Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

amazingashlie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 May 2008, 8:58 am

My son does not recieve OT services, in our county OT is a related service, so if u dont qualify for an IEP, you dont get a related service. He has an IQ of 130 and is on honor roll so the school says his asperger's has no educational impact. They dont take into consideration that he cant wear shoes that meet school policy or sits under his desk to do school work because of distractions, or has self time outs to do coping skills when he gets over stimmed, or has self modified work because of fine motor issues.... I could go on for days... Its been a 5 year fight.

The closest private OT is 2 hrs away, which would interupt his self restricted schedule and cause super melt downs... So we are pretty much stuck. :evil:

He refuses to wear socks or underwear because of the way they feel, he is super sensory.

Its been over a week and we still refuse to wear the shoes. I have ordered pair #3... we will see what happens!

Aspies are like a blue strawberry, such a magnificent creation that you admire it's originality and look at it in awe... but then what do you do with it?