zendell
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 8:11 pm

beau99 wrote:
zendell wrote:
beau99 wrote:
Quote:
There's a reason Kevin Trudeau was convicted of grand larceny.

That's one explanation. Another is that his natural cures are threatening the profits of big pharmaceutical companies so they got the government to lock him up.

No.

He was convicted because he couldn't back up his claims.

Despite this, his books STILL sell millions of copies.

Did you ever stop to think about WHY his books still sell millions of copies? Maybe it's because his natural cures work. His book, "Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You To Know About" is rated 5 starts out of 5 by most of the 2,365 people who reviewed it on amazon.com. Here's the link if you don't believe me: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0975599518

Safe, natural, alternative cures and treatments have been practiced for thousands of years. Then, Big Pharma (and their government group - the FDA) came along and required expensive, multi-million dollar studies to prove each individual treatment effective which allowed Big Pharma to monopolize health care because only patentable treatments are worth the expense to prove them effective.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 8:16 pm

zendell wrote:
beau99 wrote:
zendell wrote:
beau99 wrote:
Quote:

That's one explanation. Another is that his natural cures are threatening the profits of big pharmaceutical companies so they got the government to lock him up.

No.

Did you ever stop to think about WHY his books still sell millions of copies? Maybe it's because his natural cures work. His book, "Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You To Know About" is rated 5 starts out of 5 by most of the 2,365 people who reviewed it on amazon.com. Here's the link if you don't believe me: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0975599518

They don't work. Believe me, I tried a few.

I'm still angry about the fact one of his "cures" directly lead to the painful, excrutiating death of one of my relatives.

Quote:
Safe, natural, alternative cures and treatments have been practiced for thousands of years. Then, Big Pharma (and their government group - the FDA) came along and required expensive, multi-million dollar studies to prove each individual treatment effective which allowed Big Pharma to monopolize health care because only patentable treatments are worth the expense to prove them effective.

Uh... yeah. Believe what you want. I don't wish to debate with you any longer.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 11:49 pm

Although I have suffered from reflux I have discovered several ways to minimize it. Primarily, I eat a lot less and do so in the early afternoon. Sweets and sugar seem to provoke it so I avoid them, especially in the evening. I avoid meat but I don't know if this is a contributor to the problem. I avoid eating in the late afternoon and night before I go to sleep. If reflux does occur, I try to get to sleep in a semi-sitting position with pillows or other objects under the head end of my mattress to keep my torso semi-erect or sleep in a comfortable chair. Mostly, the problem can be controlled by not over-eating and avoid acid foods like fruit juices. I also use Nexium which prevents acid formation.

cataspie
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jan 2008, 8:46 am

zendell wrote:
I had acid reflux. I cured it with probiotics. I bought 3 brands with over 1 billion good bacteria each and it cured me. The information below may explain why probiotics helped me:

Quote:
For many people who are lactose intolerant are being helped by the ingestion of probiotics to introduce beneficial yeast and bacteria into the digestive tract. A connection between probiotics and acid reflux relief is thought to be available for persons suffering from helicobacter pylori infection, a known cause of acid reflux. However, there remains dispute that a connection between probiotics and acid reflux relief when it is caused by other issues...

http://cure-acidreflux.org/category/acid-reflux-causes
I have been told i was lactose intolerant so i think this is a very good link for me.

AspCat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2008, 10:29 am

I have had it from time to time. There are certain things you can do to mitigate it, apart from medication:

1) Eat smaller portions at mealtime, or eat several smaller meals throughout the day.
2) Stay away from soft drinks, as they are acidic. Doctor Pepper was always a major offender with me.
3) Don't consume huge amounts of water. It's not clear that this '8 glasses a day' rule is really required, and keeping up with such large quantities merely aggravated my acid.
4) Reduce stress, or temper your reaction to it so the reflux doesn't start.

I was having bad reflux several years ago. One over the counter med in the US was an antacid called Tagamet, it helped me when I needed it. When in the midst of the worst throes of reflux, standard chewable antacids were only partially effective.

I have gotten to the point where reflux is only a very occasional problem, and am learning to better control it through the above steps. Good luck.

cataspie
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jan 2008, 12:56 pm

beau99 wrote:
zendell wrote:
beau99 wrote:
zendell wrote:
beau99 wrote:
Quote:

No.

They don't work. Believe me, I tried a few.

I'm still angry about the fact one of his "cures" directly lead to the painful, excrutiating death of one of my relatives.

Quote:

Uh... yeah. Believe what you want. I don't wish to debate with you any longer.
I now know that lactose is maybe some of the cause so trying out a milk free diet may help,i dont like the idea of taking anything dangerous.I like your picture with your cat.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 1:00 pm

cataspie wrote:
Mints can help stop the burning.

That could be part of your problem!

menthol accelerates heartburn, try some ginger instead.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 1:08 pm

cataspie wrote:
I now know that lactose is maybe some of the cause so trying out a milk free diet may help,i dont like the idea of taking anything dangerous.

I'm lactose intolerant, so I already do this. But I'm a soda addict. This gives me problems and I can't help it.

Quote:
I like your picture with your cat.

Thanks.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

ClosetAspy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2008, 8:28 pm

I have acid reflux, but I don't get heartburn. I get a tickle in my throat and a cough which is worse after meals and at night. The doctors said I had asthma and/or allergies. Wasn't till I read an article on acid reflux and realized I had all symptoms except heartburn that I went in and had a test done. I am in a high-stress job, so not surprised. If there is a God He She or It has an evil sense of humor because I am in precisely the kind of job a career counselor would tell an Aspy to avoid like the plague. But the job market is not good in this part of the country and I am in one of the few fields that is actually prospering so I have no desire to start over somewhere new. I have been there almost 30 years and we have learned to adapt to each other.