Page 3 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 2:41 am

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
This discussion makes me feel old. My life probably would've gone differently had I not found this place. That said, I miss a lot of the older members. All those awesome personalities, just not here anymore. :? Don't know how long I'll stay here again, I've mostly gotten over everything discussed here. Anyways, thank you Alex blah blah blah...Awesome site. :P

Yeah, I miss the older members too. It's not the same without them.

five_squared
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Mar 2008, 11:34 am

I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS a couple of days ago, found this site yesterday evening and registered today :) So I'm kinda new here...

KateShroud
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Austin, Texas, United States, north America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

02 Mar 2008, 5:05 pm

[quote="five_squared"]I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS a couple of days ago, found this site yesterday evening and registered today :) So I'm kinda new here...[/quote]
Hi, and congrats. I hope you enjoy the site. As a person who spends plenty of time on the computer, I find it refreshing when compared with all the junk on the net they call "entertainement."

five_squared

03 Mar 2008, 6:03 pm

KateShroud wrote:
Hi, and congrats. I hope you enjoy the site. As a person who spends plenty of time on the computer, I find it refreshing when compared with all the junk on the net they call "entertainement."

Hi :) Yeah, this seems like a nice place ^^ And I get to practise my English as well!

ozbiker
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Mar 2008, 2:58 am

Hi. I'm new here and just a quick hello.
I'll say more later when I feel more comfortable with the forum.
cheers, JohnF

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Mar 2008, 3:39 am

Thank you Alex!! :D :D :D
Because of you and this site I feel "Not so alone and friendless" now. I have people who PM me and that I keep in contact with more than I do my "real family."
You have all listened to me as I sort thru the issues that Ive had to confront and been nothing but supportive in every instance.
For the first time in my life I don't feel as if I'v got to decipher some foreign language just to try and "fit in" and have people understand what I'm trying to convey. (which I'v never managed to pull off yet so I finally gave up on fitting in :roll: ) You have all also enhanced my computer skills exponentially. Because of this site I had to learn how to post an avatar. :oops:
So THANK YOU, not only to Alex, but to everyone who makes this site what it is. :D
BTW there was about 12,000 members when I joined.

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

MJIthewriter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Mar 2008, 5:23 pm

I just joined now! And I filled out my profile. I saved the sig part until I read further. I don't want to violate any sig size limits.

I would be member 17,483?? Since I finished my profile at least two other people signed up after me. There are 17,487 right now.

As far as autism, I've been labeled PDD NOS since age 6 when I moved from CO to WI. I live in MN right now.

Rainbowbright
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Mar 2008, 12:01 am

:lol: [b] Hi, Hello, hey!! !! :D I am psyched! I have never met another adult with Asperger's. Wow!! !! It's very exciting, but for some reason I

find myself feeling a bit anxious. It is pretty way cool. I happened upon this site while doing some research for a paper. I was beside myself.

I don't know why I never thought to look 4 a site like this before. Anywho, I am Angie/Rainbowbrigt and looking foward to experiencing this.

polarbear1010
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Mar 2008, 5:23 pm

Hey Ive just joined this site

I saw this site on aspergers syndrome article off wikipedia and my view is so positive. I think this is a great site, so many people are like me out there with AS diagnosis, some maybe different but I like it, this unites those sufferers together to one site to talk about their problems to see if it would emerge with other people, in order to make good awareness of the problem. Sorry if I am being too pedantic, just trying to feel like I am in the right place

LeftyHNS
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Apr 2008, 2:28 pm

I just wanted to say hello for the first time. I'm at a bit of a loss for words at the moment, but I'm sure that will get easier with time. I'm pretty new to the posting thing. :? Ok, quick intro--
I have three children ages 11, 9 & 6. My 11 year old has Autism, my 9 year old has Asperger's & my 6 year old is just a little stinker. :wink:
I am looking forward to joining discussions, chatting and just getting to know all of you...

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2008, 3:23 pm

Nice to meet you, LeftyHNS. :) 8)

LeftyHNS
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2008, 9:42 am

Hi, Jerry! I checked out your web page--nice to meet you... :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 1:54 pm

When I've first joined, in 2004, I was obsessed with the 1960s, and I didn't know that my favourite buses, which were still in service back than, had a special name.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 2:16 pm

I also miss a lot of the older members, as well.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 10:47 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I also miss a lot of the older members, as well.

That happens on all forums, I joined a board about six years ago and lots of people left, good thing was, lots turned up again on other boards because we were all interested in the same kinds of things, that was a happy thing : )

Some may come back though CR. people often turn up unexpectedly.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 10:50 am

Hello. I stumbled into this place with a big duuh? on my face about 6 days ago I think.
In those six days I seem to have pissed off more people than in the last year here where I live. It was nice for about 40 hours, then my mistakes started to show and the s**t hit the fan.
You know, one of those industrial-4feet ones. So now I just look a little a other peoples posts and wait and see. Saw some people with tires and gascans earlier, so i dont know.. oh well, doesn`t matter. I`m sure theres alot of nice people here.