Page 6305 of 7515 [ 120240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6302, 6303, 6304, 6305, 6306, 6307, 6308 ... 7515  Next

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 6:18 pm

Balthazar is the anglicised form of the Hebrew Belshazzar, which in turn comes from the Akkadian Bel-sarra-usur, meaning "Ba'al protect the king". It's the name of one of the three wise men who visited Jesus.

It's not really a fitting name for a villain but hey, take it up with Mr. and Mrs. Bratt.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 7:33 pm

Puns are a joke at the expense of language and logic

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 12:18 am

DeepHour wrote:
The chairs are fine, it's the bloody kids that are the problem.....

Yeah, soz about that.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 12:34 am

I absolutely stink of garlic.

I hope nobody wants to kiss me today.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 1:04 am

DeepHour wrote:
The chairs are fine, it's the bloody kids that are the problem.....

if the kids are perpetually bleeding in UK schools then that's another reason i'm glad i wasn't born there.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 10:20 am

There needs to be a better alternative than the way schools are now...

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 11:41 am

School is back in session now here in Canada.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 12:24 pm

I guess it's a waste of time to lament about things you can't change. It might be hard to manage my life, but crying about it doesn't help any more.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 12:44 pm

Crying can be good for releasing stress, so if you feel like you have to cry, don't hold back.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 1:01 pm

God's Perfect Troll also exists, it seems.

I don't want to go into details, and I post it here because I have never seen a comment from that person in this thread, but my head just about exploded with how sublime a trolling attempt I just read. I honestly don't know if I believe that a person could come up with such a great troll deliberately, and so I reluctantly admit that I have just witnessed something I could never have predicted, and may never be able to explain.

I feel a funny mixture of awe and complete disgust, which I can't say I like at all.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 1:13 pm

It should not take three hours to mow the lawn. Is there nothing else in your life, creepy lawn guy?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 1:27 pm

1177. Synchronous numbers are everywhere.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 1:37 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
It should not take three hours to mow the lawn. Is there nothing else in your life, creepy lawn guy?

Howdy stranger! I surprised myself I'm my early 40s, when I developed a sudden, inexplicable concern about my lawn. It became an intermittent obsession! :-? :lol:

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:45 pm

Today my friend's significant other had some computer problems and that friend referred them to me for help since I am studying that type of stuff in school. It's a simple problem with multiple solutions but each solution is very complicated, the easiest one I could see involved making a bootable Linux drive to get around NTFS permissions.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 5:56 pm

I'm learning Japanese through a Rosetta Stone computer programme.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 6:26 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I'm learning Japanese through a Rosetta Stone computer programme.

I tried Rosetta Stone, but I didn't follow through. I've spent most of the last four months using Duolingo to learn Portuguese with great success. I'm feeling farther ahead than I've gotten with other languages in one semester.