Eligible Odd-Bods! - The Premier Aspergian Singles List

Page 224 of 239 [ 3819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227 ... 239  Next

cuiiacetoarsenite
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jul 2017, 3:44 pm

Figured I'd give this thing a try :)

I'm an early 30-something male physicist, from a hand-shaped US state, near the area where transportation devices are made. Tall-ish, look young for my age, in decent shape but not to the point of having a visible six pack (it's gotta be in there somewhere!)

I like obscure hobby projects, outdoor adventures and road trips. Hobbies include fireworks, hiking, mountain biking, gardening, and not getting bitten by ticks. Seeking a lady who wants to join me on at least some of those adventures! And who might have some unique adventures of her own as well.

I once posted a Craigslist ad called "Awkward guy for awkward girl"
...OK, possibly more that once...

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 4:14 am

I'm 29, single, female, straight, cisgender, Canadian (in Montreal), mother of a son who's 8 and in Texas with his dad. I'm diagnosed with 9 psych disorders, can you handle me??? I dunno if ANY of it is accurate anymore, though. I'm on Celexa for depression. I'm TOTALLY AGAINST labeling. I'm part of the Icarus Project mad pride/ psych survivors movement. I'm writing and almost done a book about my life and opinons and autism, and a fiction book about a bipolar girl who ends up on death row in Texas. I LOVE creative writing, disasters, autism talk, mental disorder talk, controversy talk that doesn't require extensive knowledge of politics, philosophy and Unitarian Universalism. Someone PM me, I want some company!! I like energetic, enthusiastic, loving people!!

tahwwhat
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jul 2017, 3:42 am

I'm a 26 year old lesbian female currently living in Arizona, seeking another lesbian aspie, or sympathetic neurotypical.

I'm fairly average looking, decently cute, androgynous in dress and general appearance, and athletic when I work out enough. I'm slim, small, and I have a somewhat boyish build, and I'm generally physically stronger than other women my size.

My interests include sci-fi, drawing, writing (specifically my illustrated sci-fi novel project), philosophy, metaphysics, buddhism, science (particularly genetics and space), psychology, and jewelry (I work as a professional jeweler). I also like watching netflix shows and reading books, of course. I enjoy electronica the most when it comes to music.

In a partner, shared interests and physical appearance are not necessarily important to me. What matters most to me is personality: I'm looking for a girl who's honest and straightforward, kind, non-judgmental, and is able to accommodate my needs for more alone time to recharge and pursue my special interests. I may often need to sleep alone in my own bed, and have a separate room to retreat to for hours of solitude if I'm worn out. I'm not interested in someone who is mean, controlling, emotionally manipulative, or unwilling to compromise when it comes to personal and emotional needs.

In terms of my own personality, I'm very honest (often to a fault), blunt but kind, forward, open, and empathetic. I tend to be very forgiving, especially towards people who are genuinely well-meaning. I have a very broad sense of humor, I tend to cuss a lot, and pretty much the only thing that offends me is meanness. Sharing food and possessions with trusted friends and family, as well as providing emotional support, are activities that I find extremely fulfilling. I care a great deal about others, and have a strong desire to meet the emotional needs of my friends, family, and romantic partners, as long as they are willing to respect my own needs as well. I do enjoy some social interaction, and consider myself somewhere between introverted and extroverted. My political leanings are moderate, but generally liberal. I don't care much about social status or putting on a show to impress others, and as such, have little interest in fashion or makeup.

