Page 1 of 50 [ 798 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50  Next

What Is Your Myers-Brigs Personality Type?
ISTP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISTP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
INTJ 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
INTJ 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
ISTJ 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
ISTJ 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
INFP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
INFP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
INTP 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
INTP 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISTP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISTP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
INFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
INFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
INTJ 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
INTJ 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
INTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
INTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISFJ 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISFJ 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISTJ 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISTJ 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 32

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 1:19 pm

After completing the questionnaire, you will obtain one of sixteen type formulas according to the Carl Jung and Isabel Myers-Briggs typology along with the strengths of the preferences, and a description of the personality type.

Right-Click Here to Take the Test

(Opens a pop-up window)

Disclaimer: This questionnaire and poll are offered for entertainment purposes only, and they are not intended to be used to diagnose and/or treat any medical, emotional, or psychological conditions. The poster is not a medical or mental-health professional, nor does he play one on TV, and thus does not express nor imply any responsibility for the actions of any persons that take part in the test and subsequent poll other than himself. The reader assumes all liabilities for actions taken as a result of participating in the Myers-Brigs test and the attached poll. The alleged accuracy of the results of the Myers-Brigs test are neither expressed nor implied by the poster.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Skilpadde on 17 May 2015, 9:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.: duplication of options - OP request

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 1:23 pm

The results of my test are as follows:

Quote:
ISTJ = Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging

Strength of the preferences:

I=78%
S=25%
T=38%
J=56%

Qualitative analysis of your type formula; You are:

- very expressed introvert
- moderately expressed sensing personality
- moderately expressed thinking personality
- moderately expressed judging personality

As do other Introverted Thinkers, ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something that ISTJs do without considerable energy loss.

ISTJs are most at home with "just the facts, Ma'am." They seem to perform at highest efficiency when employing a step-by-step approach. Once a new procedure has proven itself (i.e., has been shown "to work,") the ISTJ can be depended upon to carry it through, even at the expense of their own health.

ISTJs are easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when the second parties don't keep their commitments. But they usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked. And when asked, they don't mince words. Truth wins out over tact. The grim determination of the ISTJ vindicates itself in officiation of sports events, judiciary functions, or an other situation which requires making tough calls and sticking to them.

His SJ orientation draws the ISTJ into the service of established institutions. Home, social clubs, government, schools, the military, churches -- these are the bastions of the SJ. "We've always done it this way" is often reason enough for many ISTJs. Threats to time-honored traditions or established organizations (e.g., a "run" on the bank) are the undoing of SJs, and are to be fought at all costs.

This profile fits me exactly, (in my opinion).

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 04 Jun 2008, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 1:56 pm

Heres an older thread, for this test, I got a laugh, because it wasn't the first either
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt62654.html

Your Type is
INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
89 12 62 33

You are:

* very expressed introvert
* slightly expressed intuitive personality
* distinctively expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Jun 2008, 2:03 pm

And i just bumped another thread with this test on General Discussion, too.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt34337.html

PS: I'm the majority aspie one. INTJ

:study:

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 2:50 pm

I think we need one of these Myers-Briggs threads made Sticky, they seem to be popular

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 3:31 pm

I keep on forgetting mine, so I'll take it again :D

Your Type is
INFJ

Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Introverted: 67 Intuitive: 25 Feeling: 50 Judging: 89

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.

INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.

"There's something rotten in Denmark." Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.

Functional Analysis:

Introverted iNtuition
Introverted intuitives, INFJs enjoy a greater clarity of perception of inner, unconscious processes than all but their INTJ cousins. Just as SP types commune with the object and "live in the here and now" of the physical world, INFJs readily grasp the hidden psychological stimuli behind the more observable dynamics of behavior and affect. Their amazing ability to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others gives INFJs their reputation as prophets and seers. Unlike the confining, routinizing nature of introverted sensing, introverted intuition frees this type to act insightfully and spontaneously as unique solutions arise on an event by event basis.

Extraverted Feeling
Extraverted feeling, the auxiliary deciding function, expresses a range of emotion and opinions of, for and about people. INFJs, like many other FJ types, find themselves caught between the desire to express their wealth of feelings and moral conclusions about the actions and attitudes of others, and the awareness of the consequences of unbridled candor. Some vent the attending emotions in private, to trusted allies. Such confidants are chosen with care, for INFJs are well aware of the treachery that can reside in the hearts of mortals. This particular combination of introverted intuition and extraverted feeling provides INFJs with the raw material from which perceptive counselors are shaped.

Introverted Thinking
The INFJ's thinking is introverted, turned toward the subject. Perhaps it is when the INFJ's thinking function is operative that he is most aloof. A comrade might surmise that such detachment signals a disillusionment, that she has also been found lacking by the sardonic eye of this one who plumbs the depths of the human spirit. Experience suggests that such distancing is merely an indication that the seer is hard at work and focusing energy into this less efficient tertiary function.

Extraverted Sensing
INFJs are twice blessed with clarity of vision, both internal and external. Just as they possess inner vision which is drawn to the forms of the unconscious, they also have external sensing perception which readily takes hold of worldly objects. Sensing, however, is the weakest of the INFJ's arsenal and the most vulnerable. INFJs, like their fellow intuitives, may be so absorbed in intuitive perceiving that they become oblivious to physical reality. The INFJ under stress may fall prey to various forms of immediate gratification. Awareness of extraverted sensing is probably the source of the "SP wannabe" side of INFJs. Many yearn to live spontaneously; it's not uncommon for INFJ actors to take on an SP (often ESTP) role.

