Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Comkeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Sep 2005, 5:02 pm

God help me. I tried, but I failed. After a month of being clean, I have loaded this god-forsaken drug back on my harddrive and started playing again. :( It got so bad during my haitus that I couldnt stop thinking of World of Warcraft. I just couldnt find anything else to occupy my time. Anyone have any advice on kicking bad habits like this?

... and anyone else have the same addiction problem that I do? Any other game that you're afraid to admit controls your life?

burx
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Sep 2005, 4:11 pm

I got slurped by The Sims some months ago. First, I thougt, I can stop when nessecary. Then, I found myself running again and again into my obsession. No help pulling the CD out of the computer, no help putting it into a cuppoard. But it helped me lots, putting it to my cellar room 5 stories below. It was just to much efford to play one game, so I could turn my thougts and activities back to other goals.

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2005, 4:37 pm

That is precisely why I've never bought a MMORPG, I just get too damn easily addicted to games. If I had to pick my biggest addiction it would probably have to be Counter-Strike. I must have played that for a few hours after school for almost a year straight. If I had the added incentive that I 'had to get my money's worth' for paying the monthly fee, my GPA and my bank account would disappear down the toilet.

Davius
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Sep 2005, 9:28 pm

I can totally hear what you are saying because I'm a WoW junkie myself. Such an addictive and immersive game. Wouldn't say it controls my life, but at times it has made me much less prodcutive, I think I'd be better without it. Fortunately, it seems I am starting to get really tired of the game so I don't think I'll be renewing my subscription after the end of this month.

If I had to say there was one game that controls my life..it would be this god awful 2D MMORPG I played during high school called Nexus: The Kingdom. Really hurt my grades. Can't remember why I even liked that game in the first place...

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2005, 9:38 pm

Morrowind used to be my drug of choice but I eventually got over it (for the most part.)

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

MovieMogul
Toucan
Toucan

27 Sep 2005, 11:17 am

Any of the guys who played WoW know a guy who calls himself Leeroy Neggins? Or something of that sort. I saw a video clip recently of a game where a dozen or so guys plan a strategy to take a room, casting spells in certain orders for best effect etc.

Then out of the blue, one of the guys (who I think was stoned at the time, but not sure) screams into his headset, 'Let's do this! LEEEEROOOOOYY NEEEGGINS!! !! !' He runs into the room on his own, and the rest of the party just stands there for 5 seconds stunned. They then rush in and try and save him but they all got killed.

Hilarious stuff... 8)

http://actionman133.isa-geek.net:8080/

Comkeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 3:39 pm

I LOVE World of Warcraft!IT's my fav. computer game.Does anyone know ifthey are going to amke a PS(2) or X-box version of it?

-SpaceCase :D