She refers to me as darling...

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 1:57 pm

I used to call everyone darling too because when my ME was really bad I couldn't remember anyone's names. I think a few people misunderstood it and I rarely do it now, I grew out of it when my memory improved.

Daewoodrow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Apr 2008, 7:17 pm

In my experience, alot of NT women are naturally flirty with men. That's why most men don't respond to flirting, not because they don't get it, but because they don't know how to separate genuine flirting from normal flirting.
I consider loving names to be a big deal, as I do physical contact. I'm in university now, so i'm used to it. But this first few times women kissed me on the cheek as a friendly gesture I was transfixed for hours. Then when women say things to me like "I have to love you and leave you" when leaving, or hug me, or call me "sweetheart", it always threw me off. Every so often I hear a new one.

One girl asked me if I worked out, called me handsome, asked me if I dated girls or her nationality, even asked if I had a girlfriend, so I asked her out, she said "i'm not really ready for a relationship, let's just be friends"

I'm afraid to say, that unless she's really forward, you'll never know for sure a woman is interested. They don't have to be forthcoming because that's sort of considered the man's "job". We take the risks with very little intel.

If you want to know if she likes you, invite her out for a cup of coffee to get to know her better. If she asks if it's a date, say "yes". If she doesn't, assume she knows it is.

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

09 Apr 2008, 9:30 am

A Tattoo artist that I have known for about 13 years calls me that on occasion. Since she divorced her husband a few years back she turned Lesbian and now rides with Dykes on Bikes MC so I don't read anything into it.

Rubygold
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Apr 2008, 4:16 pm

Well, it seems to me that she's sending you signals that she's interested. However, you're in the UK and I'm in California, so these signals do differ by region. It's my understanding, though, that people in the UK don't tend to be as outwardly physically affectionate as do many in the U.S. - Yes that's a overly general statement.

Before we went out, my AS fiance would ask women out all the time and be flatly rejected. When he related to me the details of asking them out, I realized why he was so frequently turned down. He came on way too strong, would ask them to dinner or an obvious date- even women he hardly knew.

In the So. Cal region, I've noticed that most women want to ease into these things. The big signal here is "Do you want to go get some coffee after class?" Or whatever. Then, if things get weird, the woman doesn't feel stuck with the guy for the whole night. It's a low commitment date.

This was just my NT two cents worth. Hope it works out for you.

crimebabe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 4:14 am

Jamie06 wrote:
I've been called hun, darling etc alot, soo confusing. If you feel you like her and think she may like you then build up to it slowly.

hey jamie its lauren under a new account name
how you doing? i will pm you later

im a girl by the way and i call people huni, darlin, babe etc but only the ones i have soft spots for. So chances are she may well like you more than a friend
as for acting on this invite her out so its just the two of you and i know this seems cliche but take her to the movies and slowly get closer to her
that way she has a chance to move away slightly if she wants to or she could lean in

that way no embrassment