Eligible Odd-Bods! - The Premier Aspergian Singles List

Page 219 of 239 [ 3819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222 ... 239  Next

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 8:14 pm

I'm Lisa and I'm 23. I already introduced myself in a different thread in this section.

I'm a conundrum. I either put people off because I'm not emotional enough or I put them off because I'm actually incredibly over emotional and they catch on through what I say :?.

I'm bad with body language too. If I consciously force myself to pay attention I've learned enough that I can notice some things, but usually in the moment I'm so stressed out from trying act less "aspies" that there's not enough open space for body language reading to run at the same time. I envy the NT ability to have more than one complex human program running at once.

I had to learn to do eye contact more. I'm still not really comfortable with it but I can do it. My worst habit is jiggling my leg up and down or tapping my fingers (I do this quietly at least). I've learned that in important people things I need to cross my legs at the ankles and rest my hands on my lap while clasping them. But boy is it hard on me! I'm forcing myself to reign in my stimming while also doing the eye contact.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

Magthidon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jun 2016, 9:31 pm

lidsmichelle wrote:
I'm Lisa and I'm 23. I already introduced myself in a different thread in this section.

I'm a conundrum. I either put people off because I'm not emotional enough or I put them off because I'm actually incredibly over emotional and they catch on through what I say :?.

I'm bad with body language too. If I consciously force myself to pay attention I've learned enough that I can notice some things, but usually in the moment I'm so stressed out from trying act less "aspies" that there's not enough open space for body language reading to run at the same time. I envy the NT ability to have more than one complex human program running at once.

I had to learn to do eye contact more. I'm still not really comfortable with it but I can do it. My worst habit is jiggling my leg up and down or tapping my fingers (I do this quietly at least). I've learned that in important people things I need to cross my legs at the ankles and rest my hands on my lap while clasping them. But boy is it hard on me! I'm forcing myself to reign in my stimming while also doing the eye contact.

Why force yourself to not stim? Embrace who you are! Also, eye contact isn't that important. As long as you look at the person most of the time, things are fine!

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jun 2016, 9:51 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:

Quote:
I think I would really like heels, because I have a really bad toewalking habit, but I'm not a girl =(

Although it is not considered gender normative, I have certainly known men who wore heels! A few were gay, and at least one was cis gender straight but just enjoyed "cross dressing." I see no problem. It is sort of weird that we no longer consider women wearing pants and button down shirts cross dressing, but men wearing anything traditionally feminine still is. Weird. Interesting fact: high heels were created during the late Middle Ages for MEN. Only men had the fancy shoes with pointed toes, feathers, bright colors and high heels. Plus they wore lovely tights. Similar shoes for women were not developed until the 1700's and were not considered to be just for women until late 1800's!

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 10:15 pm

Magthidon wrote:
lidsmichelle wrote:

Why force yourself to not stim? Embrace who you are! Also, eye contact isn't that important. As long as you look at the person most of the time, things are fine!

Stimming is considered unprofessional by a lot of people, they think it means you aren't interested in what they're saying. That's why I try to reign it in.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 12:17 am

Magthidon wrote:
Why force yourself to not stim? Embrace who you are!
lidsmichelle wrote:
Stimming is considered unprofessional by a lot of people, they think it means you aren't interested in what they're saying. That's why I try to reign it in.

Also, depending on what your stim is...let me try to put this politely: people will think you are super weird.

I have some stims that I think are innocent enough, or maybe things I do that I don't notice, but I get very self conscious if I start rocking in public.

Magthidon wrote:
Also, eye contact isn't that important. As long as you look at the person most of the time, things are fine!

In my experience, this is not true at all, especially if you're trying to get a job, or trying not to look creepy.

If you're looking at a person, but not at their face, what are you looking at?
I always feel like that's dangerous territory.

GeekChic wrote:
Although it is not considered gender normative, I have certainly known men who wore heels!

Don't get me wrong, I think a lot of gender stereotypes are silly; I just can't imagine that heels would be a good look for me.
Maybe high-heeled boots or something like that? But I don't want to look like I'm self-conscious about my height =)

CaptainChemosh
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jun 2016, 1:39 am

Kind of new to all this, but I suppose I might as well give it a try.
My name is Tolbin, I'm Male, 24 years of age, and I live in North Dakota, U.S.A. My interests include books primarily fantasy and weird fiction as well as video games, computers, theology, philosophy, sci-fi, astronomy, movies, writing, anime, and much more.

When I am relaxed I am quite friendly and kind. Admittedly, I am rather average in terms of appearance, though I do keep my basic hygiene well maintained. I like having conversations, though preferably about my favorite subjects. Admittedly, inconsequential banter does bore me on a basic level rather quickly.

The female I am looking for must be intelligent, caring, and open minded. As for age around 19 to 28 years of age would be suitable. In regards to physical appearance, I don't have much in the way of preferences. Tattoos, piercings, gauges, are all totally fine with me even though admittedly I have none (at least yet). :)

Edit: Forgot to actually describe my appearance, apologies. 6'2" caucasian male, blonde hair (presently short cut), dark green eyes, average build.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 8:16 am

"Reign it in" is an eggcorn.

