Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2008, 10:30 pm

A few years ago when I first saw the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, I kept thinking or fantasizing about my life as a foster kid and if I were a foster kid, wishing that someone would whisk me away to some magical, wondrous place like Hogwarts and away from some of the more abusive families I was placed with.

Getting the message that I've been accepted to a school and then being given an itinerary to board a train and then live out my days at this wonderful place where I'd always be accepted.

Whenever I hear that 7-note HP theme, I get chills and think about that fantasy.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2008, 10:47 pm

Yeah sometimes the same here but I rather be in Feudal Japan or any of the Gundam Series being a warrior and hero to people.

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2008, 11:44 pm

yay harry potter!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! Harry Potter just happens to be one of my obsessions

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 5:38 am

Ravenclawgurl wrote:
yay harry potter!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! Harry Potter just happens to be one of my obsessions

Mine too :D :twisted:

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 7:46 am

Same here as well.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 8:25 am

It's something we who have to suffer the Dursley's of the world would all have liked.

I spent my youth checking wardrobes for gateways into another world :)

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 4:44 pm

Yep, yep. I used to do Harry Potter roleplaying, without any cannon characters of course...the way the magic works in it allows for so many whacky storylines. XD I like exploring deranged, dirty, dark, twisted stuff that the books never fully explore (but acknowledge or mention at some point).

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 7:19 am

Shame there's only two more films to go.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 12:02 pm

TheAPERSON wrote:
Shame there's only two more films to go.

I haven't even watched Ootp yet. :?

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 2:34 pm

Do you think that Rowling will write an encyclopaedia of HP world with all the motives that were removed from the books? I'd like to read for example the removed chapter describing conversation between Draco and Theodore Nott.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 5:06 pm

Irulan wrote:
Do you think that Rowling will write an encyclopaedia of HP world with all the motives that were removed from the books? I'd like to read for example the removed chapter describing conversation between Draco and Theodore Nott.

Eventually but she's on break right now from HP.