If I sound like your type of girl, feel free to message me! :)

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jul 2017, 6:39 am

i'm 25 Years Old.i live in the Bronx,NY,USA.

i'm looking for a woman who has aspergers like myself and lives in new york who has similar traits:eating bizarre things,having vivid dreams,being long-winded and laughing inappropriately

Interests:watching the local news,using martial arts & mixed martial arts to combat the oppression of aspergers people,playing the kazoo)

whatever aspergers woman that is chubby that i end up with,i will love for who she is through treating her good the way her family & friends want her being treated.

if that's your kind of man,give me a call :D :D :D :D :D :D :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 7:12 pm

JaredGTALover wrote:

i'm looking for a woman who has aspergers like myself and lives in new york who has similar traits:eating bizarre things,having vivid dreams,being long-winded and laughing inappropriately

Interests:watching the local news,using martial arts & mixed martial arts to combat the oppression of aspergers people,playing the kazoo)

whatever aspergers woman that is chubby that i end up with,i will love for who she is through treating her good the way her family & friends want her being treated.

if that's your kind of man,give me a call :D :D :D :D :D :D :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm exactly like this, chubby and all, but I don't live in NY. I'm 29, but that's only 4 years. I live in Montreal... pretty close. Tell me more about yourself... I posted a lot about myself in the threads in this forum... but ask me some questions if you want. As many as you want!

ASNerd
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jul 2017, 9:04 pm

Gender and orientation: Female and straight
Age: 16 but I like dating people who are more mature than people my age so someone around the age of 16-18 would be good.
Interests: science (chemistry and medical stuff particularly neurology and psychiatry), US constitutional law, sometimes politics, baseball and hip hop music. I also like to watch TV. I also like to read.
Religion: Atheist
What I'm Looking For: someone who's kind, interesting to talk to and honest. Ideally they would also share some of my interests and live close to my home state or in my home state (Rhode Island). If it's long distance that's ok too.

PM me if you're interested!

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 7:07 pm

Hey Y'all; Oh, how about I begin with the interests. User name gives some of them. Yes, kites. Haven't made one, have paid other people to do that but I enjoy flying them. Am still a bit Charlie Brown-ish with the 2 string stunt kites but I keep trying :) In a sort of word irony I find flying a very grounding experience: being out in nature under the sky.
Model trains are a hobby, are are model rockets. Am in a model RR club in our little midwest county seat farm burg; though small we have fun.

That brings to mind that though living in midwest I was born in southwest desert and raised in southeast woodlands and shores.

Have a pair of rescue orange tabbys who add much to life, they are appreciated. Could happily for an hour tell stories of a childhood beagle then a collie. (the junior tabby is right here "helping" me type)

Books, books are good. These days I mostly get, new or used, non-fiction relevant to my interests or useful for reference for a sci-fi story slowly being written.
Also have done some drawings and miniatures for it. I go back and forth between wanting to eventually try to publish it or not.

I occasionally play at writing (and rewriting) (and editing) my story for a couple months at several year intervals. Been working on it a lot this year. Original is on yellowing loose-leaf paper going back to late 1970s. Story has its genesis from when in high school library reading a book of Star Trek short stories where one began with Enterprise encountering an alien ship of which it was said "the ship was beautiful".
Hmm, what would a 'beautiful' ship coming from my own being look like? A couple weeks later I had a style. Okay, there's a ship; it needs people and the people need a story. I feel kind of guilty for how mean I was to those people when beginning the story but it is their experience with that which makes the story.

Here's my recent comment on a thread about writing non-autistic characters,
"I haven't intended for any character to be autistic at all and so far my NT friends who have read some or all of it, about 8 people, have not said they thought any character to be autistic.
And in what totally bashes a stereotype of we on the spectrum a couple of them have said that I write dialogue, and emotional scenes, very well - well enough to make a couple readers cry.
I am unable to describe to anyone, even myself, how to do it; 'it' being to write non-autistic characters."

Though I like sci-fi, some of the variable effects of this stuff (autism) require that I avoid TV and movies, therefore there is no TV set in my home and a partner who goes without TV is necessary.

Guess that is a good segue to this from the beginning post of this thread,

Quote:
The ability to identify traits you would value in a prospective partner [boyfriend/girlfriend]is a definite.

Though it is a known thing that touch is often overwhelming among us, I need touch, contact, hugs, snuggles, that skin to skin connection.

