Page 1 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

cataspie
Toucan
Toucan

07 May 2008, 6:23 am

Who here wears glasses or had an eye operation in childhood and where you long or short sighted?.
Also respond if you have no eye sight problems.

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 6:26 am

I am extremely long-sighted, with a "lazy" right eye, and have worn glasses since I was 5. I also had to wear a patch over my left eye when I was 5-6 because of my lazy eye - didn't work though.

cataspie
Toucan
Toucan

07 May 2008, 6:30 am

shopaholic wrote:
I am extremely long-sighted, with a "lazy" right eye, and have worn glasses since I was 5. I also had to wear a patch over my left eye when I was 5-6 because of my lazy eye - didn't work though.

I was long sighted to and had to wear an eye patch,i got an operation when i was 10.I miss my glasses in some ways,i always feel better when i have my sun glasses on.
Also my right eye was the lazy eye.

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 6:50 am

i wear glasses as well and have been wearing them since i was 15. i had an operation for strabizmus at about age 8 or 9. it was done on right eye but yet i still see double. when i went back for eye exam before discovering i needed glasses doc wanted to do operation again, from how much pain i was in the first time i refused. since im soo used to the doublevision i just dont see point in treating it unless its getting worse or going to kill me, i do see a slight problem, depth perception, i dont see in 3D so all just looks like im just watching a tv screen.

also i cannot see really far out of left eye the glasses i have its just left eye that has the prescription lens, right eye its just "safetyglass lens"

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 6:54 am

I am very short-sighted, I've had my glasses since march on the 29th.
I know thats not very long but I've needed glasses since probably sometime back in 2004

telrad
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 May 2008, 7:43 am

I have worn glasses for 40 years. I tried contacts but could not stand anything in my eyes and had to quickly give them up.
I was nearsighted until a few years ago, now I am wearing bifocals.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 7:44 am

I'm getting a new pair of glasses, in a few days. They have a golden top rim, and they're rimless around the lenses. People will hardly know that I have them on. I want people to be able to see more of my cute face. :O) The exam was free and the frames were free, as well. I only have to pay $50 for my lenses. It's time for me to leave the 60s behind me, completly and get with the times, which is what I have been doing, since last January.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 7:52 am

All the better to see you with topic

I have been wearing glasses since I was eight years old, and so I have had many pairs over the past 45 years. The syle I wear is not particularly fashionable, but it is a pair i like--gold rimmed and oval shaped. Ultra thin polycarbonate lenses mean they are less heavy than they were 20 years ago. :)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 7:58 am

I want to celebrate the fact that I'm no longer hung up on the Austin Powers thing, and that I now know that I don't have to wear thick plastic frames in order to get people to see that I'm an intelligent person. Intelligence is shown through a person's words, and actions, not by the thickness of their frames. There are better ways for me to show the rest of the world my intelligence, like typing different letters to the newspaper, or engaging in conversations laced with different complex theories.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 8:10 am

I am extremely near-sighted and have severe nystagmus (twitching) in my right eye. The nystagmus has caused strabismus and ambyopia (lazy-eye) in that eye.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 8:17 am

I've worn them since I was about 6...nearsighted.

I tried contact twice...never could get adjusted to them.

07 May 2008, 8:28 am

I have been wearing glasses since I was 18.

DanteRF
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 May 2008, 8:32 am

I used to have great sight, I saw things easily from very far away then I started to lose it and got glasses when I was around 13-14. I have no idea why it happened.

Last edited by DanteRF on 07 May 2008, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 8:46 am

I've been wearing glasses, since I was 23.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

07 May 2008, 8:52 am

I've worn glasses since I was 7 years old. I'm near sighted, not severely, but enough that if I don't wear glasses I will get migranes. I can still see without my glasses although everything seems to have a fuzzy edge.

Justthatgirl11
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 May 2008, 8:55 am

I've been wearing glasses since I was 14, so about 16 years. I started wearing contacts in 2005 but since October I've gone back to my glasses because contacts feel weird. I still wear them sometimes, but mostly it's my glasses.