Page 7 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

TTRSage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Feb 2011, 9:16 pm

I was very near sighted as a child and was given a pair of glasses to wear during the summer between 2nd and 3rd grade. The optometrist thought he was being cute when he gave me a toy gun holster to carry the glasses in. I was in summer school that summer for some reason and the other kids gave me a rough time about that holster telling me with great cynicism that I could not bring such things to school. From that point on I refused to wear those glasses at all. My sister got glasses at the same time and soon could not see without them while I did OK for many years, although having to do a lot of squinting along the way. Finally around age 37 my eyesight changed the other way and I could no longer see up close (old age syndrome). I began wearing drug store reading glasses and have needed them increasingly since that time (I am now age 60). Soon I need to get a more powerful pair.

AS_mom
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Feb 2011, 9:21 pm

Very short sighted and wore glasses since I was 11 but really needed them before that. Now crossing over to needing reading glasses as well, it's an age thing apparently after 40 ish your eyes change. I wear contacts as well.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 2:56 am

I've been wearing glasses for...5 years maybe? I've tried contacts but they make me dizzy and they just fall off my eyes :lol: I got some prescription sunglasses last year and it was a terrific decision, I wear them all the time 8)