I'm east of LA, now, going to grad school in Economics, so I don't have much time. I'm still interested in meeting people who can handle occasional scheduling issues.

flagreen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jul 2016, 5:26 pm

Early 40s Female Midwest USA
pretty damn understanding and open to communication
have prior rship experience
not typical female, will never be skinny barbiedoll but can clean up well and hold my own socially
employed, has varied interests and hobbies, lonely after moving here for work,
am a fairly open book, enjoy friendships and lllooovvveee
come talk to me!! !

Magthidon

12 Jul 2016, 2:43 am

lidsmichelle wrote:
Magthidon wrote:
lidsmichelle wrote:

To each their own, I guess. Personally, I'd rather look unprofessional than not stim because stimming helps me think more clearly. If I don't stim, then I start getting more anxious than I already was.

Magthidon

12 Jul 2016, 2:52 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Magthidon wrote:
Why force yourself to not stim? Embrace who you are!
lidsmichelle wrote:

Also, depending on what your stim is...let me try to put this politely: people will think you are super weird.

I have some stims that I think are innocent enough, or maybe things I do that I don't notice, but I get very self conscious if I start rocking in public.

Magthidon wrote:
Also, eye contact isn't that important. As long as you look at the person most of the time, things are fine!

In my experience, this is not true at all, especially if you're trying to get a job, or trying not to look creepy.

If you're looking at a person, but not at their face, what are you looking at?
I always feel like that's dangerous territory.

GeekChic wrote:
Although it is not considered gender normative, I have certainly known men who wore heels!

Don't get me wrong, I think a lot of gender stereotypes are silly; I just can't imagine that heels would be a good look for me.
Maybe high-heeled boots or something like that? But I don't want to look like I'm self-conscious about my height =)

Who cares if someone thinks you're weird? There's probably something that they do that you'd think was completely weird. Everyone is weird in their own way. Embrace who you are rather than pretend to be someone you are not. If someone has a problem with that, then they obviously aren't someone you'd want to associate with anyways.

Also "If you're looking at a person, but not at their face, what are you looking at?"
Well, I like to look at their nose, I like to look at the environment if I haven't been in it before. For instance, I just had a job interview at a call center that handles customer service calls for DirecTV. On the walls of the interview room were posters for all kinds of shows for all kinds of different packages. Obviously if the person has sound flowing from their mouth, you should try and look them in the eyes, but they wouldn't be able to tell if you were looking just below their eyes, or just above their eyes. If I'm not in an interview, I like to look wherever the hell I want because I can prove to someone that I am actively listening to them without having to look at them. If they find it weird that I don't want to stare deeply into their eyes, I would have to tell them how weird it is for someone to stare deeply into the eyes of a stranger. We barely know each other, slow down there. I'm not out on a date with you! There are other ways to show you are interested in what a person is saying simply by body language. If your body is pointed towards someone, it shows interest, regardless of where your head is pointed. Also, repeatedly answering their questions and communicating with them shows interest, especially if you use the right vocal intonations.

luvtaread
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jul 2016, 12:18 am

This is a fun topic :)I'm 31, single in Ohio. I have a bachelors degree and am looking for a job (which SUCKS)
Anyways I'm 5'1 250ish. I love to read and quilt and if I'm not careful I get addicted to video games ;) I also like hiking/being outdoors if the weather is nice (for me that means not about 80ish). I also love the rain and thunderstorms.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 3:16 pm

Back on the market.
Before all, not desperately looking, I don't like traditional dating, I like getting to know someone naturally, maybe working together or being friends, bookclub.. No dating.
My age is already written, I won't display my location for obvious reasons. I like my space and time, and I like to take my time, and the time. I don't cook, I don't like rollercoasters. I'm more into science and movies, music, and my special interest is the x files. Personality type ISTJ leaning toward INTJ. And I like to be on top.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

Ruffioh
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2016, 6:24 pm

I have been on the market left to rot for about a year. I am heavy built, 270lbs/19st/122.5kg. I have short black hair, brown eyes, slight acne, and bad teeth. I am very compassionate so I care more about others than myself. I have Aspergers, ADD, Depression, and Anxiety. My interests are rather limited, sad to say. They include fishing, writing, movies, games, and camping. I live in King County Washington.

Tallman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2016, 6:16 am

Hey! I'm male, 28 years old and from the south east suburbs of Melbourne. Dark hair, dark eyes. I'm into music, politics, economics. I'm particurlarly interested in musical instruments and love their beautiful sound. As such I'm in the process of starting up my own musical instrument making and repair business. Currently working in cabinet making though. I've only been diagnosed with Asperger's earlier this year, so still learning and would love to meet other people on the spectrum. Would love to hear from some of you! Are there many people here from Australia?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 10:05 pm

Does this singles list actually work?

Tallman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Aug 2016, 3:57 am

Danae wrote:
And I like to be on top.

Haha! Great way to finish a post like this