i am 16 and have a 3 MONTH OLD BABY GIRL

Page 3 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 8:29 pm

Kalister1 wrote:
I haven't felt an inkling of anything this entire conversation. I don't see how you can, its simply a message board on the internet.

Righteous indignation was all that you emoted in this thread. Some might call it trolling. I'll leave the moderators to decide on that one.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 9:01 pm

first off, congratulations :) if you ever need someone to talk to gimmie a shoue :P

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 9:02 pm

Hey puppylove

There's somebody here that admires and respects you. I dropped DNA in two kids and raised three others. I wouldn't say it's the most important thing I'll ever do in my life, I'd say it's the only important thing.

I couldn't care less about your age. A few kids have good parents and a lot of kids don't. It sounds to me like you're trying your best to be one of the good parents. Getting older doesn't make bad parents into good ones. What matters is what's in your heart, and that's something you don't learn from getting older. All the rest is just details.

Got any idea who the king of England was five hundred years ago, or the pope? This is an aspie board, so somebody here probably knows, but I don't either, and I don't think it matters. What's still important from five hundred years ago? What kids got from their parents, both good and bad. The things you're sharing with your daughter right now will still be around for centuries, long after your grandchildren are dead from old age.

I been to grad school and it didn't make me no smarter, and it sure didn't make me an understanding, caring human being, the kind of human being that makes an excellent parent. They don't teach that in school.

I'm sure you've already noticed, in spite of all the trouble, kids are life's greatest joy. Some people are too dumb to know that. Some people aren't.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 9:40 pm

So, puppylove, just so the rest of us cranky old people can know what we're arguing about, did you have to drop out, or do you have a support structure in place so you can go to school and still raise your baby?

Don't mind Kalister; he's just pissy because someone got laid and it wasn't him - again.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 9:59 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
Don't mind Kalister; he's just pissy because someone got laid and it wasn't him - again.

roflmfao

Mumof5
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Apr 2008, 11:41 pm

First off, Puppylove -- Welcome to WP and congratulations on your new baby. There'll be lots of ups and down, lows and highs, but when the little munchkin smiles at you, it makes all the 'yuck' of the day just slide away. (and I hope ya haven't been scared off by one person's opinion!) I hope you find this place to be as helpful as I have.

Also just wanted to drop a little reminder on the rules of conduct for these forums, as posted by Alex on the general section...well namely #2 anyway.

Quote:
2. Personal attacks.
This includes insinuation, ridicule and personal insults, regardless of whether direct or indirect. Attacking an opinion, belief or philosophy is acceptable, but attacking the person making the comments is not.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 12:41 am

Hello to you and your little pink bundle of joy. :O)

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

14 Apr 2008, 12:43 am

The deterioration of this thread is amazing. Just cut the poor girl some slack and welcome her in. She probably isn't posting because of you asses.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 12:45 am

KBABZ wrote:
The deterioration of this thread is amazing. Just cut the poor girl some slack and welcome her in. She probably isn't posting because of you asses.

I couldn't believe it, myself. I welcomed the young mother, and than I went to the beginning of this thread, and read the entire thing.

polarity
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 1:14 am

Kalister1 wrote:
I haven't felt an inkling of anything this entire conversation. I don't see how you can, its simply a message board on the internet.

If this wasn't an A.S. board I'd consider those to be the words of a sociopath.

I for one think you're an @sshole, and I'm not afraid to say so because it's so damn obvious from the way you've acted. People come here for support and assistance, and not to be the recipient of your inconsiderate, bigoted opinion.

People should either learn to shut up and respect other people's feelings, or they quite honestly deserve to suffer the loneliness and misery they cause themselves. As far as I'm aware there isn't a form of Tourettes that causes people to compulsively write out several paragraphs, and respond several times, so you've got no excuse.

Having a child at a young age doesn't have to be an obstacle to getting an education. The University I'm going to this autumn provides childcare up to school age for all mothers throughout the day, whether they're studying that day or not (so they get study time outside of lectures).

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

14 Apr 2008, 1:45 am

DeaconBlues wrote:
So, puppylove, just so the rest of us cranky old people can know what we're arguing about, did you have to drop out, or do you have a support structure in place so you can go to school and still raise your baby?

Excellent post! To the point,caring and funny. :lol:

Welcome to the board puppylove. :D

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

14 Apr 2008, 2:12 am

Kalister1 wrote:
I don't mind. I think your just a cranky old broad who thinks she is always right.

Since you are enough of a man to admit that you're wrong I've edited this post Kalister.

Last edited by velodog on 14 Apr 2008, 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 2:37 am

I guess I was being an as*hole, and she does deserve a welcome. Maybe its having too many friends with kids and no high school diploma that got me spouting off. Seeing them with too many children, along with no future and not caring, has made me jaded. I don't think you're a
for not graduating from high school; I think you're rather smart.

I'm not heartless, just very cynical towards certain friends of mine who have children, and no way to take care of them. No high school diploma, no plans for the future. I wish it was a non sequitur, I really do, but its not. It does follow - he was too young to have kids. I still remember the kid having the worst Christmas ever, because his father couldn't stop spending money on alcohol. His mom still moves around, and lives somewhere with her drunk boyfriend. I'll never forgive him, or her, for what they did to their child. There are others, but that was the one that struck me the hardest. Maybe I projected that on this young girl.

Last I heard, he was living in some run down house off main street. I was going to call him, but the cell phone company shut off his phone.

I'm actually not mad at all, at anything in this thread. If you knew me, I'm anything but a sociopath. All I saw in this thread was 3 MONTH OLD BABY GIRL. I want to show you guys a picture...

This is gus, too drunk to stand up. This is how I saw him everyday, for 4 years. Those are 4 years that I saw him drink instead of spend time with his kids. I wish I had some "better" pictures of him, but I don't. He lived in this house for a couple more months, now I don't know where he is. Maybe I did say the wrong things, born out of spite of the above situation. Thats it.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 2:54 am

puppylove22

Nothing like a little attention to your first post is there? It's like, no thank you very much.

Welcome to WP, it really isn't all like this, this one got out of hand it has nothing to do with anything you said.

For what it's worth.

My wife, Swampblossom, (it's what I kiddingly call her and she uses the name when she comes here, which isn't often.) had her first at 17, dropped out of high school at 16, raised a big family and I finally met her at a college project (archaeology) just before she graduated in Anthropology, she's a few credits shy have having a dual degree in History, both with honors. I never got a degree, but worked in a field where everyone had one. It can be done. Life is what you make it and where there is the will, there is a way. Follow your heart and I bet I know where your heart is. Isn't new life wonderful.

Anyway, I hope this mess didn't turn you totally off to WP. Looking forward to getting to know you better. And where are the baby pictures?

Oh and if you don't know how to get pictures up here and aren't sure how, if you want, send me a PM or ask in the computer area of WP. And a PM is a Private Message, all you have to do is hit the PM button under this.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 4:10 am

I hope she comes back..... :(

puppylove22
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Apr 2008, 4:19 am

right to stop the arguing heres the facts

1. I LEFT SCHOOL AT 15 BECAUSE OF BULLYING
2. I DO HAVE SUPPORT FROM MY FAMILY