A woman who can live a calm and quiet life would be appreciated. That she would have hobbies and interests for me to admire and appreciate and encourage would be nice.

Connecting to books and sci-fi, I do not want the energy of books about horror and murder in my house.

Faith is important, we need to be on the same page there: relationships are already hard enough work when you are the same faith and using the same guidelines for living, setting priorities, and making decisions.

Climate control - there is much relationship friction over air conditioner and furnace settings. I get cold fast. Often in summer I have the ac on 80F. Winter in the US midwest would cost too much to run furnace at that level so I add layers and pray for summer. If at all tolerable I like to have windows open and feel more connected to the world and life. You might guess that spring, summer, and fall, are my favorite seasons, in that order as it happens.

I've been around longer than it seems possible, 50 years, and often think things like "What, the eighties were that long ago? You're lying!". :lol: Having had no children has spared me a lot of wrinkles and grey hair. My 70 year old parents, however ...

Was married for 5 years after 2005 and I'm nervous about saying it but I need to say this which came out of that - I have concern about having a partner who is too heavy for me to move by myself if she became unconscious or immobile in a dangerous situation such as a fire or flood. That worries me deeply.

chortler
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Aug 2017, 1:59 am

30, male, straight.

Into books, music, film, honest people. I'll even talk about (local) politics.

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

07 Aug 2017, 2:51 pm

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
JaredGTALover wrote:

I'm exactly like this, chubby and all, but I don't live in NY. I'm 29, but that's only 4 years. I live in Montreal... pretty close. Tell me more about yourself... I posted a lot about myself in the threads in this forum... but ask me some questions if you want. As many as you want!

i was diagnosed with aspergers at age 3,4 or 5 and i'm focusing on female aspies :heart: :heart: :heart: because guys with it (myself included) :x :x :x :x :x :x :x are less likely to find an nt woman or girl who can love them for who they are,regardless of their aspergers,because of their negative perception of them,based on how severely awkward they appear to them :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

AspirationElf
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2017, 11:09 am

Might as well give this a shot. Looking for friends really, as I've been in a mentally and physically abusive relationship, so I'm still quite hesitant to trust anyone easily. So here it goes:

Height: 5'11"
Ethnicity: Chinese
Body Type: Average
Diagnoses: Asperger's, ADHD, Depression, Anxiety
Interests: Music, TV, hiking, nature
No kids & Never married

Feel free to PM me if interested, even if just for friends.

Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2017, 2:34 am

Tried this about 8 years ago I think, but my past few years of going on dates with NTs isn't working out for me.

Good/normal things about me: 27, bisexual, short and small don't know exact measurements, Caucasian, rural Australia. I'm a chemist in a processing facility, play in a band, involved in local theatre, ride motorbikes. Science, music and art are my passions and all my special interests come from these.

Bad things: Intense personality, lone wolf, terrible at making any connections with people other than acquaintances, sensory problems, problems with depression and anxiety, just generally problematic.

Interested in friends or a potential partner. PM if you want to know more.

Cad

poker_face
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Aug 2017, 9:50 am

I am not sure how to attach a photo if you like what you read please PM me and I will send you a few photos. I am in shape and have shoulder length brown hair and brown eyes. I have no children but am looking to start a family. Work wise: I am in the process of setting up my own business and I teach English online.

I love:

Keeping fit, reading and going to various events in London with friends.

I am hugely into music (playing the flute and listening to music), I have the most eclectic music collection of anyone I know. I'd love to meet someone who is as up for trying out new things as I am. If there's something interesting you fancy giving a go...let me know and I might just be up for it!

On holiday I love to tie in exploring, with great food and language practice. I am not a stay by the pool person, I like to mix it up a bit (e.g. outdoor hikes and galleries).

I am not a morning person, but as Oscar Wilde said that makes me more interesting than someone who is. I also love dogs and used to own a jack Russell. Ask me about the time he was nearly kidnapped!

