Is changing from Male to Female Weirder than Femal to Male?

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Is changing gender from Male to Female more weird than changing from Female to male? Why?
Yes, A feminine male is much worse than a masculine female 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
No, Both options pretty much weird me out equally 46%  46%  [ 17 ]
Yes, and I wish to make my own comment below 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
No, and I also want my chance to make my own comment below 43%  43%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 37

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 2:15 am

So I get the feeling that a genetic male who wishes to change gender and live as a female is seen as much more weird or abhorant than a female who wishes to do the opposite.

Personally I see both as normal... of course, I may be a bit biased on this

21 Apr 2008, 2:22 am

I don't mind it but I am not attracted to them. I feel freaked by it for some reason but I have nothing against them. I have seen a transgender before. I treat them with respect like I do with everyone else.

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 2:40 am

It is to a lesser extent. A gender change from female to male is often more succesfull than from male to female.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 12:58 pm

I don't know about weird but I would think it would be harder for a guy who's masculine to look like a woman even with hormones. I've seen shows where they still almost look the same then again there were some guys that really did look like women.

I think women are a little better at pulling off androgyny more so than men, they don't always have to come off looking masculine to look like a guy. But that's just my opinion, as of weird I don't really know what you mean. I don't know what it's like for someone to want to be another gender. So I didn't really submit a vote.

RainKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Apr 2008, 1:42 pm

I didn't vote because it depends on what you mean by weird. Male to female is more common, so female to male would be weirder by that definition. Neither is more or less natural, of course, and I don't have a skewed opinion toward one or the other.

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 8:09 pm

RainKing wrote:
I didn't vote because it depends on what you mean by weird. Male to female is more common, so female to male would be weirder by that definition. Neither is more or less natural, of course, and I don't have a skewed opinion toward one or the other.

I was referring to the emotional 'weird' as in, 'icky' or bizarre. :wink:

Also, for those of you who think genetic males have a harder time transitioning to live as the female gender, here is a link to some pages of personal photos of successful MtoF's.
Many of them look rather stunning to me!
Of course... it all depends on what age/physical maturity, you start at.

Oh.. and those t.v. shows you mention MissConstrue... those always seem to pander to an audience that wants to see a 'freak' instead of someone 'normal'.
I suspect they purposefully go out and seek the most flamboyant, comical, offensive, etc. people they can for shows with subjects that may border on controversial. :roll:

Successful Transwomen Page1
Successful Transwomen Page2
Successful Transwomen Page3
Successful Transwomen Page4

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 8:18 pm

Here's a page for Successful Transmen

Successful Transmen page1

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Apr 2008, 1:04 pm

Neither bothers me at all, both can be beautiful and benefical to the person undergoing the transition. I'm comfortable in my gender, and I can't imagine how difficult it would be to be mentally one gender but your body, the way people treat you, and many other things would be catagorized as "obviously" another gender, but I can imagine it's awful. I've been in discussions with people who say that because they see that person as a guy or a girl that they should be that gender irregardless to anything the transgender person feels. I don't know why they'd want to hurt others for the sake of putting people in the molds they live their lives in, especially when it won't affect them at all.

From what I've seen, men have a much more difficult time transitioning socially. People have a much more rigid view of what men should look and act like, while with women it seems that it's more acceptable to want to be, act, or look like a man. However, it is still difficult for all.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 1:47 pm

I think it stems from prejudice against women as society finds it easier to understand if a woman wants to be a man it says " of course you would men are great" but when men want to be women society says "yuck how could you want to be inferior!".
This is wrong and in time attitudes will change.
lots of schools let children go in a different gender now which would not have happened 10 years ago.
Its the last civil rights movement. eventually everyone will be treated equally and valued.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 1:51 pm

They're both wierd.

Those who know, don't speak.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 1:55 pm

Doesn't bother me in any way. What have they done against me? It's their decision to make. Whatever makes them happy. Though they will however face intense criticism, especially the men that become women.

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 8:54 pm

lotusblossom wrote:
I think it stems from prejudice against women as society finds it easier to understand if a woman wants to be a man it says " of course you would men are great" but when men want to be women society says "yuck how could you want to be inferior!".
This is wrong and in time attitudes will change...

I definitely agree with this statement although it moves beyond Transgendered people.

I look very much the masculine male, yet when I wear skirts (kilts, sarongs, dohti, and plain old women's skirts), people get uncomfortable around me.

I've mentioned it before here... a guy in a skirt who isn't playing the bagpipes, or playing the 'fool', somehow un-nerves people and their ideal of masculinity.

I've been accosted by a woman for wearing a plain skirt that was/is marketed for women and men.
I've had guys (and some women) get all up-in-arms when I call my kilts... skirts... which if you look in any dictionary, they are defined as such.

One of the funniest comments made to me concerning guys wearing kilts comes from the guys themselves.
More than once, when a guy comments on my kilt (so far positive), and I say back that they ought to try wearing one purely from the comfort angle, their reply is, "Uh, well, umm, I don't have the legs for it!", then they nervously walk off.

DON'T HAVE THE LEGS FOR IT? and this from a GUY!?
That's laughable!
How many other times do you think guys check out their legs to see if they compliment the wardrobe picked out for the day, the beach, the pool, etc. :lmao:

Yeah... masculinity is QUITE fragile in the Western world!

The sad thing I see, reverts back to what was quoted above... masculine is positive and worth aspiring for... feminine is negative and better left to the 'weaker' people. :roll:

Women can be praised for being more 'guy-like' in sports, business, heck.. just life in general sometimes.
Guys will be derided for being too feminine though... everytime!

Sad, but true. :evil:

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 9:35 pm

I don't understand why people are bothered by things that don't affect them. If you don't like it, then don't think about it. If you don't like transgender people, stay away from them.

I guess I thought it was weird to change genders back when I first learned about it. Now it doesn't seem weird at all. Redefining one's gender is neither new or unusual. But I admit that I have seen a lot of weird things and it's hard to shock or offend me.

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 2:17 am

EvilKimEvil wrote:
I don't understand why people are bothered by things that don't affect them. If you don't like it, then don't think about it. If you don't like transgender people, stay away from them.

I guess I thought it was weird to change genders back when I first learned about it. Now it doesn't seem weird at all. Redefining one's gender is neither new or unusual. But I admit that I have seen a lot of weird things and it's hard to shock or offend me.

Oh... the jaded one! :wink:

I wish there were more people like you and the others who have said the same things as you.

At least I have the pleasure of knowing some of you folks here online.
I actually have several people at work and the town I work in who are accepting of me as I am... which is a far cry from what I expected all my life. :D

AliceinOz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Apr 2008, 8:58 am

I was recently speaking with a nurse who had a patient who had (in an earlier sequence of procedures) trans fem to male. The process made me blanch. Wow. Courage and determination. Really opened my eyes/

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 9:37 am

I think it's a little strange. My mind just doesn't see much importance, let alone superiority between genders. I don't feel one is any better than another. So of course, I just don't understand why they want to do it.