Page 6334 of 7515 [ 120229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6331, 6332, 6333, 6334, 6335, 6336, 6337 ... 7515  Next

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 9:07 am

Raleigh wrote:
What we say or do has no existential relevance whatsoever.
Best to remember that.

That sounds sad.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 11:01 am

babybird wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:
babybird wrote:
I love going out in the mornings when it's still pitch dark.

That sounds awesome. I used to do that in high school.

Yeah....I go to work on my bike so I have all my lights on.

So I set out when it's dark and by the time I get there it's just getting light.

It's a nice feeling of travelling through dark and light.

cool!

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 11:12 am

Raleigh, that's sort of how I feel right now... Or, more specifically, I feel that nothing I can do at the moment will have any meaning. But my mind is fighting against it, I know that things I do now might eventually be worthwhile, but I don't feel that. I feel only enough positivity to think hmm, I've got to just do... one... thing... and maybe I'll feel better if I do something. I've been here so so many times before, in this space of negativity. I know I won't get out of it until I fight it with my actions or until something good happens. I know this, so why is it so hard?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 11:33 am

I'm a leaf on the wind...

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 11:50 am

^Nice. I could use a taste of that feeling now I think.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 1:01 pm

The study of cults and auditory processing.

____

You think that between the decline of publishing and ___ that there would be more of an effort for newspaper comic series to become animated series.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:09 pm

Spare ribs make absolutely no sence to me.

Spare change, spare tyre or even spare time but I just don't understand how a rib can be spare.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:40 pm

Speaking of meat. The pork chop I just ate did have a little greenish color to parts of it. Did it also taste a little bit different..? I will know in some hours I guess :P

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:43 pm

Froya wrote:
Speaking of meat. The pork chop I just ate did have a little greenish color to parts of it. Did it also taste a little bit different..? I will know in some hours I guess :P

Errgh, good luck with that... and now this is more apt than random:

Bugrit! Millenium hand and shrimp!

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:50 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:

What does that mean?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:51 pm

I watched the made-for-tv version of Hogfather once.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 4:04 pm

ZachGoodwin wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
What we say or do has no existential relevance whatsoever.
Best to remember that.

That sounds sad.

we don't change the universe as a whole much, but we can change a few creatures' whole universe. that's something and i think it's worthwhile.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 5:34 pm

Making light rail infrastructures on Minecraft is very engaging.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 6:46 pm

Froya wrote:
Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:

What does that mean?

It's from Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels... there's a minor character in a few of them who talks to himself a lot and this is one of the things he says most often. I've tidied it and him up a bit, since he goes by Foul Ole Ron. His dog is actually a major character here and there.

I haven't read all of the novels, so I don't know if we ever got an explanation for it in his case, but in Reaper Man the great Death of all universes has a clock on which the big hand only goes around once; this was referred to as the Universe hand, so I've inferred that this clock is where the Millennium hand hangs out, and that Ron may have had some type of encounter with same that left him a bit unstuck in time.

About the shrimp, I have no theories.

I used to fall back on this as a soft swear when I was at work around people who couldn't handle the occasional sotto voce profanity (my job required much use of computers; they and our semi-custom software were remarkably ornery and became more so every time top management "improved" either. Either you swore or your head exploded.)

If anyone has read something that accounts for Ron, I'd love to know what and where :-)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 7:18 pm

^I have various fake swear words if you'd like to borrow them.

Oh, flan.

For the love of the Lifestream! [a Final Fantasy VII reference]

Mattaku. [Literally: honestly/seriously; Japanese origin]

Watching various anime shows taught me many Japanese swear words, unfortunately. :lol:

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 7:40 pm

@Kuraudo: :lol: you just reminded me that I know a couple gorgeous Dutch ones, which sadly I do not know how to spell, but they're real and they're scorchers so it's probably just as well.

They accuse the being (or item, I suppose) at whom they are aimed of acting on unnatural affections for chickens or bunnies.

I like "Oh flan!" and will use that around my neighbor's really good, sweet kids (who like to watch me putter around the house outside, and are good company, staying out of the way when I assure them that's the best way to help. One of these days I will hit my thumb with the hammer or skin my knuckles or paint my own shoes while they're visiting).