Page 11 of 11 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

HBee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Sep 2016, 8:36 pm

Hi, I'm new here.

I think it is the same condition, one viewed through a scientific lens and one through a spiritual lens. For Aspergers I read- strong sense of justice, honest, intelligent (of course we grow up and act how we choose)... That list would describe a spiritual being as well.

I consider myself an empath. The scientific reason would be that because I'm so literal, I have to pay more attention to nonverbal cues. I have to feel situations or I'd always be lost.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Sep 2016, 9:57 am

Welcome to WP!

Your description sounds right - I identify with those characteristics and I see them in my friend, who denies he's on the spectrum but I can see it clearly. Attention to detail and perfection, preferring the company of dogs and computers to humans, strong sense of justice and empathy, not a follower of what is considered fashionable or popular, deep thinker - he ticks all the right boxes.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2016, 12:34 pm

Different means different which does not neccessarly mean special. There are overlapping charactoristics between the two labels, there are also plenty of overlapping charactoristics between aspies and narcissists as many aspies who have been falsely accussed of bieng narcissists can attest to, and do I need to go into diagnosed with Aspergers at Yale Adam Lanza?

No matter how wonderful so called indigo children are it is not a positive for adults to identify too closely with a childhood label, especially a pseudoscientific one.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

johnnyh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2016, 11:42 pm

No, the opposite.

-Johnnyh

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2016, 6:55 am

"Indigo children" don't exist. But spoiled brats worshipped by their parents are everywhere :roll:

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 8:55 am

I actually don't roll too heavy with new age stuff. Once "new age" was brought into the subject manner I lost all ability to take it seriously.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 2:13 pm

I heard that Indygo Children are either Aspie or ADHD :D

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2018, 5:11 pm

I don't have any supernatural abilities. I'm not telepathic. I have no more empathy than anyone else (apart from sociopaths).
So nope. I'm just normal Joe Bloggs, not an indigo child.

To me it's just a whole load of pseudoscientific nonsense.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 5:20 pm

I don't think Aspies are any more kind or empathetic than anyone else. My experience with other Aspies in real life and online has shown me that we can have any negative trait that NTs can have. So no, we're not more special or supernatural or whatever.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 6:18 pm

When humans can download consciousness and primitive forms of brain-brain communication like spoken and written language become obsolete then autistic brain might then become the most useful lifeform