Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

jaydog
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 1:09 am

for those who read about it, you can get the alternative and details of the site ntspeaks.com

but heres the news

view article

23 Jan 2008, 1:12 am

Gosh, I wonder what the website looked liked.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 4:15 am

Woohoo! Dont back down!

TLPG
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 5:42 am

Autism Speaks deserves to be exposed for this. I saw the notes on this story on Aspies for Freedom. Their attack on a young teen shows that they are keen on eugenics - and they don't want young ASD people making them look like fools by showing how clever they are.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 7:11 am

I had a greatcomeback, but windows TRASHED it to install a worthless product I will never use! ANYWAY....

People do NOT merely "ask an individual to cease"! !! !! !! WHY SHOULD THEY!?!? NOPE, their LAWYERS send a C&D(Cease and Desist) letter!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%2 ... +desist%22

Here is a sample:

http://www.utsystem.edu/OGC/INTELLECTUA ... /cease.htm

Their EXISTENCE is a threat to sue, and they often basically say they will! Look at the example above:

Quote:
As you neither asked for nor received permission to use the Work as the basis for [name of infringing work] nor to make or distribute copies, including electronic copies, of same, I believe you have willfully infringed my rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504(c)(2) therein.

I demand that you immediately cease the use and distribution of all infringing works derived from the Work, and all copies, including electronic copies, of same, that you deliver to me, if applicable, all unused, undistributed copies of same, or destroy such copies immediately and that you desist from this or any other infringement of my rights in the future. If I have not received an affirmative response from you by [date give them about 2 weeks] indicating that you have fully complied with these requirements, I shall take further action against you.

Translation? You are GUILTY! Punishment is up to $150,000! Comply, or I WILL SUE! They may EVEN specify punitive damages and the fact that lawyer fees may also be charged.

So, BASICALLY, the lawyers are saying that the minor AND their employer lied!! !! ! BUT, by indicating they know ANYTHING about the case they are saying that it is all true and THEY are lying!

Zarathustra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 9:21 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Gosh, I wonder what the website looked liked.
Find out at www.ntspeaks.com ...

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 10:47 am

Walk a mile in my shoes topic

Sometimes a mirror is hard to look into when you already know what to expect. I think the name of Autism Speaks should be changed to the parady version, because that is exactly what they are. This young girl was merely stating the obvious. Young people today are so perceptive. :)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo