Mind Dimension, a reality that only exists in your mind.

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LCD
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 23

21 Apr 2008, 10:57 am

I've always been aware that colour, smell, taste, vision, sound and touch is a reality that exists in the mind, with the physical reality in a form not understood by humans.
So when I came across a video on utube about Mind Dimension I was pretty pleased that someone had wanted to make this phenomenon known to public, that our perception of the REAL world is only a creation of the mind. A way of maikng all physical phenomenon such as light frequencies and sound vibrations into a form that can be interpreted by living things.
Sometimes it is nice to learn something that isn't part of reality.

http://www.minddimension.com/MDHome.htm

Please watch 1 - 3 of the clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMSj-vcnhvI


Please tell me what you think.



Willard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,030

21 Apr 2008, 12:13 pm

I think it's all a very interesting exercise in strictly rational logic, but doesn't take into account that at the subatomic level, both object and subject are parts of a virtual web of wave/particles and quantum probabilities. Essentially all objects and all subjects, thus all reality in any context, is but light in an all-encompassing hologram. Can we experience the real world, really? We are the world (stop that, there'll be no singing while I'm here), and the world is us. There is naught but consciousness experiencing itself. Here's Tom with the weather...



Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 May 2007
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,115
Location: Hiding in plain sight

21 Apr 2008, 2:24 pm

Matrix?


_________________
When I lose an obsession, I feel lost until I find another.


Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 May 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,909
Location: Poland

21 Apr 2008, 3:09 pm

At the age of about 8 I liked playing with a thought that maybe I was not a real child living in a real world but I had been condemned to live in a hologram reality (like Matrix which had to wait few years yet for being released in that time) where everything depended on its creator's will, everything was being programmed and even my own life according to this theory wasn't something lasting from the time my mother gave birth to me but I appeared in the world just a short moment ago and even my memories concerning previous events weren't a proof I was wrong because there's always a possibility I could be programmed to have them.

Even when I recalled a moment of pondering this issue before, I couldn't be sure its reality because after all I could be only programmed by my creators to have fake memories about pondering the nature of reality.


_________________
MSN Messenger -> [email protected]


nomadic28
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2008
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 130

21 Apr 2008, 3:18 pm

Whoa! As I kid I used to imagine that my entire existence was in actually an alien's dream and it was possible that one day, perhaps my "death", I'd wake up as a small alien child on another planet who just had a (relative) 20-minute dream. Or something like that. But yeah, I always had this underlying notion that all we know of our reality is based on our 5 senses, and nothing more. Everything we see is what reflects light. All we hear are sound waves in the air. And so forth. But that's not necessarily what's there...

*cue Twighlight Zone music*



LCD
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 23

21 Apr 2008, 3:49 pm

Willard wrote:
I think it's all a very interesting exercise in strictly rational logic, but doesn't take into account that at the subatomic level, both object and subject are parts of a virtual web of wave/particles and quantum probabilities. Essentially all objects and all subjects, thus all reality in any context, is but light in an all-encompassing hologram. Can we experience the real world, really? We are the world (stop that, there'll be no singing while I'm here), and the world is us. There is naught but consciousness experiencing itself. Here's Tom with the weather...


I try not to look at mind dimensions as philisophical, but try to describe it using physics.

Okay my mind is made up of quarks and the same stuff that my book is made of, but trying to describe how physical matter can develop into something that has a conscious and aware of itself is difficult.
So I try not to look any further.



theQuail
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 9 Dec 2007
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Posts: 254

21 Apr 2008, 3:58 pm

nomadic28 wrote:
Whoa! As I kid I used to imagine that my entire existence was in actually an alien's dream and it was possible that one day, perhaps my "death", I'd wake up as a small alien child on another planet who just had a (relative) 20-minute dream. Or something like that. But yeah, I always had this underlying notion that all we know of our reality is based on our 5 senses, and nothing more. Everything we see is what reflects light. All we hear are sound waves in the air. And so forth. But that's not necessarily what's there...

*cue Twighlight Zone music*

Hehe, as a kid I used to have all sorts of thoughts like those... The whole solipsistic "brain in a vat" thing disturbed me. What if what I think of as reality is just an illusion or I perceive it incorrectly? Gyahh...



Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 May 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,909
Location: Poland

14 Sep 2009, 5:59 am

Now in turn, sometimes I take pleasure in imagining that maybe I’m not a mere human but some higher being who created the world and who, bored by her own omnipotence decided to assume a form of a human female from planet Earth, erasing all her memories to taste an ordinary mortal’s life and that my whole life is in fact just a simulation so regardless of what I’d do, nothing matters because my life is not real (but I prefer not to check authenticity of this conviction of mine by actually doing whatever I want :lol: ).


_________________
MSN Messenger -> [email protected]


ellenk55
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2009
Age: 62
Gender: Female
Posts: 13

19 Sep 2009, 9:33 am

Irulan wrote:
Now in turn, sometimes I take pleasure in imagining that maybe I’m not a mere human but some higher being who created the world and who, bored by her own omnipotence decided to assume a form of a human female from planet Earth, erasing all her memories to taste an ordinary mortal’s life and that my whole life is in fact just a simulation so regardless of what I’d do, nothing matters because my life is not real (but I prefer not to check authenticity of this conviction of mine by actually doing whatever I want :lol: ).


Well, as long as you are not "ethically challenged", what is the problem with doing whatever you want?



0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2007
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,237
Location: London

19 Sep 2009, 10:08 am

I never really though such an assertion was that profound. It is called mind's eye, but call it a dimension if you like. It is fairly obvious that we rely on sensory and other inputs "witness" our being. But then again I don't know what you mean by not understand, because frankly although we don't have all the information and never will it is always open to interpretation, as it is only represented as ‘known’ when there is consciousness.

I also think there no absolute free will, but will the in the mind's there appears to be a relative free will.



skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,156
Location: New Orleans, LA

19 Sep 2009, 12:40 pm

LCD wrote:
http://www.minddimension.com/MDHome.htm


Page Not Found.


_________________
Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings. ~Heinrich Heine, Almansor, 1823

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson


skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,156
Location: New Orleans, LA

19 Sep 2009, 12:44 pm

Also, the ideas put forward here reminds me a lot of Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson. You may wish to check that out.


_________________
Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings. ~Heinrich Heine, Almansor, 1823

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson


Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 43,655
Location: Houston, Texas

19 Sep 2009, 10:02 pm

ellenk55 wrote:
Irulan wrote:
Now in turn, sometimes I take pleasure in imagining that maybe I’m not a mere human but some higher being who created the world and who, bored by her own omnipotence decided to assume a form of a human female from planet Earth, erasing all her memories to taste an ordinary mortal’s life and that my whole life is in fact just a simulation so regardless of what I’d do, nothing matters because my life is not real (but I prefer not to check authenticity of this conviction of mine by actually doing whatever I want :lol: ).


Well, as long as you are not "ethically challenged", what is the problem with doing whatever you want?


Welcome to WP!


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 May 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,909
Location: Poland

21 Sep 2009, 2:23 pm

ellenk55 wrote:
Irulan wrote:
Now in turn, sometimes I take pleasure in imagining that maybe I’m not a mere human but some higher being who created the world and who, bored by her own omnipotence decided to assume a form of a human female from planet Earth, erasing all her memories to taste an ordinary mortal’s life and that my whole life is in fact just a simulation so regardless of what I’d do, nothing matters because my life is not real (but I prefer not to check authenticity of this conviction of mine by actually doing whatever I want :lol: ).


Well, as long as you are not "ethically challenged", what is the problem with doing whatever you want?


If this interesting euphemism :D (thank you for introducing it into my vocabulary, I love it :D :D :twisted: ) means what I think it does, then I am, that’s the truth. About which I once posted a thread http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt76368.html So I prefer not to. :roll: :P


_________________
MSN Messenger -> [email protected]


ellenk55
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2009
Age: 62
Gender: Female
Posts: 13

21 Sep 2009, 3:25 pm

Well, as long as you are not "ethically challenged", what is the problem with doing whatever you want?[/quote]

If this interesting euphemism :D (thank you for introducing it into my vocabulary, I love it :D :D :twisted: ) means what I think it does, then I am, that’s the truth. About which I once posted a thread . . . So I prefer not to. :roll: :P[/quote]


Ah, I see your point. :| I am used to people like myself with a very sensitive guilt meter. It can be helpful for us to entertain (and act on) fantasies that our actions will not have consequences. But, I do have to say that my comment was not very well thought out!

(and thank you for the welcome, Tim.)