Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 7:51 am

I finally got another job. Very quikly to I might add. A cashier who worked in a garage, who had a history of no shows, suddenly quit. My mother heard about it and gave the manager of the garage my aplication. I got hired, and like the job very much so far. Naturaly it has a couple things that annoy me. The things that annoy me about it, is not knowing what to do in a certain situation, and messing up on anything.

Then I think about what I like about it. I consider myself lucky in a way. First off, there are no fellow employees breathing down my back every minute for small talk. I work alone, and just take tickets from people who park in the garage. I can wiggle my leg all I want. No one will come over and be annoying about it or say "Why are you doing that?" "Hurry up and pay attention." annoying things from people who would be ignorant of my pattern of focus.

I like this job so far. I want to keep this job, and don't want to loose it to yet another unfortunate cursumstance that's beyond my control. No not again, for the fourth or fifth time.

Morrissey
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Mar 2008, 8:09 am

Good for you! i'm still looking for jobs, the right kind. Cashiers sound like a good idea, like you say, as the job is self-motivated and independent then that's a big help.

I'm looking at doing an online IT job but I don't know which kind of IT job, preferably the one with most independence i'll have a crack at!...lol

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 8:41 am

congrats :)

Hope it continues until YOU chose to end it this time.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 9:11 am

Congratulations, and good luck ! !

(Sounds like an interesting sort of job)

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 1:09 pm

Just got the call back ! !

I'm officially employed again ! !!

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 1:18 pm

Thanks everyone

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 1:23 pm

Whoa.. two jobs in one thread... congratulations to both of you LiendaBalla and Prof_Pretorius!

Lienda,

Do you have to smell car exhaust all day?
I have seen some garages where the cashier window is inside the main garage area... I would think it might smell a bit around there.

DuceXcreW
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Mar 2008, 10:13 pm

Congratulations on the job, I'm pleased that you were able to locate and attain a job where you can be alone :) In no time at all you'll find a way to streamline the process to as little wasted motions and words as possible :)