Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 8:55 pm

anyone else have a high pitch hearing loss. It's weird because sometimes when I think about it I get a high pitch ringing in my head. I pitch I normally wouldn't hear.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 9:50 pm

Yep, lost most of my hearing in an ear infection as a baby.

I know what you mean about the ringing too. The worst is when I go for a hearing test and I start hearing phantom beeps.

BAP22
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 May 2008, 10:00 pm

gbollard wrote:
The worst is when I go for a hearing test and I start hearing phantom beeps.

I thought that was normal?

Also realize that ringing in your ears can be from too much loud music. At least I assume thats why i hear steady high pitched ringing when its really quiet.

VioletClementine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 May 2008, 10:12 pm

Yeah...I went to a Dropkick Murphys concert two weeks ago and I was deaf for three days afterwards.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 10:12 pm

could be tinnitus. Happens to metal heads (Pete Townsend of the Who has it, for example) or people exposed to continuous loud noises.

I'm weird about hearing; I can sometimes hear better than other people. Now listening, though, is another problem...;)

toby2
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 May 2008, 12:47 am

i can hear things other people (nt) cant imagine possible but put me in a crowded room or even a few peeps talking and i am stuffed
cant hear what anyone is saying :cry: . i have a high pitched whistle all the time which seems to vary.

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2008, 12:53 am

I can hear ok. I have a problem hearing with lots of background noice- somtimes I can hear small sounds that others can't.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2008, 1:20 am

I have no problems with background noise since I rely on lip-reading about 50% + of the time. :D

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2008, 8:31 am

i'm hard of hearing. mild loss in left ear, low end of normal in right ear. both ears, however, drop off the chart at the high frequencies. we're fairly certain i was born this way.

i wear hearing aids when i can tolerate it.

tinnitus is common in people with hearing problems. it sucks.

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2008, 8:32 am

gbollard wrote:
worst is when I go for a hearing test and I start hearing phantom beeps.

i hate that, too.
i also wonder how accurate the speech recognition test is if you already know what words are going to be on it (from doing the damn thing five million times).

06 May 2008, 1:07 pm

I hear ringing in my ears but my hearing has been known to be normal according to the tests. I always thought it was normal. I think it's normal for everyone to hear ringing in their ears when they have been around loud noise for too long.

kit000003
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2008, 2:04 pm

My hearing is normal according to the last test i took (back about 8 years ago)

Yet I don't have decent recognition skills in my hearing. I will hear that there is noise, but not that it is someone speaking to me, or what they are saying.

I also get a random ringing in my ears.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2008, 2:17 pm

am another who gets ringing in ears but only ever after wearing ear plugs and ear defenders for to long,or after bad or multiple meltdowns.

am have had a hearing test before which showed hearing went off their chart for high frequencies,am instantly crippled by those very high frequency nasty anti cat/squirrel etc devices,dad has got the council involved against a mosquito device and a anti cat device that the neighbours at his place have put up because they leave am in meltdown and am unable to leave the house or have the windows open.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2008, 3:17 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
am another who gets ringing in ears but only ever after wearing ear plugs and ear defenders for to long,or after bad or multiple meltdowns.

am have had a hearing test before which showed hearing went off their chart for high frequencies,am instantly crippled by those very high frequency nasty anti cat/squirrel etc devices,dad has got the council involved against a mosquito device and a anti cat device that the neighbours at his place have put up because they leave am in meltdown and am unable to leave the house or have the windows open.

Wow! 8O

Should have wore that tin foil hat. :wink:

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2008, 5:42 pm

I sometimes get a ringing in my ears if I'm out in the bright sunlight and I've been looking or staring at a shiny surface for too long.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 8:54 am

I have ringing in the ears in certain situations. I know how to make it go away (I listen to music and meditate), unless I am sick. Then this pitch in my ears is frequent and very loud.

I also get ringing in the ears from medications. So when I am sick and have to take meds - it's a nightmare. That's the second worst thing to being sick.

I never had my hearing tested in the past 15+ years though. I think my ears differ in hearing ability, but I also know I hear better than other people still.

My ears usually just let me hear white noise when I have to listen to something extremely loud. By meditation it's got much much better. But when I'm in a rush or stressed, then the sirens of police cars still crush my hearing.