Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

How do you plan to celebrate WP having reached 2K members?
I'm going on a caloric binge. PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE!! ! 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
I'm going on a caloric binge. PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE!! ! 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
I'm gonna squeeze the Charmin! 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
I'm gonna squeeze the Charmin! 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
I'm gonna put on a party hat and DANCE DANCE DANCE! (Badly) 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
I'm gonna put on a party hat and DANCE DANCE DANCE! (Badly) 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
I'm gonna stay up stimming and posting all night. While wearing a party hat. 26%  26%  [ 12 ]
I'm gonna stay up stimming and posting all night. While wearing a party hat. 26%  26%  [ 12 ]
I don't care, and I'm not gonna celebrate, and I think your feet are stupid. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
I don't care, and I'm not gonna celebrate, and I think your feet are stupid. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 46

mathogre
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Oct 2005, 10:08 am

kevv729 wrote:
It is to bad that only a few truly do post.

Question is how we can get these ones to post too.

Any IDEAS. 8O

You can't directly. Not everyone will post anyway. What you do to encourage posts from others is keep the place both interesting and a safe haven. If someone sees a post they find relevant, they'll read it. If they feel comfortable responding, figuring they won't get blasted or slammed for something they say, they might consider posting.

On another forum, I've got well over 2K posts in one year. I've been here a month and have less than 100. This is a tougher forum, but AS is a tougher characteristic. It's easy to be slammed here, or feel as though you've been slammed. We're not exactly the best at social interaction, and we don't alway interpret reactions very well. For example, someone can post something; another posts a terse response. Is the response simply someone being objectively direct, or was it intended to hurt? I'd bet in so many cases a concise response is seen as a hurtful slam.

It's always risky to post, but probably moreso here. That said, I still think this place is a safe haven for Aspies, given the general membership population, and the members who moderate.

Don't underestimate the lurkers. They're a part of this world too. They're reading, agreeing, disagreeing, finding ways to cope in the real world, finding a place where someone's finally saying something they've felt for a long time. That's a good thing too.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2005, 4:16 pm

mathogre

That does make sense. Though it is to bad more people don't post. The more people that did you would get more views on what people are thinking, though yes some that have gotten slammed maybe when they have posted. I hope then when they see it is a safe haven they too well post and add their ideas to our understanding as well. I just hope they that they will post one day.