Famous INFJs:
Nathan, prophet of Israel
Aristophanes
Chaucer
Goethe
Robert Burns, Scottish poet

U.S. Presidents:
Martin Van Buren
James Earl "Jimmy" Carter
Nathaniel Hawthorne
Fanny Crosby, (blind) hymnist
Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Fred McMurray (My Three Sons)
Shirley Temple Black, child actor, ambassador
Martin Luther King, Jr., civil rights leader, martyr (YAY!! !)
James Reston, newspaper reporter
Shirley McClain (Sweet Charity, ...)
Piers Anthony, author ("Xanth" series)
Michael Landon (Little House on the Prairie)
Tom Selleck
John Katz, critic, author
Paul Stookey (Peter, Paul and Mary)
U. S. Senator Carol Moseley-Braun (D-IL)
Billy Crystal
Garry Trudeau (Doonesbury)
Nelson Mandela
Mel Gibson
Carrie Fisher
Nicole Kidman
Jerry Seinfeld
Jamie Foxx
Sela Ward
Mark Harmon
Gary Dourdan
Marg Helgaberger
Evangeline Lilly
Tori May

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introverted iNtuiting Feeling Judging
by Marina Margaret Heiss
INFJs are distinguished by both their complexity of character and the unusual range and depth of their talents. Strongly humanitarian in outlook, INFJs tend to be idealists, and because of their J preference for closure and completion, they are generally "doers" as well as dreamers. This rare combination of vision and practicality often results in INFJs taking a disproportionate amount of responsibility in the various causes to which so many of them seem to be drawn.

INFJs are deeply concerned about their relations with individuals as well as the state of humanity at large. They are, in fact, sometimes mistaken for extroverts because they appear so outgoing and are so genuinely interested in people -- a product of the Feeling function they most readily show to the world. On the contrary, INFJs are true introverts, who can only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious "soul mates." While instinctively courting the personal and organizational demands continually made upon them by others, at intervals INFJs will suddenly withdraw into themselves, sometimes shutting out even their intimates. This apparent paradox is a necessary escape valve for them, providing both time to rebuild their depleted resources and a filter to prevent the emotional overload to which they are so susceptible as inherent "givers." As a pattern of behavior, it is perhaps the most confusing aspect of the enigmatic INFJ character to outsiders, and hence the most often misunderstood -- particularly by those who have little experience with this rare type.

Due in part to the unique perspective produced by this alternation between detachment and involvement in the lives of the people around them, INFJs may well have the clearest insights of all the types into the motivations of others, for good and for evil. The most important contributing factor to this uncanny gift, however, are the empathic abilities often found in Fs, which seem to be especially heightened in the INFJ type (possibly by the dominance of the introverted N function).

This empathy can serve as a classic example of the two-edged nature of certain INFJ talents, as it can be strong enough to cause discomfort or pain in negative or stressful situations. More explicit inner conflicts are also not uncommon in INFJs; it is possible to speculate that the causes for some of these may lie in the specific combinations of preferences which define this complex type. For instance, there can sometimes be a "tug-of-war" between NF vision and idealism and the J practicality that urges compromise for the sake of achieving the highest priority goals. And the I and J combination, while perhaps enhancing self-awareness, may make it difficult for INFJs to articulate their deepest and most convoluted feelings.

Usually self-expression comes more easily to INFJs on paper, as they tend to have strong writing skills. Since in addition they often possess a strong personal charisma, INFJs are generally well-suited to the "inspirational" professions such as teaching (especially in higher education) and religious leadership. Psychology and counseling are other obvious choices, but overall, INFJs can be exceptionally difficult to pigeonhole by their career paths. Perhaps the best example of this occurs in the technical fields. Many INFJs perceive themselves at a disadvantage when dealing with the mystique and formality of "hard logic", and in academic terms this may cause a tendency to gravitate towards the liberal arts rather than the sciences. However, the significant minority of INFJs who do pursue studies and careers in the latter areas tend to be as successful as their T counterparts, as it is *iNtuition* -- the dominant function for the INFJ type -- which governs the ability to understand abstract theory and implement it creatively.

In their own way, INFJs are just as much "systems builders" as are INTJs; the difference lies in that most INFJ "systems" are founded on human beings and human values, rather than information and technology. Their systems may for these reasons be conceptually "blurrier" than analogous NT ones, harder to measure in strict numerical terms, and easier to take for granted -- yet it is these same underlying reasons which make the resulting contributions to society so vital and profound.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 9:57 pm

spudnik wrote:
I think we need one of these Myers-Briggs threads made Sticky, they seem to be popular

Agreed.

Whom to notify?

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 10:01 pm

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
78 88 75 44

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 12:07 am

Your Type is
ENFJ
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
44 62 75 11

ENFJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss
ENFJ Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicator™ ENFJ Famous Personalities
ENFJ type description by D.Keirsey

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
moderately expressed extravert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personality

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 12:09 am

Famous people with my personality type: Ronald Reagan, Pope John Paul II, Nick Nolte, Tony Blair, Katharine Graham

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Fred54
Raven
Raven

03 Jun 2008, 9:16 am

Quick answer to the test, and english is not my mother language, but I stick to INTP!

Your Type is
INTP

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
56 12 75 44

eyeenteepee
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jun 2008, 11:19 am

Clue in the name...although I'm close to being an INTJ too.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 3:59 pm

I wish I knew who the other INFJ was...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 3:14 pm

Thank you for making this thread "Sticky"!

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 6:23 pm

STICKY!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 9:22 pm

i think it's infp. or it was last time i took the test.