No, he is clearly right, repent you sinners! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
He has his beliefs and I respect them. 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 34

TheRani
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Dec 2007, 3:36 pm

Taimaat wrote:
Just because some people follow a rigid rule-based dogma filled right-hand path religion doesn't mean it should be banned.

Indeed. Some of us prefer rigid rule-based dogma-filled right-hand path religions like Catholicism because we Like structure and rules and rituals and are drawn to that style of worship. For those who can't stand change, it's a comfort to be a part of something that rarely changes with the times. It gives us a place to go where we can feel like we belong, and dissuades us from killing ourselves. In the unlikely event that religion is ever banned in the US, I would consider it worth moving to another country for.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2007, 9:08 pm

DeanFoley wrote:
Haha! Check out his paranoid ravings about the ''Islamic Invasion''...

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0042/0042_01.asp :lol: :lol: :lol:

Islam is bringing England to its knees... :lol: Yes, Islam is VERY widespread in England...a whole 3.1% :lol: !

Deluded man...

Besides his interpretation of Muslims as evil being false, no religion is taking over England. Religion in England is plummeting!

I've heard conflicting reports on this issue. Birth rates among affluent western nations tend to be piss poor, so it certainly isn't impossible that a very fertile immigrant group with a high retention rate could supplant the native religions eventually. I'd be interested if you could direct me to some stats.

DeanFoley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2007, 9:01 am

twoshots wrote:
DeanFoley wrote:
Haha! Check out his paranoid ravings about the ''Islamic Invasion''...

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0042/0042_01.asp :lol: :lol: :lol:

Islam is bringing England to its knees... :lol: Yes, Islam is VERY widespread in England...a whole 3.1% :lol: !

Deluded man...

Besides his interpretation of Muslims as evil being false, no religion is taking over England. Religion in England is plummeting!

I've heard conflicting reports on this issue. Birth rates among affluent western nations tend to be piss poor, so it certainly isn't impossible that a very fertile immigrant group with a high retention rate could supplant the native religions eventually. I'd be interested if you could direct me to some stats.

Regardless of population, I'm sure we can agree it has not ''brought England to her knees''.

That tract also showed Jack's own arrogance. Apparently, the only reasons we aren't all Christian is because we are afraid what others will think and that we are stubborn and pretending to not believe in God. :lol:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 12:07 pm

I, personally, am considering abandoning Christianity, because I am tired of wondering if I'm going to burn in hell for watching South Park, and for the fact that I believe that it's ok to have sex outside of marriage.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Lord_Leinad
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Dec 2007, 12:46 pm

Taimaat wrote:
You have to admit though there is some truth to what he says though, I got into Satanism after playing role playing games for years. Of course according to him, just about everything is Satanic, so I guess if you followed his silly religion, you would have no fun. When I think about people like that, I think about over-emotional bi-polar types who do crazy things (like throw out everything they own) in hopes that it will fix their confusing emotional state.

Yes, you can also contact the "diabolical" entities during a catholic church service, I know because I've done it a couple times, I prayed silently an inverted variation of the our father (our daughter who art in hell) and I felt something.

:o

TheRani
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Dec 2007, 2:46 pm

Lord_Leinad wrote:
Taimaat wrote:
You have to admit though there is some truth to what he says though, I got into Satanism after playing role playing games for years. Of course according to him, just about everything is Satanic, so I guess if you followed his silly religion, you would have no fun. When I think about people like that, I think about over-emotional bi-polar types who do crazy things (like throw out everything they own) in hopes that it will fix their confusing emotional state.

Yes, you can also contact the "diabolical" entities during a catholic church service, I know because I've done it a couple times, I prayed silently an inverted variation of the our father (our daughter who art in hell) and I felt something.

:o

For what it's worth, I've been playing and running role-playing games for around 16 years now, I'm a practicing Catholic, and I've never once felt like changing religions because of a game. If someone isn't freely following a religion because they truly believe in it, then of course they'll eventually gravitate to a religion that's more to their liking, games or no games.