop even if Im not buying anything, or any other shop that takes my fancy.