Page 7 of 9 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 10:39 pm

starlighter wrote:
i'm spanihs(spain) as far i knovv.
but i discovered my first surname comes from the jevv or hebrevv, so ..
that's from paternal side, and then from maternal side my heritage it can be related somehovv vvith the ancestry colonization of the british on the 18th century on the spanish island i vvas bornt, so ..
summary , mainly i'm spanihs(spain). parents and grandparents vvere all bornt here, but vvith hebrevv and british blood maybe ... :)

WOW! Is the W key broken on your keyboard?!?!?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 10:56 pm

British
French

srriv345
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 11:22 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
NOT a very good sign! Redhair is NOT a semetic trait. Of course, the Jewish people WERE, for much of their existence, NOMADS, and ORIGINALLY "evangelists". Don't believe me? Read exodus, etc... There are LOTS of books where they do evangelistic things. AND, though they were told NOT to, they intermarried.

A good example of "telltale" that ISN'T telltale is american immigrants to the US(and probably other places) that spoke farsi, or had some other iranian trait, around 1979. They were almost ALL JEWISH! That is NOT to say that Iran is a jewish country. It ISN'T! But they were shoved out. Likewise, yiddish sounds almost like platt deutsch to some degree.

I agree that the whole intermarriage thing sort of makes this whole exercise pointless. This assumes that there was ever a time of "true racial purity", and there was not. Your example of Jewish people kind of proves the point, since many different ethnicities exist within the category. I'd guess that those Iranian Jews would probably identify as Mizrahim or Sephardim, not Ashkenazi.

Not in response to anyone in particular, but I'd also point out that socio-economic status can influence whether someone gets diagnosed with AS or not, especially when there are so many inequities in educational resources. Autism is not exclusively a "Caucasian" thing; in fact "Caucasion" is a pretty bogus term. People in Europe often use it to refer to people from a very specific region, not all of Europe.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 2:31 am

Darn! Wish I knew!

Puertorican and that's all I know...

(I asked my grandfather years ago because everyone in the US kept telling me I didn't look puertorican...poor thing, as I kept mentioning his mother, grandmother, etc...he just kept saying "puertorican as far as I know..." hehe by the way, all those puertoricans in his family, as well as my dad's side of the family are white/blonde hair or light colored hair/blue eyes...have a feeling there's more to that story...)

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 2:32 am

If autism, or asperger's, or both, are actually genetic in origin, like most everybody believes, it wouldn't be surprising if they differed in frequency between different human populations.

There are a lot of confusing factors, like invasions, and intermarriages, and access to mental health industry scoundrels, fools, and charlatans, but nonetheless, I think it's an interesting question.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

TheLadyMary
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Apr 2008, 2:34 am

Irish, Scots, German, French, English, Italian...

I look Irish though.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 2:45 am

For what it's worth, I found that there is a huge number of kids with autism in Puerto Rico...

Also, just last week there was an article in the paper about the huge number of people who are of Jewish decent...and don't know it...so...there you go, for what it's worth...Most of the kids I met, sure did look very similar to me...

And contrary to popular belief, there is a very large number of the population here who is not of either Taino Indian or African decent...lots of portuguese, spanish, jewish, irish, etc...many, many strange last names here...hehe

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 9:15 am

mums side:
Afro Caribbean
Indo Caribbean
Arawak/Carib
Iberian

Dads side:
Cherokee
Chicano
Anglo American

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 9:28 am

srriv345 wrote:
Not in response to anyone in particular, but I'd also point out that socio-economic status can influence whether someone gets diagnosed with AS or not, especially when there are so many inequities in educational resources. Autism is not exclusively a "Caucasian" thing; in fact "Caucasion" is a pretty bogus term. People in Europe often use it to refer to people from a very specific region, not all of Europe.

I don't know where the term negroid came from, though negro is a VERY old term referring to the color black. mongoloid refers to the fact that those people were first found in mongolia. Caucasion refers to the fact that caucasions were first discovered in the caucasus mountain range sometimes called caucasia. I guess even blacks(Sorry, that is the only term that can describe them in this context :? ) from there COULD be called caucasion. :lol:

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 4:24 pm

the term Negroid applies to certain cranial or facial structures found in certain african peoples

although it is not applied to all "black" people as some have distinctly "Caucasoid" features and others "Mongoloid" features.

Ethiopian with so called "Caucasoid features" -

Khoisan with so called "Mongoloid features" -

it should be noted that other people native to areas outside of Africa have so called Negroid cranial features including some Europeans, basically its just another flawed attempt to organise the human species into further categories.

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 10:23 pm

i am half Greek romaniote
a quarter Czech
a quater Austrian

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 2:04 pm

pluto wrote:
Scottish with an English grandfather and
ancestors that also include
Irish
Anglo-Indian
Norman

what is norman?

Alexey
Raven
Raven

16 Apr 2008, 2:31 pm

I'm Russian, but grandfather from the side of mom was Estonian.

Jennyfoo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Apr 2008, 4:11 pm

1/16 Swedish
1/16 Dutch
1/8 German
the rest is a mix of Irish, British, and French

yourlocalcynic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Apr 2008, 4:29 pm

Mostly cajun French, some Native American, bit of German.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 8:26 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
pluto wrote:
Scottish with an English grandfather and
ancestors that also include
Irish
Anglo-Indian
Norman

what is norman?