Associated Press
posted: 07 October 2005
09:53 am ET

http://www.livescience.com/othernews/ap ... pdate.html

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2005, 2:05 am

My feeling are that there had to be something to start this universe BIG BANG how do two atoms form when there was nothing before. A Intelligence had to be there to want it, to make it, to what to share it.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2005, 3:09 am

kevv729 wrote:
...how do two atoms form when there was nothing before. A Intelligence had to be there to want it, to make it, to what to share it.

God's redundant:

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/astronomy/bigbang_alternative_010413-1.html

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2005, 5:54 pm

How could the BIG BANG CREATE ITS SELF???

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 4:22 am

The issue isn't whether there was a divine hand guiding the creation of the universe, but whether ID/creationism is science. I say they must teach FSMism if ID is accepted, as it is equally valid (and much cooler... pirate costumes anyone?) :wink:

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 3:14 pm

duncvis wrote:
The issue isn't whether there was a divine hand guiding the creation of the universe, but whether ID/creationism is science. I say they must teach FSMism if ID is accepted, as it is equally valid (and much cooler... pirate costumes anyone?) :wink:

I agree. If ID is a science, then FSMism should be too.

Flying Spaghetti Monster, I hope and pray that all people will be touched by Your Noodly Appendage, so that all may know the truth. Ramen.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 3:16 pm

But is evolution science it is just a theory, that does not make it science.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 3:31 pm

ascan wrote:
kevv729 wrote:
...how do two atoms form when there was nothing before. A Intelligence had to be there to want it, to make it, to what to share it.

God's redundant:

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/astronomy/bigbang_alternative_010413-1.html
So how does 3/D and 4/D or 5/D collide if they are in another dimension. This makes no sense to me they are not parallel to each other.

I know string theory is popular but it still doesn't explain it very well.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2005, 2:31 am

kevv729 wrote:

All science is based on theories.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2005, 5:30 am

kevv729 wrote:
ascan wrote:
kevv729 wrote:

God's redundant:

So how does 3/D and 4/D or 5/D collide if they are in another dimension. This makes no sense to me they are not parallel to each other.

I know string theory is popular but it still doesn't explain it very well.

But you're not in a position to judge how well it explains it (neither am I, to be honest :oops: ). The point I'm making is that we don't need to resort to using God to explain what we don't understand; with time and effort, clever people can work it out for us.

As for the collision thing you asked about, what they're saying is that the world we know does have a fifth dimensional component.

eyeenteepee
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Oct 2005, 5:44 am

ascan wrote:
The point I'm making is that we don't need to resort to using God to explain what we don't understand; with time and effort, clever people can work it out for us.

Exactly. I personally believe in God (although not in the form described by the Bible) but using God to explain what we don't understand is intellectually lazy and dishonest. Hooray for science! :D

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2005, 10:40 am

kevv729 wrote:

Perhaps some blackhole's have or leave tunnels (if exists) in time, and allows it to expel all its channeled into its self at the vary moment time began, or ends for that mater,,

Perhaps in the end there will be so much hawking's radiation and dark matter and the like of all thats left of creation that it would be more like a cosmic dust cloud slowly collecting, then self ignites starting it all over again.

Its not that we need a god to explain what we do not understand, we are still yet a VARY YOUNG race with much to learn and understand about our universe, naivety is not the answer, but cold hard facts that are delivered by science, tested and true, holds much more water with me, then saying, ok this must be Gods doing, lets leave it at that and move on.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2005, 4:42 pm

ghotistix wrote:
kevv729 wrote:

All science is based on theories.
You are right.

The problem is there is one to many theories out there to deal with and to try to understand.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2005, 5:11 pm

kevv729 wrote:
We must remember though God is a Intelligence on to himself and He created us to be intelligent too. We where given this intelligence by him. We have the right to choose he allows us to choose. The universe could not create its self from nothing into something. If we are made in his image than are we not like him, no matter what the Bible says he made us to be are ourselves.

He create us, because he wanted to share all with us, and us to share with him.

It takes a Intelligence to Create what we see, That Intelligence is Him and Us together to learn to understand each other. It is not to control each other.

All the theories that we invent well never explain it all in our lives today or tomorrow.

That is "Intelligent Design" to me.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2005, 7:34 pm

kevv729 wrote:
The problem is there is one to many theories out there to deal with and to try to understand.

Not really. Using the 'God did it' explanation, rather than truly attempting to understand the world around us, is a cop-out. It is ignorant and lazy.

In the other Intelligent Design thread, I explained about the problem with the word 'theory'. Everything in science is considered a theory. I used the example of the Theory of Gravity. Gravity is just a theory. The definition of theory when applied to science is different than the way most people use the word theory.

To help you understand, here is a model of the scientific method:

Observation --> Data Collection --> Hypothesis --> Test* --> Conclusion --> Theory

*If the results of the test are inconsistent with the hypothesis, the hypothesis is revised and tested again.

A theory is a series of related scientific hypotheses that have been tested over and over. A theory is not subjective or an opinion!

Has intelligent design been tested? No. Has intelligent design been combined with other similar hypotheses? No. Intelligent design is not a theory! Intelligent design could be considered a hypothesis at best. If intelligent design is not a theory, why should it be taught as one?

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2005, 7:44 pm

Quite. Well put, Bec.

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!