Who I am looking for:
I don't have a huge list, I think that if a person is right for you then you just know it. However I think that chemistry and someone who likes to give back to the community are important.

If you like what you read then do send me a message. I much prefer getting to know someone face to face rather than spending days chatting on here.....so let's skip the chat and let's just see if we are a good match :)

The person needs to live in the London area and they should be around 30-40 years old.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2017, 6:31 pm

I'll be honest. I'm overly intelligent & spend all of my time thinking of how I can be nice to my SO. And like every other man, I am spurned constantly, and increasingly believe that women are monsters spawned to test us.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

27 Aug 2017, 9:27 pm

Username: equestriatola
Sexuality: Straight as can be.
Location: Seattle area, but hoping for Los Angeles (someday...)
Religion: Agnostic.
Politics: Anyone that cares about people with disabilities and doesn't let religion get in the way of their decisions
Philosophy: "Never give up on your dream, no matter what your age."
Obsessions/Interests: Retro gaming (NES, SNES, N64, those things), 1970s/80s/90s things (music, especially), anime/manga, sports, game shows, comedy, computers
Ideals in a partner: Caring, understanding about who I am, and someone who's nice overall.
About me: I am 30, and taking IT classes, as I am the kind of person who's finally found what his calling is; I love a lot of things (which you can see in the obsessions/interests thing), and am a very upbeat person, and all I want to do is be a beacon of hope in spite of how the world can be sometimes. It's really who I am. :D

http://imgur.com/a/QcrnC - This link is a pic of me.
----
I am posting here again because I first posted here five years ago, and now it's time to update it to reflect myself as of right now.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

torch_
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Aug 2017, 8:33 am

I'm (trans) male, 26, from South East England. He/him. I'm genderfluid but I present mostly just as a simple guy. I have had chest surgery. I don't plan on having any other surgeries. Bi/Pan/Queer. I live alone with no pets (but I'd love to have a dog if I could). I'm a college student still trying to get my GCSEs and the likes as I failed them at school 10 years ago. I'm disabled/chronically ill so I don't work. I'm sex/BDSM-positive and 420/drug-positive. I enjoy affection/cuddling/romance, but also enjoy my space. A good balance, not too much, but not too little! I am left wing, but I am not an extremist. I am monogamous. I don't really like kids and I don't plan on having kids.

I'm always wearing black as I'm alternative/punk/goth. I like tattoos and piercings. I have short ginger hair and I wear glasses. I don't have any facial hair yet but I hopefully will one day! I'm an average weight, but I'm in the middle of losing some more weight (hopefully).

I like anime, video games, cosplay, conventions, music, languages, linguistics, sci fi shows like Orphan Black and Star Trek, cartoons like Steven Universe, parapara dancing, dogs, memes, plushies, and all sorts of other nerdy stuff (I'm not a movie nerd or comic nerd but I like some Netflix series and movies based off of comic book characters). I want to take up knitting/crocheting some day.

My music tastes vary. I can like anything from heavy metal, to classical, and hardstyle and hardcore, to 90s and 00s pop.

What I'm looking for in a mate:
- Possibly bi/pan/queer or has no preference over genitals and other body parts
- Monogamous
- Age 21-35
- Nerdy (into anime, video games and conventions and the likes hopefully)
- Sex/BDSM-positive (I don't mean hypersexual. I mean educated and positive views about sex, sexual health and BDSM.)
- 420 positive even if you don't like consuming it yourself
- Lives within Europe
- Likes cuddles/affection/romance and gives it just as much as receiving
- Doesn't want children

Anybody outside of Europe would be a bit of a waste of time as I don't plan to travel that far.

I'll send a photo if we get talking and hit it off well. I don't post my face publicly on forums like this.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Oct 2017, 7:55 am

This is kind of a more "test the waters" type deal. If I someone was interested, I'd prefer them to be in the continental US (preferably the South or Midwest, just due to location). I'd like to talk a little bit before feeling comfortable doing things like Skype or whatever. I REALLY like guys who aren't afraid to take initiative. So don't be shy if I am interesting to you: I'm not going to be mean or anything!

