Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 11:03 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws[/youtube]

Listen to how careful he thinks about the number of states he has
compaigned in before he says "57".
Barack Hussein Obama is no doubt aware that there are 57 Islamic states.

Was he merely tired?

Do we want a president who gets that tired during an important speech??

Last edited by Ragtime on 13 May 2008, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 11:08 am

Oh, you mean unlike McCain, who doesn't know the difference between Iraq and Iran (they both begin with I), or between Shiites and Sunnis (they both begin with S), until someone whispers the right answers in his ear? :lol:

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 11:23 am

CityAsylum wrote:
Oh, you mean unlike McCain, who doesn't know the difference between Iraq and Iran (they both begin with I), or between Shiites and Sunnis (they both begin with S), until someone whispers the right answers in his ear? :lol:

For the record, I think McCain is entirely unfit to be president.
Plus, he's in the wrong party / running on the wrong ticket.
He makes a very good liberal.

Last edited by Ragtime on 13 May 2008, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 11:33 am

It are 60 states. Alaska and hawaii he has not visited, and he has won more too goat.

CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 12:08 pm

Ragtime wrote:
CityAsylum wrote:

Plus, he's in the wrong party / running on wrong ticket.

Just because he is a lousy Republican does not mean he makes a good 'liberal', or a good Democrat, if that is what you mean by liberal. John McCain is just another lousy Bushite, and should not be running on any ticket, other than one out of town.

You are too young to remember this, but once upon a time there were articulate and intelligent Republicans AND Democrats, and value was placed on those talents. When the best man won, the chances were he would be recognized as an effective leader at some level, regardless of which party to which you belonged.

I never thought I'd live to see the day that someone as stupid and immoral as George Bush could be appointed and then re-'elected' to lead such a powerful country. It shows just how widespread the breakdown of intellect is in this country.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 12:17 pm

CityAsylum wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
CityAsylum wrote:

Just because he is a lousy Republican does not mean he makes a good 'liberal', or a good Democrat, if that is what you mean by liberal. John McCain is just another lousy Bushite, and should not be running on any ticket, other than one out of town.

You are too young to remember this, but once upon a time there were articulate and intelligent Republicans AND Democrats, and value was placed on those talents. When the best man won, the chances were he would be recognized as an effective leader at some level, regardless of which party to which you belonged.

I never thought I'd live to see the day that someone as stupid and immoral as George Bush could be appointed and then re-'elected' to lead such a powerful country. It shows just how widespread the breakdown of intellect is in this country.

If only we had an effective leader like TAFT!

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 12:33 pm

CityAsylum wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
CityAsylum wrote:

Just because he is a lousy Republican does not mean he makes a good 'liberal'

No, not just because he's a lousy Republican, but because he responds
with mega-simplistic answers to complex and very important presidential policy questions,
and he's clearly in this race for one person: John McCain.
(That last trait by itself makes him a perfect liberal.)
He couldn't care less what America thinks beyond it voting for him.

See O'Reilly's three-part one-on-one interview with McCain here:
http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/index.html
McCain is cowering and uncomfortable the whole time,
despite his mock leaning-into-the-desk every once in a while,
which is clearly done only for effect, and looks so artificial.

The reality is, not one qualified candidate is currently in the running to become our next president.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 1:04 pm

Ragsy, do you honestly think that if you asked him how many states there are, he would have said 57? He said fifty first, then thought, wait, I haven't been to 2 or 3 states - minus 3 is 7 ... fifty and 7 is 57. Minor speech glitch - a petty-shite excuse to pick on someone.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 1:28 pm

monty wrote:
Ragsy, do you honestly think that if you asked him how many states there are, he would have said 57? He said fifty first, then thought, wait, I haven't been to 2 or 3 states - minus 3 is 7 ... fifty and 7 is 57. Minor speech glitch - a petty-shite excuse to pick on someone.

Look, he's campaigning for the highest office in the land.
If questioning a major, public gaffe of his is "picking on him",
then I want a stronger candidate, plain and simple.

All the man knows how to do is give speeches, so he darn well should be able to get that right!

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 1:52 pm

monty wrote:

wat? Are you serious?

Fool me once....shame, shame on me...no you! Fool me twice!

CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 1:57 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Look, he's campaigning for the highest office in the land. If questioning a major, public gaffe of his is "picking on him", then I want a stronger candidate, plain and simple.

You're joking, right? (as if)

After eight years of a semi-literate dirtyboy who says 'NOO-cyoo-ler', can't tell his right hand from his left hand, and accidentally detroys an entire country in the Middle East (PM me if you need to know which one), you call a tongue-slip a "major, public gaffe"? :lol:

This is thread is really just Trolling-for-Beginners, right?
Please tell me that you are capable of finding more substantive issues than this about which to debate. :roll:

The part that is not a joke is how many human beings have died because of the incompetence of the Republican "thinking" process.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 2:04 pm

oscuria wrote:
monty wrote:

wat? Are you serious?

Yes, I am serious. I believe that Obama knows (and knew) that there are 50 states. I seriously believe that he got slightly tongue tangled.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 2:23 pm

monty wrote:
oscuria wrote:
monty wrote:

wat? Are you serious?

Yes, I am serious. I believe that Obama knows (and knew) that there are 50 states. I seriously believe that he got slightly tongue tangled.

Ya know, he's not a second-grader getting ready for his spelling bee...

He's angling to become President of the United States.

(Just thought I'd help you raise your expectations to a level commensurate with reality.)

monty
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 2:25 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Ya know, he's not a second-grader getting ready for his spelling bee...

