Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2008, 10:07 pm

Is there like, any pills or anything like that, that I can take to help me dream more? Or to remember my dreams better? Because I can't seem to get back on the dream track.... I mean I'm just now finally beginning to wing myself off of pot, so hopefully that will do something.... But I dunno though....
Does anyone know of anything that I can take to help me dream more? I wanna study lucid dreaming.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2008, 10:27 pm

just write em down anything you can remember

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

ford_prefects_kid
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 12:01 am

Lucid dreaming, oooh. Interesting subject. I saw a documentary about dreaming once that showed a face mask you can buy... it senses when you have reached REM sleep and flashes light over your eyes, to tune your brain into the fact that you are currently dreaming.

I'm sure you've read by now that being aware you are dreaming is the first step to being able to control the dreams.

Also, it's important to note that the sort of dreams in which lucid dreaming can occur usually take place in the last hour or two of slumber. I've managed to get to this state a couple times by having the shades on my window open- the morning light that streams in (starting at around 5:30 AM) partially registers in my subconscious, and I slowly become aware that I am dreaming- similar to the idea of the mask, I imagine.

It's only worked a couple times, though. Then again, I also suffer from sleep apnea, so I frequently don't even reach REM.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 12:32 am

Melatonin can cause some very extreme lucid dreams, especially if you haven't used it before

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 7:06 am

Where can you find Melotonin?

klick
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 May 2008, 9:02 am

In the U.S., it's sold as a dietary supplement, though it's illegal in other countries. My experience with it is that it will make you sleep, but not really change how you dream.

Why, in particular, are you interested in changing how you dream?

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 9:11 am

Because I wanna explore dreams.... Dreams are heavily influenced by thoughts stored away in the unconscious and sub-conscious mind. Many tribal and shamanic cultures have always believed the dream world to be a median between our life here and the afterlife.... I think that could be possible, even many of the most determined mainstream atheistic scientists believe in the presence or at least the possibility of other realms/dimensions. I think the dream state could be a middle step, a way of possibly exploring the afterlife in this life.... Dreams can also tell us things that are going to happen, because there have been several times where I have somehow managed to see the future in my dreams.
Dreams are also a direct conscious link between the conscious, sub-conscious, and unconscious.... So I believe there is a lot more to dreaming than what most people realise... Or this is my theory anyways, and I would like to explore it.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 9:20 am

It could be the link I need to bridging thought and consciousness to higher spiritual developement. My theory is that the more of our brain we learn to use, the closer we will come to a universal conscience...
I do believe that there is a greater power, a creator.... A divine conscience or spirit, if you will... I don't like calling it a god because god has became a loaded term with all the competing religions and s**t. But, it seems to me there must be some sort of universal conscience behind the workings of nature and science, time and space, etc. But I really do not view it as a religious entity, I believe it to be a conscious entity.... And religion stops thinking cold, it is the opposite of conscious. It ties the mind down (in fact any doctrine does that, be it religious, political, or whatever).
I'm on a quest for knowledge... I've already gotten as far as realising that the entire world around us is very fake, and very psychopathic. At this point I feel like Winston Smith in 1984..... I do not believe our true life begins here though, of coarse I am mainly interested in testing my theories with the dreams, exploring my mind, and --possibly--, exploring afterlife.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 9:22 am

But you see, most of us are mentally infants still in the dream world, as we are unconscious in this realm. We do not truely understand how that world or that dimension works, most of us don't have a clue. I am willing to admit that I don't. But I'm eager to learn.

Transcendence
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 May 2008, 5:37 pm

You can try eating some cheese before going to bed. It contains substances that help you dreaming.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

Dokken
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 9:00 pm

spudnik wrote:
Melatonin can cause some very extreme lucid dreams, especially if you haven't used it before
Ya, that stuff gives me some messed up dreams.

SNake321, if you're in Europe, you can't buy it over the counter.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 9:36 pm

The first time I tried it, I was having a bout of insomnia, and getting by on less then 2 hours sleep for over a week, I took melatonin and had the strangest lucid dreams, that seemed to repeat or last far longer then a regular dream, I was so worn out in the morning, but at least I caught up on some much needed sleep

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 12:06 am

i am always tired after having lucid dreams

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 12:43 am

Morphine is supposed to... after all, it's named after Father Morpheus the Greek god of dreams.

Really though, any study of lucid dreams using drug enhancement wouldn't be scientific. The drugs would skew the results.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 12:45 am

not for the light-hearted or weak-willed.