Page 2491 of 4176 [ 66815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2488, 2489, 2490, 2491, 2492, 2493, 2494 ... 4176  Next

Fetika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Mar 2017, 6:55 pm

I actually like it : before I buy (or even listen) I have an idea of what to expect. If a song I never heard is classified as "Renaissance" or Baroque" and the composer is Vivaldi I know it will be very different from "Heavy metal satanic" and the composer is Dethroner. Also, it helps me understand the "message" of the music. I will hear very differently two melodies that sound almost the same if one is "classique française" (end of 17th and first half of 18th century) and the other is "neo-classic" (middle of 20th) since the context is very different.

What is you point of view about spirituality?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 6:59 pm

What I am is utterly beyond words.

same question

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

traven
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 2:21 am

there's a lot of ways to get it wrong, false assumptions, false believes, charlatans and gurus to get around, its a big task to learn about the cultural contexts of that,
it's entirely possible to go in the right direction without spie, but human is addicted to the long way around, the education not so much mentions about proper shields and selfprotection or even strategies to untangle the way from the question
i'm more concerned of the mindcontrol-thing behind it, the oldest (probably,afaics) layer of mc, the building of dis-positionement, they used powerfull means and methods, long ago,
lets keep running in circles or also in the treadmill of your mirrorpalace

what is your favorite vegetable?

Fetika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Mar 2017, 3:36 am

@ traven : You are talking about religions here, not spirituality. Although many religious people have very good intentions, most leaders (I did not say "all") are abusers. Most religions have one thing in common "My religion is better than yours, my God is the only true God (yours is not even a god!) and only we have truth. This is soooooo far from spirituality!

Vegetable : raw tomato. (Sorry : I know it actually is a fruit. If you insist on actual vegetables, I would say carrot because I can make delicious juice with them in my juicer.)

Many scientists say they are atheists. But not all. Einstein, for one, always denied being atheist : he was pantheist. Would you say that, since pantheists deny the existence of a supreme being, they are atheist? Or since they believe in a god that they are theists?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 3:49 am

i would say they are theists, merely because the belief in an alternative "god" that is all encompassing (which flows within all that exists, if i see this correctly) is more closely related to more traditional specific theism, both having a "god"; whatever it may entail.... when compared to atheism which in my experience...explains happenings as the simple result of interactions between particles and such.

this may be choppy but i have not given it much thought before. i can appreciate pantheism though.

what are some inanimate objects you have developed an attachment to, if any?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 10:13 am

I try not to have attachment to anything, since 'this too, shall pass.'

What brings you joy? [Note that it's joy, not happiness; there's a supreme difference, since happiness is conditional on pleasure being perceived outside of you, and joy is a state that exists within you.]

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Fetika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Mar 2017, 10:37 am

@ Kuraudo7777: you seem to confuse happiness with pleasure. I am not sure "happiness" means the same thing as "bonheur" in French (I am French Canadian) but, if so, in my dictionary, it is defined as "Physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well-being". So, to answer your question, I would say that ethics (not morals, ethics : the art and science of survival) brings me joy. Carefully choosing who will be my friends, careful budgeting and financial planning, living outside, eating healthily, meditating in Nature (I am pantheist), studying science (I am physicist)... in short, I think that happiness (which includes joy) is not a luck but the result of planning and building it.

Same question

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 10:39 am

Originally, in Old English, the word meant 'luck' or had to do with fate. There's your random etymological trivia for the day.

Simply living is enough.

What do you think of the Norns/Fates/Weavers/ectc?

traven
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 1:40 am

nothing

do you know 'black helicopters' ? the lure of torture exposed? terrible wounds glorified on front page?
the call for justice to be inflicted in the name ? (btw, be carefull if you see that)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 2:00 am

you got me googling.
that reminds me, there was a blackish helicopter hovering above the beach a few weeks ago, just outside of my college. you could hear it from all across campus, it was...staying there. menacingly.

wonder what that was? hm.

what are some things you have witnessed in your life, that to this day remain unexplained to you and still get you thinking?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 3:23 am

plenty, but disclose that, uhm, i was for a while with a guy who called himself the beast, i didn't believe that at all,
after that, let it go , thats a no go, much later............................................hum wtf ???
he didn't do bad to me directly, but had resources to ((deep-fear))the underground, pop-up personas, assaults by greys, and the whole thing under secretservice seeingeye? call me weird 8O

same question

Fetika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Mar 2017, 3:45 am

Once, in Joliette (province of Québec, Canada), I was walking by night (about 11 PM) near a large mining stone pit belonging to the Lafarge Cement company. I saw about 8 to 10 little white luminous balls floating around just over the paved surface. I did not hear any sound. They did not fly in a straight line, not fast, and their motion had straight lines then a sudden change in direction followed by another straight line then a change of direction and so on. Sometimes one went upward then came back down. The low speed, the changes of direction without being near any electrical conductor, their changes in height, all this showed me they were not ball lightnings (furthermore there was a starry sky and we did not have any thunderstorm the preceding days). At two occasions one ball came near me, turned around me, then went back into the pit. Sometimes they disappeared behind the buildings in the pit. I noticed that, when they flew close to something (the paved bottom, the building walls etc.), they did not illuminate that thing, proving they were not very bright. When they were near me, I did not see any intense brightness neither. Then three of them flew away at very high speed without any sound while the others remained in the pit. After about half an hour watching them I walked home.

Same question

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 4:12 am

ehhrm...all i can think of, really, is being is being 8 years old, lying in bed while what seemed to be a cloth, folded itself into a pyramid shape and pointed at me, all while a mysterious feminine voice whispering "baby....baby...." relented.

it may have been a dream, or hallucinaiton. but it would surprise me if it was the former because i usually always know (after i wake up) what is a dream and what is real.

what are some things you recently have learned to avoid?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Fetika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Mar 2017, 5:00 am

Very good question Kiprobalhato! Toxic people and toxic relations.

Look at this picture

It makes me wonder if the Universe is a thinking, intelligent living being. Of course, it would not thing very fast (to our standards) since a "thought" would take millions of years to travel from one "neuron" (or group of galaxies or "great attractor") to another. But this is a very different scale. We take at least 1/10th of a second to think anything very elementary ; this is extremely long by quantic standards.

Do you share these feelings or do your thing that all this is only inert matter?

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 7:08 am

I've never thought that the Universe might be sentient before, but I have imagined that cells, bacteria, etc. are thinking, feeling intelligent creatures.

Same question.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 10:21 am

Of course the universe is sentient and alive. I can feel it.

Quote:
what are some things you have witnessed in your life, that to this day remain unexplained to you and still get you thinking?

same question