Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 10:47 am

There are some things I just can't stand, no matter what. Frequently, I'm on the couch either watching tv, reading, or using my laptop, he's on the computer behind me, and he'll just reach over, and stick his fingers in my ear. I'm surprised there isn't a permanent dent in the ceiling. He also likes poking me in the side. Then, he teases me when I either go across the room, or into the other room, mostly to get away from him poking at me. I don't really have a problem with hugging, and I can work up to kissing, and more :wink: :wink: with my gf.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 11:28 am

Yes, I too hate to be touched.

I'd like to refer you to the original movie "David and Lisa" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_and_Lisa). I think David (played by Keir Dullea) is a classic aspie, though they diagnose him as OCD... I think that's because we didn't know about Asperger's Syndrome back in 1962. He, like us, hates to be touched. It's one of my favorite films, because I identify so strongly with him.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 11:32 am

It really depends on who is doing the touching & why. I hate when strangers touch me, especially when it's not expected without my permission! I am ok with handshakes, unless the other person is into crushing my hand! If it's someone I know & trust, I'm ok with being touched.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 11:55 am

its ok but i dont tolerate massage or anyother touching in my back :evil:

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 1:14 pm

if someone grabs me i go into a full fledged meltdown.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 1:28 pm

I hate getting touched or tickled, since I am extremely ticklish, I don't even like a back rub.

chocoholic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jul 2008, 2:39 pm

I don't mind tight hugs at times, especially if I initiate them. I enjoy doing hi-fives as well. Handshakes are ok as long as they're firm.

But I absolutely can't stand when someone touches me unexpectedly, without giving me time to prepare for it, whether it be a total stranger or family member. One of my coworkers enjoys playfully elbowing and bumping people for fun, and it scares the crap out of me when it happens to be my turn.

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 2:41 pm

I hated being touched, but they gave me Wellbutrin and that went away for some reason. It must have had more to do with anxiety than anything else.

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 3:02 pm

A certain amount is fine with me.
But when i'm busy and concentrating on something it can be a pain in the ass.
Fortunately i don't get touched much except by my girlfriend.
My family members never hugs one another, and fortunately i never got kisses on the cheek by mom as a kid.
I guess i got pretty lucky with this.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 3:18 pm

I can't say I like it very much. I don't take touching very well at all, yet people at church insist on doing it excessively in a way they don't do to others.

Next time it happens, and it surely will, I will just pull away. I'm not there to look like some sort of cuddly toy.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 3:25 pm

Keeno wrote:
I can't say I like it very much. I don't take touching very well at all, yet people at church insist on doing it excessively in a way they don't do to others.

Next time it happens, and it surely will, I will just pull away. I'm not there to look like some sort of cuddly toy.
:lol:

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 4:42 pm

YES, i hate being touched, especially light touches, yesterday had to go to the allergist again to find out yet again not allergic to anything scratched the lady because she touched me lol, today had a dentist appt had to be numbed just to get my teeth cleaned haha, hatttttttte being touched so much.

Autisvic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jul 2008, 5:02 pm

I don't like it either, but it all depends. My first reaction
is to back away from the offender. This sometimes make
them say something like "Relax. It's ok. I'm not gay."
I don't care who it is. I don't like it when my Mom touches
me either sometimes.

I grew up in a very affectionate family. Mexicans are always
touching and hugging each other. When I was younger and
all I knew were family members, this was ok. I enjoyed it even.
How could I resist my sweet old grandmother? I really only
have the touching problem with strangers now. I just freeze up
and I don't know how to react if it's someone I don't know well.
With close friends I don't mind as much. It's not like we are
constantly touching each other any way. I just try to play it off
as "normal" as possible to avoid any discussion of it.

Can't stand drunks touching me. You ever had some excited drunk
put an arm around you and blow his/her bad breath all over your
face? Not pleasant. I feel like washing myself.

I can go years without affection, but right now I need a hug.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 5:19 pm

hate being touched [light touch and brushing is worst] and will react in a very physical way or kick,punch and headbutt way out depending on what sort of touch or hold it is,but am like being hugged very tightly by certain people,but not from the front or when it's done very sudden.

Quote:
YES, i hate being touched, especially light touches, yesterday had to go to the allergist again to find out yet again not allergic to anything scratched the lady because she touched me lol, today had a dentist appt had to be numbed just to get my teeth cleaned haha, hatttttttte being touched so much.

do mean are allergic to touch?
sister has that [not sure what its called] even the pressure on her skin from holding the cat can bring it out in rashes and hives.
am wish people who touch others for no reason would come out in hives and rashes.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 5:48 pm

Im really wierd about being touched. There are times when I dont want anyone to touch me and then there are times when I dont mind. It also really depends on who is touching me and where. I have kids and I do tollarate them climbing on me to a certain extent but I can get overwhelmed with that. I actually like to be touched lightly on the back it makes me relax but only if it is done by one of my kids or my husband and only when I want it. I also have my older daughter brush my hair sometimes because it relaxes me. I dont like to be touched on the insides of my arms and I hate having my face touched. My skin is very sensitive and I break out really easy...sometimes if someone I dont know brushes against me I will break out in hives where they touched me. I suppose that might be partly psychological.

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 12:38 am

Reodor_Felgen wrote:
I don't like when people I don't know well touch me, or when I'm touched while not beeing prepared for it. On the other hand, I don't mind beeing touched by family or friends when I'm prepared for it.

That's how I feel.