Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

bowlingball
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2008, 5:30 pm

Hello i'm relatively new here and I like comic strips.I was wondering what's your favorite comic strips :?: mine is calvin and hobbes.

22 May 2008, 6:54 pm

I like Family Circus and Archie.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 7:38 pm

Tie between The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbs and Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.

knowmadic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 May 2008, 9:06 pm

I used to like Calvin and Hobbes a lot! Recently, I've heard someone post that Calvin exhibits clear AS symptoms and I thought: cool, I can see that! Then, practically the day after, someone with no knowledge of my liking for Calvin and Hobbes nor of my AS declared that I must've been a lot like Calvin when I was a kid, based on a story I told about how I used to imagine "bad guys" were hiding in my corn-bran cereal. That's how I convinced myself to eat it, I thought it was gross otherwise.

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 9:19 pm

Since I now only read them online, it's probably a tie between "Basic Instructions" and "Cynaide and Happiness."

http://www.basicinstructions.net/
http://www.explosm.net/comics/1285/

I always liked "The Far Side" though.

bowlingball
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 May 2008, 3:54 pm

Hi bowlingball again I just have a few questions 1.spokane girl was archie ever a comic strip because archie is a comic book series and you can't put comic books on this post.2.blackcat the indispensable calvin and hobbes is a reprint collection of calvin and hobbes so does that mean that you like the strip in that book better then the rest of the comic strip. :?:

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 11:20 am

Nope, I like the entire book. Calvin and I are similar so I understand it. Understanding is nice.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 9:16 pm

Brenda Starr, Foxtrot and Luann!

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

DrillbitTaylor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jun 2008, 8:49 pm

bowlingball wrote:
Hi bowlingball again I just have a few questions 1.spokane girl was archie ever a comic strip because archie is a comic book series and you can't put comic books on this post.2.blackcat the indispensable calvin and hobbes is a reprint collection of calvin and hobbes so does that mean that you like the strip in that book better then the rest of the comic strip. :?:

...As for #1 , Bowl , there is an Archie comic strip , too , as well as a comic book ( The comic book version came first . ) .

DrillbitTaylor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jun 2008, 8:52 pm

bowlingball wrote:
Hello i'm relatively new here and I like comic strips.I was wondering what's your favorite comic strips :?: mine is calvin and hobbes.

Pearls Befoe Swine is my favorite one right now .
I'm mad at the daily newspaper here where I live and I have stopped buying them and PBS is the only one I can (generally) remember to look up on the Internet .
Lilo , Get Fuzzy , For Better Or For Worse , maybe , before I stopped buying the paper here...

kit000003
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2008, 11:51 am

www.giantitp.com

The Order of the Stick

It is a D&D parody