He's angling to become President of the United States.

(Just thought I'd help you adjust your expectations a little bit.)

After 2 terms of Bushisms, that goof is really a minor thing. Well, got to get back to working hard to put food on my family.

CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 3:05 pm

"How can you possibly have an international agreement that's effective unless countries like China and India are not full participants?" --George W. Bush, Camp David, April 19, 2008

"A lot of times in politics you have people look you in the eye and tell you what's not on their mind." --George W. Bush, Sochi, Russia, April 6, 2008

"Removing Saddam Hussein was the right decision early in my presidency, it is the right decision now, and it will be the right decision ever." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 12, 2008

"Let me start off by saying that in 2000 I said, 'Vote for me. I'm an agent of change.' In 2004, I said, 'I'm not interested in change --I want to continue as president.' Every candidate has got to say 'change.' That's what the American people expect." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 5, 2008

"And so, General, I want to thank you for your service. And I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq." --George W. Bush, to Army Gen. Ray Odierno, Washington, D.C., March 3, 2008

"Wait a minute. What did you just say? You're predicting $4-a-gallon gas? ... That's interesting. I hadn't heard that." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Feb. 28, 2008

"I can press when there needs to be pressed; I can hold hands when there needs to be -- hold hands." --George W. Bush, on how he can contribute to the Middle East peace process, Washington, D.C., Jan. 4, 2008

"The decisions we make in Washington have a direct impact on the people in our country, obviously." -- George W. Bush, New Albany, Ind., Nov. 13, 2007

"We're going to -- we'll be sending a person on the ground there pretty soon to help implement the malaria initiative, and that initiative will mean spreading nets and insecticides throughout the country so that we can see a reduction in death of young children that -- a death that we can cure." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Oct. 18, 2007

"All I can tell you is when the governor calls, I answer his phone." --George W. Bush, San Diego, Calif., Oct. 25, 2007

"I fully understand those who say you can't win this thing militarily. That's exactly what the United States military says, that you can't win this military." --George W. Bush, on the need for political progress in Iraq, Washington, D.C., Oct. 17, 2007

"You know, when you give a man more money in his pocket -- in this case, a woman more money in her pocket to expand a business, it -- they build new buildings. And when somebody builds a new building somebody has got to come and build the building. And when the building expanded it prevented additional opportunities for people to work." --George W. Bush, Lancaster, Pa., Oct. 3, 2007

"As yesterday's positive report card shows, childrens do learn when standards are high and results are measured." --George W. Bush, on the No Child Left Behind Act, Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2007 (Watch video clip)

"All of us in America want there to be fairness when it comes to justice." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 20, 2007

"I heard somebody say, 'Where's (Nelson) Mandela?' Well, Mandela's dead. Because Saddam killed all the Mandelas." --George W. Bush, on the former South African president, who is still very much alive, Washington, D.C., Sept. 20, 2007

"Mr. Prime Minister, thank you for your introduction. Thank you for being such a fine host for the OPEC summit." --George W. Bush, addressing Australian Prime Minister John Howard at the APEC Summit, Sept. 7, 207

"The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., July 12, 2007

"I'm going to try to see if I can remember as much to make it sound like I'm smart on the subject." --George W. Bush, answering a question about a possible flu pandemic, Cleveland, July 10, 2007

"More than two decades later, it is hard to imagine the Revolutionary War coming out any other way." --George W. Bush, Martinsburg, W. Va., July 4, 2007

"These are big achievements for this country, and the people of Bulgaria ought to be proud of the achievements that they have achieved." --George W. Bush, Sofia, Bulgaria, June 11, 2007

"Either we'll succeed, or we won't succeed. And the definition of success as I described is sectarian violence down. Success is not no violence." --George W. Bush, on Iraq, Washington, D.C., May 2, 2007

"And so, what Gen. Petraeus is saying, some early signs, still dangerous, but give me -- give my chance a plan to work." --George W. Bush, in an interview with Charlie Rose, April 24, 2007

"There are some similarities, of course (between Iraq and Vietnam). Death is terrible." --George W. Bush, Tipp City, Ohio, April 19, 2007

"One of my concerns is that the health care not be as good as it can possibly be." --George W. Bush, on military benefits, Tipp City, Ohio, April 19, 2007

"And my concern, David, is several." --George W. Bush, to NBC's David Gregory, Washington, D.C., April 3, 2007

"That's why we are inconveniencing air traffickers, to make sure nobody is carrying weapons on airplanes." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 3, 2007

"I think that the vice president is a person reflecting a half-glass-full mentality." --George W. Bush, interview on National Public Radio, Jan. 29, 2007

"And one thing we want during this war on terror is for people to feel like their life's moving on, that they're able to make a living and send their kids to college and put more money on the table." --George W. Bush, interview on the NewsHour with Jim Lehrer, Jan. 16, 2007

"The best way to defeat the totalitarian of hate is with an ideology of hope -- an ideology of hate -- excuse me --with an ideology of hope." --George W. Bush, Fort Benning, Ga., Jan. 11, 2007

monty
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 3:08 pm

Bush's statement on mother's day: the dead are not happy and do not know what tomorrow will bring.

Quote:
THE PRESIDENT: Laura and I want to wish everybody a happy Mother's Day. It's just a special day to give thanks to our Moms; appreciate the hard work that Moms do. And I understand that for some, however, Mother's Day is a sad day for those who lost their lives in Oklahoma and Missouri and Georgia because of the tornadoes, are wondering whether or not tomorrow will be a bright and hopeful day.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases ... 80511.html