Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 6:11 am

lotus wrote:
Isn't Johnny Depp AS? I thought I read that on this forum here somewhere. Anyways, sounds to me like you are just fine. :) If every guy was Bruce Willis, I sure wouldn't be with anyone....

Have you seen Bruce Willis in a normal circumstance? I wouldn't be very surprised if they said HE had AS. He IS different from the die hard series, in fact that personality probably doesn't show up in even 50% of his films.

BTW, for the record, I am not effeminate in any way, and never was. As I said, I am straight. If the subject comes up, that can become clear, but I certainly don't bring up the subject of sex very much. I seriously wonder with those that do.

I never even considered that homosexuals might exist until well into junior highschool. I saw paul lynde, and liberache, and thought they were WIERD, I didn't see how anyone would like them socially, etc... I just never heard anyone talk about that, wasn't always thinking about how others thought, etc... NOW, it turns out, they were BOTH wildly homosexual.

Last edited by 2ukenkerl on 29 Feb 2008, 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 6:16 am

Aegius wrote:
Space wrote:
lots of NT males don't fit into the masculine stereotype either. That's just people, we are all different.

Richard Simmons comes to mind. Very strong social skills, yet very effeminate.

You say HE has strong social skills!?!?!? WOW! Frankly, I ALWAYS viewed him as an irritating kook. The ONLY ones that seem to like him are some women(because he tries to flatter and attract them as they are his main demographic for business), and MAYBE homosexuals. Others sometimes use his persona as a JOKE!

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 12:31 pm

scumsuckingdouchebag wrote:
-do not go through any effort to get 'normal' people to perceive me as 'not gay' (I'm not gay, but someone who is basically asexual)

Except for the asexual part, I am exactly the same way. I don't care if anyone thinks I'm gay, I know I'm not and I'm secure enough in it that I don't need to reassure myself or anyone else of it. I have some friends that are gay, though I've seen them (or any of my friends for that matter) since high school.

kleodimus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 4:53 pm

agreed im not into sports but im into gettin wasted

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 5:05 pm

I have my own form of machismo. I call it, "I'm going to act like however much of a fagboy I want because I'm 6'2" and built like a superhero, so haha!" I'm kidding. I've always considered myself sexually uncharacterized, and I'm not really built like a superhero.

The observation is a sound one. The testosterone theory is a little stupid, actually. There are some things to which it can be attributed, but our cock-rate is probably more or less the same as the cock-rate of non-Aspies.

CrushedPentagon
Raven
Raven

01 Mar 2008, 12:16 am

Pithlet wrote:
It may be true for female aspies too. At least it is for me. I stongly believe that masculine and feminine stereotypes are more sociological than biological. Since aspies are naturally a little bit harder to socialize, wouldn't it make sence that we'd be a little bit more androgynous in personality than most? I'm not discounting the fact that many NTs also march to their own beat, but to me it seems like exaggerated gender roles serve a very social purpose. The average aspie is less concerned (or aware) about social impressions and roles, so there could very well be proportionately more aspies who don't fit in with gender stereotypes.

I'm with you on this. I've never fit into gender sterotypes, either the ones that are easy to do if I wanted, like wearing makeup, or thinking in a "typical" female way. I would agree that I am less concerned and less aware of how I would need to be to fit other people's expectations.

Physically, there may be only two types of people, but otherwise, there are at least 3.

And all you guys all sound really cool to me. If we ever had a meetup, I hope the people in this group are in it!