Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 12:00 am

There was a thread about facts about your father,and I thought it was only fair to have one about your mother.
I will go first.
1. She is the oldest of two sisters.
2. Has been a CNA,and worked at Disney.
3. Lives with my sister.(I believe they both might be AS?)
4.Does not understand why I moved away from her.( I saw no way to make a living where I was, and moved to my father's)
5. Does not know that I have AS.(We are not on speaking terms,for she claims I abandoned her. See #4)

Elspeth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Location: PA, United States, Northern Hemisphere, Planet Earth, Alpha Quadrant

15 Mar 2008, 12:40 am

Prelude,
If it's not too personal, may I ask how old you were when you moved out and were diasgnosed with AS? Just curious, if you don't mind. But if you do mind, please ignore this post.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 1:15 am

My mom was the oldest of five(Two girls, three boys). And is currently one of the three remaining alive(Her sister and youngest brother have died). She was raised on a farm, their main crop was tobacco, until the government started paying them to not grow any.

She's been married three times. My dad was her second husband. She only had us four kids. She is currently living with her boyfriend.

She was a stay at home mother until we came back to the States after dad was discharged. She has some kind of certificate, not a college degree, but with her experience and good work she has been given raises she wouldn't normally get without one. She does balance checking or some kind of accountant type stuff for a bank or mortgage company.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 1:37 am

Elspeth it is not too personel. I left my mother at 19. I was DX at 37.

15 Mar 2008, 4:24 am

My mother:

Was the third child in the family

Was jealous of her baby sister because now she got all the attention instead of her. Then her other sister was born and she got all the attention and Karen didn't so Mom felt bad for her.

Remembers going to Niagra Falls when she was 2 1/2 and she gets separated from her family and she gets scared and her dad gets mad at her and yells "Mouse get over here." Mom also remembers how miserable she felt during the tour because the boots were big and so was the coat and hat and she could hardly see.

Didn't want kids when she was a kid because they were lot of work but then she changed her mind when she was an adult.

She was engaged once before she met my dad.

Had to work on her anger she got from her father because she didn't like how she was treated by him so she didn't want to do the same to her kids. She would lose her temper and start hitting me when I do something that got her mad.

She raised my brothers and I most of the time. She was more firm, and did more punishments, and worked with me. My dad was easy going, zoned out in his work, but he was firm too but not as much as my mother.

She have conversations with my brothers and I about stuff like about life and why some kids are mean and when my little brother learned the N word for black people, he asked her about it and she explained the word to him and told him it was a very nasty word and it's worse than the 'f' word and not to ever use it or repeat it. She also talk to us about our problems or when me make a mistake.

Scytale
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2008, 9:58 am

My mom was an only child and the 2nd of 3 generations of cosmetologists in my family. My maternal grandmother, mother and sister are all in the hairstyling business. When I was very young, my mom worked in my grandma's home-based salon while my grandpa babysat me in the main house. Later on, she started her own salon, which my sister has since taken-over (though my mom still works there part-time). Even my grandma still does it on a limited basis out of her house--still professionally licensed well into her 80's. [Gotta respect that. :salut: ] It's as much a social thing for her as extra income. Her clients are some of her closest friends and won't let anyone else touch their hair (for 50+ years running).

My mom's also a great shot with a rifle. She learned from my grandpa at an early age. She can often outshoot my dad (who himself qualified as a marksman during his stint in the Army National Guard).

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Mar 2008, 12:04 pm

Mom's mother was from Brittany. Mom cooked like a French chef, and we thought that was ordinary everyday cooking. Mom spoke English and French like a native. Mom remembered her father taking her to the celebrations when WWI (One!) ended. Mom understood people because she listened whole-heartedly - she accepted people "as is." I miss Mom.

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 12:44 pm

She once attacked and chased away a teenager who was making fun of me.

Elspeth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Location: PA, United States, Northern Hemisphere, Planet Earth, Alpha Quadrant

16 Mar 2008, 11:18 pm

Prelude - Thanks for answering. Sounds like taht must've been tough to deal with between those years?

on the subject line -
1. Divorced when I was 4, with three kids - one ADHD, and twins, one an NT and the other (myself) HFA, and moved back home.
2. Always worked, and coached little league softball. She was a great softball player when she was in school. We got alot of help from my grandparents, who I was extremely close to.
3. Diagnosed with depression not long after moving out of her parents' house at 40. Died when she was 44, my senior year of high school. My sister and I found out a few years after that she blamed herself for how quiet and shy I was. (I didn't get diagnosed with HFA til I was 30.)