Would you ever go 2 a prom?
Yes 45%  45%  [ 46 ]
No 55%  55%  [ 57 ]
Total votes : 103

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 8:10 am

I remember my brothers going to their high school proms and couldn't see what all the fuss was about. It seemed like a big social chore. People make it out to be so much fun but I would be expected to wear a dress. I NEVER have fun if I am forced to wear a dress. If I ever get married I am wearing my usual clothes. People get so anxious for nothing and anxious people are no fun to interact with. I was taken out of public school to be homeschooled in firth grade and not being able to go to a prom did not bother me. I don't think I would have a date to go with. The only guy I was ever intrested in romanticaly lives on the other side of the world and is like fifteen years older than me and dosen't even know I like him. I don't think he would come over all the way from South Africa just to go to a prom with a teenager who has a school girl crush on him.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 2:35 pm

I would go if someone asked me. But based on that fact, I picked no.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 2:57 pm

I would have gone, if only one of the girls I had asked would have said 'Yes'.

No one wanted to be seen with "The Spaz", I guess...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

madam_mim
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2008, 2:52 pm

I went to my then-boyfriend's Senior Prom this year, and it wasn't too great. The music and food weren't really good and the locale was small. I also can't dance to rap music, so we didn't dance much either.

My Junior Cotillion (pretty much a Junior Prom) was pretty fun. The same then-boyfriend went with me, we danced to a lot of the (slightly better) music.

My friend Louis also invited me to his Senior Prom this year. The music was decidedly better, with some rock and roll mixed in with the (c)rap. That one was worth the $40.

Laurz_2192
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jul 2008, 5:14 pm

Didn't go to mine back in May. The idea of being with all those people my age and having to dress up terrified me

Astrid
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jul 2008, 8:48 pm

I did go to both my proms...I didn't have a date or after-party for either one, though. (For senior prom I pushed my friend around the dance floor in a wheelchair...)

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 1:38 am

I didn't go to mine. I didn't think I'd enjoy it. Spending all that money and getting dolled up to stand in a corner with the other 'I-don't-dancers' seemed pointless, honestly. Though for some reason it was the cool thing amongst the seniors to skip prom last year. Don't know what that was about, but it doesn't seem as if I missed much.

greyh
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2008, 10:12 am

We didn't have one (English senior schools sometimes have a dance or whatever but it depends) and I doubt I'd have gone anyway :P Didn't have a girlfriend to go with, and my friends and I were the kind of people who wouldn't dance anyway, and so it would be pretty pointless :P I had better things to do than waste an evening with a load of idiots :lol:

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 9:13 pm

Prom is seriously overrated. Its expensive just for one nite. Theres the dress, hair, makeup, limo, photos, the actual prom admission and probably a whole bunch of other s**t. I never went to my prom and Im glad I never did. All it is, is some superficial night full of stupid shallow interactions, partying, people sneeking alcohol in, and well everyones dressed up so apperance is about 10 times more important then usual. I was actually considering it until my friend talked me out of it. Thinking back I wouldve just had a miserble time there and possibly had another meltdown there.

MintLemonade
Raven
Raven

31 Jul 2008, 9:39 pm

I went to mine and it was fun. My high school was small around 60 seniors. I went with a group, nothing special with the hair just a headband, floor length dress with sandals that I bought on sale. I remember my friend dragged me to the empty dance floor, I was nervous as hell but then we slow danced it was comical and thats when other kids started dancing.

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2008, 3:39 am

I never went to a school dance prior to senior prom. I only went because my Dad, a former friend and another friend more or less got on my case all "intervention" style about it. However, I went in a tuxedo, and went with a friend, rather than doing the whole poofy dress and date thing. It was sort of fun, in an absurd sort of way, and even the popular kids sort of knew it, because it was rather ghetto. To their credit, they actually had techno and 80's music rather than rap-crap, so that made me happy.

SilverPikmin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2008, 5:43 pm

A prom sounds like exactly the kind of thing I would hate: loud music, flashing lights most likely, and social pressure. Plus I could never imagine myself going with a girl. So it's a no from me. Then again, I'm only 14, and things change a lot in these years, I'm told...

On a side note, with my vote, the poll is now 50/50 :) Both at 36.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2008, 12:18 am

college person here.

high school proms/formals.......whatever the heck you call them, are boring.

my college proms thus far have been fun. I'm not a big dancer type person, though the group that I went with does a few dance training a couple of days beforehand. they're all tango people or waltz people, so I've been learning with them when they have the get togethers on how to waltz and tango. I'm okay. just basic steps. the others are slightly more out there.

this past spring prom, I asked the girl who everyone in our close group of friends knew that I liked, she said yes, though it ended up being us all going together as a group (16 or so people) and it was fun. I spent most of the night taking pictures, until she (the girl who I had asked) came over to me, glared at me and told me I would at least have one dance with her. It was fun.

16 people that close, is a fun way to spend a dance. most of us all left after school got out, though a few of us are still there, I have about two or so weeks til I'm back with the group, and I think by the time school starts, it's pretty much going to be known by mid year who will end up dating.....she and I won't be. we're too good and close of friends to do that, the girl that i like I won't be dating til my senior year, seeing as how she won't be at my school til my senior year.

subalternnavert
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Aug 2008, 10:39 pm

Let's see, throw back the wayback machine for 11 years....

Junior Prom: Didn't attend. Prepping mustang for a race the next weekend in Atlanta.

Senior Prom: Didn't attend. See above.

Flipmode
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Aug 2008, 7:55 pm

I went to my prom and just talked with a few people thats about it

Silver1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Aug 2008, 9:20 pm

I didn't go to mine, I wanted to, but it would have made me feel too nervous and uncomfortable. I can't handle big social events.