Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

pechenegs
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2008, 5:02 am

Has anyone else on here been accused by family that you are constantly blowing lightbulbs in families homes?

My sister said that I could walk into a room which just had a new lightbulb put in and i would blow it when i flicked the switch, she said that my female cousin also did it and the only connection we had was sleep walkers in childhood? :P

AngelUndercover
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2008, 5:45 am

No, but I tend to cause some types of electronic devices to malfunction just by being around them.

pechenegs
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2008, 6:23 am

I don't think it has anything to do with Aspergers, interesting about electronics, hi Angel! :)

kip
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 6:34 am

Haha, yes. Mum and I both do it. We also wipe credit card swipe strips, hotel key cards... anything that runs on magnets. BF used to say I made his speakers sound like crap.

Only remedy I've found for it is leather. Leather shoes, less blown lights. Leather wallet, credit cards keep working.

psmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2008, 7:33 am

I used to make the big screen TV that my family had turn on and off because the of the static I had built up in my body! I know I am still afraid to go anywhere near my computer sometimes, but it usually does not happen to much anymore.

I generally find the spray to take out the wrinkles out of my clothes help to take out the static too. I don't know why.

Paperplate
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2008, 7:37 am

I blow out street lights. People say to me its just a coincidence but it has happened at least 30 times. Something to do with energy fields

olle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2008, 10:13 am

All these things are probably just coincidences... :o

If anything, you clothes can affect static electricity. The jacket i had this winter electrified me each time i touched any metal object. I forced myself to touch metal in order not to build up the electric charge... :wink:

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Apr 2008, 10:59 am

I make watches go bonky. All time pieces lose time around me. I can't wear one and other ones have to be updated constantly like laptop, cell phone, etc.

I also tend to demagnetize things.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 11:23 am

I just figured I always live in cheap apartments with crappy electrical wiring 8O ..You mean to say this is an aspie super power????

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 11:25 am

I also tend to blow out street lights. I wonder what it could be?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 1:56 pm

I'm cursed. I'm really good at breaking electronics...sometimes while I'm trying to fix them :x :x :x

psych
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 2:55 pm

street lamps - usually the same ones. One in particular turns off exactly as i pass underneath. But its not an everyday thing.

Gabbaruchi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2008, 2:59 pm

This whole thread makes me twitch, but I highly recommend that the streetlight-snuffers in particular read the following article:

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a4_047.html

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

30 Apr 2008, 10:54 pm

psmaster wrote:
I used to make the big screen TV that my family had turn on and off because the of the static I had built up in my body!

I get electric shocks off a lot of things because of this. Almost everytime I open to car door I get an electric shock and have taken to opening it with the sleave of my sweater. :lol:

About lightbulbs blowing, I am often in the room when one blows, but I think it's nothing more than a coincidence.

About other electronic equipment, I seem to make my radio malfunction and make a crackling noise when I go near it. So whenever I have it playing, I have to stay away from it to hear it clearly. I think it's just me standing in the way of the signal reaching the antenna, though.

nomnom_hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2008, 1:07 am

Liverbird wrote:
I make watches go bonky. All time pieces lose time around me. I can't wear one and other ones have to be updated constantly like laptop, cell phone, etc.

I also tend to demagnetize things.

Same here.

Except for the cell phone.

Paperplate
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 May 2008, 7:34 am

Gabbaruchi wrote:
This whole thread makes me twitch, but I highly recommend that the streetlight-snuffers in particular read the following article:

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a4_047.html

What a silly article