Page 6201 of 7515 [ 120240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6198, 6199, 6200, 6201, 6202, 6203, 6204 ... 7515  Next

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 11:30 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
I had a huge task, in trying to adjust my stuff to my new living space. Then, after I had figured out some of what I wanted to do, but before putting it into effect, I took a vacation. Now, I've been back almost a week, and I've started to wrap my mind around the task again. I have to cut myself some slack, because of how disoriented I felt coming home to a home that had not yet become familiar.

I'm blind, and I didn't know that sighted people could have that sort of disorientation. Is it like, getting ready takes twice as long, because you can't find anything? Or like, being overwhelmed with finding a place for everything, and then trying to remember where that place was?

jrjones9933 wrote:
Travel poses interesting challenges all the time,

Definitely! I find it stressful and tiring but rewarding.

jrjones9933 wrote:
and at the same time I've had to recover from sustained overstimulation by taking it easy, I've keenly missed the stimulation. :roll: :lol:

So you're saying that you need time to recover, but that you wish you didn't need that time?

jrjones9933 wrote:
However, I had gotten really interested in how to fit my stuff into this new space before I left, and I've started to remember the good ideas I had and feel motivated to put them into action.

That's cool, so maybe you'll ride the momentum of the project for a while then.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 12:59 pm

Pokemon Generations 1-3 look like the best to me.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

21 May 2017, 1:07 pm

Boy, I sure got a lot of sleep last night. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 1:14 pm

I say random things every day since the autocorrect update.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 1:30 pm

DataB4 wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
I had a huge task, in trying to adjust my stuff to my new living space. Then, after I had figured out some of what I wanted to do, but before putting it into effect, I took a vacation. Now, I've been back almost a week, and I've started to wrap my mind around the task again. I have to cut myself some slack, because of how disoriented I felt coming home to a home that had not yet become familiar.

I'm blind, and I didn't know that sighted people could have that sort of disorientation. Is it like, getting ready takes twice as long, because you can't find anything? Or like, being overwhelmed with finding a place for everything, and then trying to remember where that place was?

jrjones9933 wrote:
Travel poses interesting challenges all the time,

Definitely! I find it stressful and tiring but rewarding.

jrjones9933 wrote:
and at the same time I've had to recover from sustained overstimulation by taking it easy, I've keenly missed the stimulation. :roll: :lol:

So you're saying that you need time to recover, but that you wish you didn't need that time?

jrjones9933 wrote:
However, I had gotten really interested in how to fit my stuff into this new space before I left, and I've started to remember the good ideas I had and feel motivated to put them into action.

That's cool, so maybe you'll ride the momentum of the project for a while then.

I dug into an unsorted pile yesterday. I have momentum.

I find the challenges posed by travel rewarding, and I enjoy figuring out how to navigate cultural differences. I get excited by road signs or by trying to buy ice cubes in Europe. Once I overcome a little initial discomfort, I enjoy the language barrier, too.

I can't speak for other sighted people, especially since I process a lot of information kinesthetically. That probably contributes to my disorientation. I don't see a 1:1 correlation between physical space and head space, but I do try to use the connection to my benefit. On the other hand, sorting old journals or papers tends to lead me to feel maudlin. Reading articles which help me prepare for future activities tends to give me more energy to make progress.

How do you feel about Feng Shui, DataB4?

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 2:55 pm

I didn't think that RPing would come with this much interpersonal issues. 8O

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 3:05 pm

^Me neither.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 3:18 pm

I was just thinking, "I wish I had some fermented soy-bean prawn-flavored potato chips."

There Are Four Lights!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 3:22 pm

^Bleky. I would not want to eat those, ever.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

MirrorWars
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 5:31 pm

Derrick Glossner.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 5:59 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^Bleky. I would not want to eat those, ever.

Srsly?

I'll grant that fermented tastes take some acquiring, but shrimp flavored chips? I like some brands, and I've had a few which I didn't enjoy.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 6:06 pm

File under: Unintended Consequences

The flood of (idk what to call them, but I know them when I see them) remind me a little of Bleach.

Maybe we just need more Orihime

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 6:55 pm

^^I'm vegetarian, anyway, and potato chips give me worse acne.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 7:08 pm

I've finished off my Sweet Pea wood burning yesterday afternoon with all the peas that I've seen in movies, on TV and in video games. There's Peahawk, Om Nom, a pig from Angry Birds, Mike from the Monsters movies and little Cacnea standing in the grass.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 7:15 pm

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 7:24 pm

Jrjones, I have no opinion on Feng Shui, it's beyond my experience. As for the language barrier, that's one thing that would really scare me. It's very important for me to be able to communicate, especially when I'm not traveling with anyone.

Racheypie, hope you're feeling OK this evening. :)