5 signs she’s into you

also

5 signs he’s into you

- Emerson

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 3:31 pm

According to MSN, my husband isn't in love with me and is probably cheating on me too. :lol: On the other side of that, I'd like to point out that I talk fast when nervous/excited and I probably like a person a LOT if that happens. I guess these articles don't apply to people with AS, though I wonder if they really work for NTs?

Grimfaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2008, 3:32 pm

Yea right... it's hard enough to even carry on a conversation... if I'm also trying to figure what it means when a person does this or that... I'll stop talking and ruin everything else...

We invented a verbal langauge for a reason... why can't people use it and just say what they mean?

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 4:08 pm

Interesting...wonder how this compares with other aspie women.

#3.... "Twirling your hair"... I do all the time, but basically it's a nervous thing or a stim I guess.

#4 & 5...I wonder about, but have no clue.

#1 & 2....I would have to say no...not in my case anyways.

Now in the "5 signs as to whether or not he's in to you"...#1 and 5 make me nervous and can have the effect of making me want to flee, especially on the first date. :lol:

coyote
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Feb 2008, 4:35 pm

omg, i always stare at mouths (it helps me understand)! ! so i'm constantly sending the signal that i'm not interrested ? wonder why they all ran away :lol:

merr
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 6:41 pm

Grimfaire wrote:
Yea right... it's hard enough to even carry on a conversation... if I'm also trying to figure what it means when a person does this or that... I'll stop talking and ruin everything else...

We invented a verbal langauge for a reason... why can't people use it and just say what they mean?
It doesn't matter. Even if we said everything we mean we'd STILL be sending out signals, whether we mean to or not.

Yes, we have verbal language, but we are visual and analytical by nature and we decipher what nonverbal communication means when given to us- and we get it ALL the time. There is never a moment when you are not communicating something.

roguetech
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2008, 8:12 pm

Quote:
1. She tilts her head

As if to say, "what the hell is this guy talking about?! What the hell is Line-ex???"

Quote:
3. She twirls her hair

As if to say, "God, when will this guy ever SHUT UP?" ...or... "God, I'm bored, I wish he'd say SOMETHING!"

Quote:
4. She gets a glow
While blushing often means embarrassment,
'Nuf said.

Quote:
5. Her pupils dilate
Who knew NT's could go catatonic?? Seriously, who the heck would notice pupils dilating?

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 9:09 pm

Grimfaire wrote:

I've wondered the same thing myself....

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 9:19 pm

Grimfaire wrote:

Exactly. Does anyone else find every single piece of dating advice out there discouraging?

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 9:30 pm

I read 'em both. After reading 5 signs he's into you I concluded that my body language signals 'piss off b***h'

roguetech
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2008, 10:47 pm

Quote:
2. He speaks softly

Better keep quite or someone mind find out I'm talking to her

Quote:
3. He rounds his posture

As if in total despair and defeat

Quote:
4. He talks slowwwly

"Arreeee youuuuu reeetarrrrdeddd?"

Quote:
5. He can’t take his eyes off you (in a good way)

And check for a bulge... While you're at it, note the size of said bulge for possible "compatibility".

Quote:
She takes a sip when you take a sip...if he doesn’t copy you, gesture for gesture...odds are he isn’t smitten

Omg... He takes a sip so she does, so he takes another sip, so she.... And they both EXPLODE!! ! Weeee! See, dating isn't hard :lol:

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 11:44 pm

Grimfaire wrote:

This is what I've been saying all along. And in the same vein, I'm so tired of being misread and accused of "having attitude" when I'm actually in a good mood. Well, until I'm wrongly accused of being in a bad one. And then of course the accuser never believes me when I say they've misread me. :roll: I do try to say what I mean and mean what I say, but the world is hung up on body language. Sorry, my body language doesn't speak NT body language. :lol:

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 9:44 pm

pupils dialating indicates interest. In my 3d art, I'll dialate the character's pupils slightly, and have them looking at the viewer. Always get a higher response that way.

also, this is known throughout the Middle East. That's why a lot of merchants there wear dark sunglasses, so they can't betray their interest in something (you thought it was because of the sun?...;)

sands
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2008, 3:10 am

The guy I like has Aspergers and he does almost all of the ones that says he's not that into me! :( He puts me to the side of him and he avoids eye contact. Geez, I think I'm in trouble.......

What's normal anyway?

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Feb 2008, 12:50 pm

Well, after reading those, I know that I am Definitely on the Wrong Planet! I don't do any of those things when I am interested in a guy. I twirl my hair as a stim. I avoid eye contact if I am interested, and I chatter a mile a minute, both when I am happy with the company I'm in, and when I'm nervous! I talk the same way to my brothers as I do to other males in a casual setting, especially if they are halfway intelligent. And I sip when I want to sip, and it has nothing to do with the male. I touch my neck when self conscious, and I wouldn't place my purse on the table because if my drink or plate is there, and it could cause a messy situation. And if somebody suddenly invaded my space, it would startle and upset me. Power stares turn me off and make me uneasy. I could go on and on, but I won't... :)

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 12:52 pm

sands wrote:
The guy I like has Aspergers and he does almost all of the ones that says he's not that into me! :( He puts me to the side of him and he avoids eye contact. Geez, I think I'm in trouble.......

He's an aspie, this doesn't apply to him.