what my mom did when i was in primary school

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

aaronrey
Toucan
Toucan

13 Apr 2008, 10:19 pm

it's not a rant or anything, just a little story. it's about 15-20 years ago.

in my country (indonesia), we have to take two final exams each year, one made by the school, one made by the government (department of education). under suharto, government officials had been known as corrupts (they're still corrupt but it's better now). so what my mom (and many many other moms) did was 'buy' the final exams from government officials after they're printed. she gave the exams to me and told me to do them, find out what the answers are, and make sure to make a few mistakes on the exam to erase any suspicions.

of course the purpose of the school-made exams was to catch these cheaters (yea, im one of them but when you're 8 years old, you cant fight your mom). fortunately i was quite good in taking exams so my grades for the school-made exams (average 80s for school exams and 90s for government exams). some of ex-schoolmates were more obvious. they would get 60s for school exams and 90s for government exams. they weren't kicked out tho because their parents are 'donors' to the school.

just a little story.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2008, 8:59 pm

That sucks...