Found out my crush's in relationship already

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Kliffhanger
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Mar 2008, 2:40 pm

It's just one crush within others, I know. I should not really care about it, but I just feel being left without even being in relationship with her. She's been my hanging in same circles with me for years, but like never, I couldn't get started with deeper relationship. I've tried not to think about the whole thing, doing stuff I like the most, but just can't really help about it. I feel uneasy near her, and it feels stupid because there ain't any real reason!
Any advice how I could just accept it and move on? It's all I've been wanting for some time.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 2:41 pm

Meet new women :)

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 2:43 pm

Kalister1 wrote:

Yep, that's the only solution I can offer. What you don't want to do is end up thinking about her more

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 3:13 pm

I have the same issue. Virtually everyone with the same interests is already in a relationship.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 3:15 pm

I also think that you should meet new women.

the_incident
Raven
Raven

11 Mar 2008, 4:28 pm

Hector wrote:
Kalister1 wrote:

Yep, that's the only solution I can offer. What you don't want to do is end up thinking about her more

True that.

The tricky part about meeting women is trying not to appear desperate when you are, so don't overdo it.

Rack
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Mar 2008, 6:20 pm

I've been through this a lot. I've found only two things to work and you don't want to try the second. The first is to make a clean break, distance yourself as much as possible. Don't try to stop thinking about her, that's just like trying to not think of an elephant. Just make a break and let it fade naturally.

The second method (in case you're wondering) is to let it develop into a situation so pressuring that you have a blackout while sober and have to piece together what happened afterwards. It's an instant cure but really not worth it.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 6:27 pm

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. Meet new women.

LeonKrahe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Mar 2008, 12:36 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I have the same issue. Virtually everyone with the same interests is already in a relationship.

Same also. It didn't help that my current kinda-crush somehow for 3 weeks after we arranged a day trip together after meeting, neglected to mention that she had a boyfriend. Wasn't until the day before the trip she called and asked "Can my boyfriend come too?" Wasn't just some schmuck she'd just met either, they'd been together for 3 (now 4) years! I probably still wouldn't have some feelings for her to this day if it weren't for all that time I had to get my hopes up before she finally mentioned being taken. >_< We're still friends though which is cool, but she still is the only girl I ever met who I was 100% convinced that liked me... and then turned out being wrong. Everyone who meets her for the first time and sees us together swears she likes me too. Don't get stuck in my situation where you know you've gotta back off and get over her but all your friends keep telling you to keep believing that something is there because their NT senses somehow know better.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 3:39 pm

Kliffhanger wrote:
Any advice how I could just accept it and move on? It's all I've been wanting for some time.

There is no magic formula for getting over someone. There just isn't. But take her being taken as closure and try and focus on something else.

Randy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 4:46 pm

Yep meet new woman