Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 9:39 pm

I'm 21 and I don't usually sleep with stuffed animals, but if I'm feeling particularly depressed then I grabbed my Stitch doll (from Lilo and Stitch) and I cuddle with it. I would prefer cuddling with my girlfriend though.

Element333
Raven
Raven

25 Jun 2010, 12:06 pm

I have a large collection of stuffed animals and animal figurines, cats in particular. Most of them just sit of a shelf all the time, but I'd notice if one of them went missing. I have a select few that I hold from time to time when distressed, including a sock monkey, a stuffed Kliban cat, and a giant stuffed tiger that I sometimes lay on while watching the TV.

E333

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 10:09 pm

jdcnosse wrote:
I'm 21 and I don't usually sleep with stuffed animals, but if I'm feeling particularly depressed then I grabbed my Stitch doll (from Lilo and Stitch) and I cuddle with it. I would prefer cuddling with my girlfriend though.

That is so awesome I'm 20 and I still have my fav stuffed animal!! ! And I like to cuddle and sleep with a stuffed animal when I'm stressed out because it's so nice and soft and it helps me feel comfy and relaxed. I'm also a little bit of a chubby chaser too, I'm not turned on by morbidly fat guys but I don't like skinny guys either. I like guys who are taller than me and overly built because I like being picked up and cuddled. Not in a sexual way either. I just like to feel loved. I guess my parents didn't hug me enough when I was a kid because I didn't like being hugged when I was little. Now I'm a backwards adult that likes to be treated like a 4year old. (T_T)

eagletalon86
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jun 2010, 9:01 pm

Up until about 13-ish yes, after that no. I personally don't see what's wrong with it at all, whatever helps you sleep at night or get through rough times I suppose.

Last edited by eagletalon86 on 27 Jun 2010, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 11:29 pm

I still sleep with them :) I have so many favorites. They're all so darn soft. Sometimes I accidentally grab my real cats though :oops:
I have a polar bear that has roughly the same size (slightly larger) and a similar texture as my male cat, Noodles.
I also have a pokemon plushie that I really like. (Swinub)
I have 3 floppy horses (but two are too scratchy to touch) and tons and tons of dogs and bears.
Plus two kangaroos, several rabbits (two are large and one is a small rabbit named Peter who has a music box in his stomach 8O )
We all have to smush in pretty closely since I have a twin sized bed :silent:

Wuffles
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2010, 10:50 am

When my father was killed (I was 16 months old), my grandmother gave me a teddy telling me 'he'll look after you now your daddy's gone'. I was deeply attatched to it till I was 15 when my mother gave it to some puppies to shred. I still miss it. It feels as if she killed something important.

I get attatched to real animals now.

I don't much talk to my mother when I can avoid it.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 7:27 am

Mutanatia wrote:
This is going to seem a bit weird, probably, coming from a 20-year-old man, but I find stuffed animals to e quite comforting. Does anyone else find this?

Kinda out-grew it, but when I was a teen, I had collected quite a collection of stuffed animals. They were pretty much my only friends. :cry:

I suppose in that sense they were "comforting" to me.

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jun 2010, 3:38 pm

I still have stuffed animals but the the ones family members have made for me on various video games ones. I like collecting them if I can afford them.