Anyhow, onto my description!

Looks (and stuff): I'm 23-year-old straight female. I'm about 5'6, or 5'7 when not really slouching. I'm a "big" girl over 200 pounds, probably at 230 or so, but I'm trying to lose weight since I was skinny back in high school. My eyes are green/blue and I have long brownish-blond hair. I'm told a lot that I have a pretty face, but I don't necessarily believe that. I have Asperger's, Anxiety, Depression, and PTSD (but being treated for it).

My personality: I'm an eccentric and equally eclectic individual. I'm an empath and can pick up on the emotions around me very easily. I've got a quirky sense of humor, and I think I'm fairly creative. I'm as silly as the day is long! I'm very intelligent, too (or so I like to believe) with an IQ of around 130. Unfortunately, I have the social skills of a goose, so I am very introverted and more of a homebody. I'm not at all shy, but I do have a lot of social anxiety because of my weight.

I'm a super picky eater, so someone would have to be okay with that aspect of me. I also value honesty above pretty much anything else in life (which means if I ask if my dress makes me look fat, I expect you to say yes if it totally does and wouldn't be at all offended).

A little bit more about me: I'm a liberal, open-minded atheist (meaning I don't insult religious people or try and convince them to believe what I believe) and I am a strong supporter of the LGBT community. I believe that nobody should be discriminated against for things like race, religion (or lack of), and sexual orientation. Wearing Crocs, on the other hand... (Just kidding, sort of.) I'm stubborn, I like to talk a lot, but I'm very loyal.

I should warn you, though, I love talking about things like politics and current events from all over the world, so I'd like someone who can keep up with me intellectually.

Favorite types of music: Pretty much anything except country and rap music that's superficial. I've been singing on an off for 20 years, so I have an appreciation for almost all styles of music. Some of my favorite songs range from techno to 70s rock, or even to 90s R&B.

Shows I like: Firefly, Star Trek (TNG), The Simpsons, Futurama, Anne With an E, Orange is the New Black, Drop Dead Diva, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Mad Men, The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, The Good Place, Project Runway, Survivor, Eurovision, M*A*S*H* (my absolute favorite), Santa Clarita Diet, That 70s Show, Death Note, Sailor Moon, and a bunch of others that I can't remember right now.

Hobbies: Video games! I'm an old school gamer who sticks with 6th generation gaming and below, with the exception of 3DS. Some of my favorite games are Legend of Legaia, Breath of Fire III, any Pokemon game, Final Fantasy VI and VII, and Chrono Trigger. I'm the weirdo who likes to have the soundtracks to my favorite games.

I also like writing- I have a blog that I'm working on, and I'm in the beginning stages of creating a fantasy series. Like any stereotypically nerdy chick, I also love to read. I lost pretty much all of my books when I moved across the country, though, sadly.

Despite being more focused on older games, I also enjoy working with technology and software. As I mentioned before, I've been singing for about 20 years and also play the flute. When I choose a career, I want it to include one of my hobbies.

Other interesting stuff:

What I'm looking for:
-Someone between the ages of 23-30.
-Somebody who's honest!! !!
-Not a smoker (of any kind)
-Not a regular drinker
-Smart
-Someone who likes animals, especially cats
-Totally nerdy
-I'd prefer someone with Asperger's, but I am openminded to anyone Neurotypical that is understanding of the Spectrum
-Appreciates music like I do
-Someone who's NOT living in their parents' home, unless it's a temporary thing after having moved out before
-Someone who doesn't keep me a secret if we manage to hit it off. If I'm dating you, I'm going to be proud of it and show you off to people. I'd like the same courtesy.
-I'm perfectly fine with divorcees. I was engaged once, so I'm not going to be judgmental about that sort of thing.

So yeah, that's me!