God Damn America - that's what Obama's pastor preached

Page 5 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

BesideYouInTime
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2008, 4:20 pm

Johnnie wrote:
The though of going down the road minding your own business and some car load of kids doing something stupid and dying under your wheels will make you think about sitting in a court room in Bugtussle and the all local jury trying your butt. It's just a flip from being a black guy and getting tried by an all white jury for killing a white person.

you will learn why people complain about getting stopped for driving while black when you get stopped for driving while trucking, didn't do nothing but the local rolling revenue ranger has you profiled and is going to check you out.

I think your train has run off the tracks if you think truckers face as much discrimination as black people.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 4:22 pm

i want a president that has no pastor, no holy book, and no god to answer to.

is that so hard? i mean they'd be able to best accommodate everyone because they have the best perspective: the one untainted from personal religious convictions.

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 2:42 pm

zendell wrote:
"Sen. Barack Obama's pastor says blacks should not sing "God Bless America" but "God damn America."

An ABC News review of dozens of Rev. Wright's sermons, offered for sale by the church, found repeated denunciations of the U.S. based on what he described as his reading of the Gospels and the treatment of black Americans.

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people," he said in a 2003 sermon.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4443788&page=1

I'm shocked. 8O The article states this guy has been Obama's pastor for 20 years. I'm not sure I want a president who listens to stuff like that.

On a side note, why does his pastor think that building bigger prisons and increasing prison sentences for third-time offenders is anti-black?. What does being tough on criminals have to do with black people? I know it can't be that blacks commit more crimes because I was told it was racist to think that.

Have you ever seen Obama at his church? He pretty much just completely spaces out the whole time and occasionally looks around like "what am I doing here"
I wouldn't be to worried about it.

BesideYouInTime
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Apr 2008, 2:49 pm

MartyMoose wrote:
Have you ever seen Obama at his church? He pretty much just completely spaces out the whole time and occasionally looks around like "what am I doing here"

Supposedly he said in one his books he's something of a skeptic. Can't be too big of a skeptic if he's a Christian, but still.

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 2:55 pm

BesideYouInTime wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:

Supposedly he said in one his books he's something of a skeptic. Can't be too big of a skeptic if he's a Christian, but still.

He's prolly agnostic or deist or something but pretends he's christian for political reasons.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 3:05 pm

A politician being less than completely honest about what he really thinks? No! :wink:

- Emerson

monty
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 3:05 pm

Johnnie wrote:
go drive a truck and you will learn what discrimination is, yes even your white butt will find out what it's like to be a second class citizen in fear of the law and not wanted around.

NO TRUCK PARKING

will give you a little taste of what it's like to not be wanted around. I translates into WE DON"T WANT YOUR TYPE AROUND HERE.

What about the poor persecuted skaters? Sign, Sign, every where a sign. I am going to fight the man and put a bumper sticker that says "Skate Boarding is Not a Crime" on my Prius. And driving a truck is not a crime, either.

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 3:09 pm

MrMark wrote:
A politician being less than completely honest about what he really thinks? No! :wink:
Abraham Lincoln gave racist speeches just to get elected even though in his letters and private writings long before he was president, he stated his demand for racial equality.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 4:12 pm

MartyMoose wrote:
MrMark wrote:
Abraham Lincoln gave racist speeches just to get elected even though in his letters and private writings long before he was president, he stated his demand for racial equality.

NO! :wink:

- Emerson

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 4:14 pm

skafather84 wrote:
i want a president that has no pastor, no holy book, and no god to answer to.

is that so hard? i mean they'd be able to best accommodate everyone because they have the best perspective: the one untainted from personal religious convictions.

Jefferson was Actually Deist

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 4:42 pm

Jefferson wrote something, not published in his time, called "The Jefferson Bible." It's basically the Gospels, stripped of all the mystical & magical stuff, walking on water, water to wine, etc.

- Emerson

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 4:49 pm

MrMark wrote:
Jefferson wrote something, not published in his time, called "The Jefferson Bible." It's basically the Gospels, stripped of all the mystical & magical stuff, walking on water, water to wine, etc.

He also owned a Koran

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 4:50 pm

MartyMoose wrote:
MrMark wrote:

If only we could have a President as "bad" as Lincoln. :|

monty
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 5:28 pm

MartyMoose wrote:
MrMark wrote:

He also owned a Koran

Which means only that he purchased an assemblage of inked paper. I should think that in these times, all candidates for POTUS should display a basic knowledge of world geography, religion and politics. Which means reading things that are important to other groups.

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 5:44 pm

monty wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:
MrMark wrote:

He also owned a Koran

Which means only that he purchased an assemblage of inked paper. I should think that in these times, all candidates for POTUS should display a basic knowledge of world geography, religion and politics. Which means reading things that are important to other groups.

No he read it too and critiqued it.