Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 7:14 pm

pluto wrote:
I used to have a manager who's only form of humour was sarcasm.Most of his staff seemed to
think he was a lovable old grump and would laugh at his every comment.They were probably
only doing so to protect their jobs.I was only a temporary worker there and due to my objectivity I saw right through him.He just wasn't a very likeable person and took advantage of his position to make a fool of people. The last I heard he'd been transferred to a different
department,no doubt to keep him away from those he might upset.

EXACTLY my point.Nobody liked him and he was obviously very insecure, so he *kicked* at his employees who were below him to feel better about himself.

GoddessofSin wrote:
On the contrary. When I want to assert my intelligence I will have a very intellectual conversation. Sometimes this is fun to do to stupid people and watch the wide eye deer caught in headlights look while the hamsters have heart attacks running on their wheels trying to figure out what I just said. Sarcasm is a quick and easy blow off.

But thank you very much for pigeon holing me based on one post. You must be a high paid psychatrist. 5 mins and you have it all figured out. :lmao:

You're very welcome :mrgreen:.

15 Apr 2008, 7:16 pm

My ex boyfriend did hurtful sarcasm. When I be serious, he be all sarcastic and my mother told me what he did was hurtful.

Viola
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2008, 7:20 pm

Bad boyfriend! Shame :shameonyou: person I have no met who hurt someone who likes benny and joon and is therefore inherently good.

wob182
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Apr 2008, 7:37 pm

i love sacasim! when its a apropriate...but im finding it hard to know when it isnt apropriate lol

the really anoyin thing is msn/intrenet is monotone and u cant tell when someone is being sacastistic online
its really anoyin

(that wasnt sacasm....SEE IT HELPS) :D

DanteRF
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Apr 2008, 7:44 pm

Saying what people mean is what we get, everything else not so much. Some people don't think we get sarcasm. We do we just don't show it. Like you don't like it, you probally hear, "I'm only kidding". We know we just don't like it.
If in a comical sense I don't like stupid jokes that have no point and are 'illogical'. I find myself a very logical person.

15 Apr 2008, 7:54 pm

Viola wrote:
Bad boyfriend! Shame :shameonyou: person I have no met who hurt someone who likes benny and joon and is therefore inherently good.

Is B&J your favorite movie too? Is it your obsession?

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 7:56 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Viola wrote:

Is B&J your favorite movie too? Is it your obsession?

Well OBVIOUSLY :lol:
(no disrespect intended Spokane_Girl)

Viola
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2008, 7:57 pm

Not absolute favorite movie, but definately up there. Most people I know haven't watched it.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 7:59 pm

wob182 wrote:
i love sacasim! when its a apropriate...but im finding it hard to know when it isnt apropriate lol

the really anoyin thing is msn/intrenet is monotone and u cant tell when someone is being sacastistic online
its really anoyin

(that wasnt sacasm....SEE IT HELPS) :D

And I *Love* it when people intentionally mispell! :mrgreen:
Why surely it makes you look just too cool. :roll:

wob182
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Apr 2008, 8:03 pm

screw you. I have spelling prolems i always have

you know what i really cant be bothered spellchecking.

also i have dyslexia (which is really ironically a hard word to spell)

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 8:07 pm

wob182 wrote:

Awww, Im just playin with ya wob182! :lol:

But NOW you see what I mean by how sarcasm is used in conversations to laugh at others expense(not saying this to you
wob182 specifically, but to the the rest of them peeps lookin @ this thread ;) )

15 Apr 2008, 8:09 pm

That was an example of hurtful sarcasm.

wob182
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Apr 2008, 8:11 pm

D1nk0 wrote:
wob182 wrote:

Awww, Im just playin with ya wob182! :lol:

But NOW you see what I mean by how sarcasm is used in conversations to laugh at others expense(not saying this to you
wob182 specifically, but to the the rest of them peeps lookin @ this thread ;) )

yeah well hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok then
apoligy acspeted (when spellchecked it is... apology accepted) woow i am sucha great speller (sarcasm)

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 8:16 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
That was an example of hurtful sarcasm.

Yes, and what was ironic was that I didnt know that wob182 is dyslexic :oops: .
I thought that *she* was being sarcastic by intentionally mispelling. But this
IS the problem with sarcasm is that it can be misintepreted as being an intentional insult.

15 Apr 2008, 10:50 pm

Well you shouldn't put people down for not spelling everything correctly. You don't know if they have a learning disability or not.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 10:52 pm

That movie sucked ASS.

No need to weed out the sarcasm; there isn't any.