Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

bundens
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Feb 2008, 3:01 pm

I have strange things where...If I limit myself to something I cannot pass it no matter what the outcome, cost etc. For example I follow the letter of the law and I will get paranoid if I break the law...I have specific brands that I can only have or I'll be extremely paranoid of other brands. I can't eat more than a certain amount of food per day. I'm constantly trying to organize and list things...those are types of examples..but it's really about how it makes me feel
It's like I get this mental block of overwhelming disappointment, I suppose it would be a lot like OCD although it's not with the typical types of things OCD is affiliated with. It could be something random..or I'll have a compulsion that every time I see a certain thing it has a hidden meaning and it will bother me if I try and delude from these ways of thinking..
if any of this makes sense..ya know?

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 4:05 pm

Yes - it's integral to the aspie condition - we live by rules - and where there are none, we tend to invent and impose.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

14 Feb 2008, 4:15 pm

yes. i used to have to do things the same way otherwise i would mess them up and do it the right way, i also look to make shure after i wash my hands that i turn off the faucet 2 or three times i also make shure the stove is off before i leave my house and sometimes will go back in my house once im in the car to make shure it is off. wouldnt want to burn the plcae down you know :wink: :)

lucy1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2008, 5:06 pm

Yes - this computer - I need to drag myself away and do some work.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 6:40 pm

Making sure the oven is off.
Making sure my alarm clock is set.
Making sure my door is locked.
Making sure I have my keys.
Checking my glasses to see if there are smudges on them.
Washing my face.
Checking what time it is.