Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 4:33 pm

Question: Do others find that they are hyper-sensitive or over-aware of changes in their body? Whenever something isn't... right, I have a difficult time adjusting to the change in sensation and tend to over-analyze and can research myself into a frenzy trying to ascertain what is going on. I'm curious whether this is a common characteristic within the community.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 May 2008, 4:37 pm

Yes. To food.

I think that sensation/perturbation of the gut/intestinal/digestive tube is like the inner-skin version/extension of the usual outer-skin/exterior-sense-organ sensory integration/processing disorders/differences associated with AS.

I eat gluten and casein free and have to watch quite a few other foods because the inner state of my body can really take up all my attention if I'm not careful. Indigestion literally seems/feels like an invasion of my head.

:study:

Last edited by ouinon on 14 May 2008, 4:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 4:37 pm

Yes, I'm pretty sensitive to those things. If I tended more towards anxiety, it might make me a hypochondriac; but thankfully I'm only just very aware. I've never had a serious illness, unless you count the time I had seizures thanks to a high fever, which is normal enough in a two year old.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 May 2008, 6:03 pm

Yes, I am that way. I have had doctors get amazed at how accurate I am at pinpointing symptoms. I once had a suspicion that the bone mass was depleted in my spine, based on a change in my usual pain patterns. I had to argue with my doctor in to get her to order a bone scan. She kept saying it wouldn't be considered medically necessary, and that my insurance wouldn't cover it. When she finally ordered the scan, I turned out to have severe bone mass reduction in my spine.

Last edited by hartzofspace on 14 May 2008, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 6:20 pm

am find it very difficult to understand what is going on if am have a problem inside,unless it's a really old typical problem like headache,am often do not understand if am feeling pain or some other feeling which makes things more difficult.
am also cannot communicate problems very well,am think staff/family already know it so am dont need to say anything-though when its bad enough and am ask for pain killers they want to know why,if it's a problem am do not understand-it comes out in mostly uncontrolled actions/behaviors and staff/family usually know am have a problem then.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!