What do you do to make yourself happy?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2005, 11:28 am

I've been going on the Internet and doing Housework. The thing is that I do the Housework in hopes of being treated like the Intelligent, thinking Adult that I am, which never happens, anyways. I watch the Evening News, because I find it very imformative. I take Chico for walks and spend time with him, and that keeps me happy, until I'm treated like an Idiot, and than the Happiness that's lasted for an hour or two vanishes in thin air. I'm racking my head with ideas on how to make myself happy, when the rest of the people in my life go out of their way to get me into a miserable mood. I'll be moving out, but I need to be happy in the Meantime, if I happen to get put on a Wait List.

What do you do to make yourselves happy when the going gets rough?

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2005, 11:33 am

I enjoy watching the local news myself, as well as any favorite tv shows of mine that might be on also..if not that, then i'll read some magazines that i'll have lying around like nat'l geographic, or entertainment weekly (and some others)..
i also like to get on here and catch up with correspondence and reply to posts on here, and sometimes i'll spend hours on here doing just that..going to the bookstore a few miles from here is another day i do occasionally..i'll sit there, and read while i drink coffee..it's very relaxing and gets my mind off things..

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2005, 11:34 am

Two words: Leslie Nielsen. Nothing better for me than he.

The guy is a genius.

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2005, 11:56 am

IM not posting that in here. Children might be present.

Tere
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2005, 12:15 pm

I read! 8)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2005, 9:54 pm

Right now, I'm in my Room on the Internet and watching the News. I've also made up a healty snack consisting of Raw Veggies and a Mandarin Orange. The Orange is for later. I feel happy with myself when I eat healthy. I can also choose something to do out of my list of Old Hobbies.

Painting
Listening to Music (Especially The Beatles)
Writing small stories about my Best Friends and Worst Enemies like I did when I was little, changing their names
Watching Coronation Street
Walking around the Downtown Area dressed in 60s Unisex Mod fashion, twice a Month and sticking to a $30 Limit
Creating interesting Sketches and Drawings in Colour
Watch one good Movie a week
Doing chores for fun and fitness, instead of for the purpose of proving my Intelligence and Age.
Have a cup of Tea, or 12
Read about stuff that I'm interested in
Count my Change once a week
Christmas and Holiday Art
Jigzaw Puzzles

I haven't done a lot of those things in so long that I've forgotten how much fun I have doing them.

Schnarchi18
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Nov 2005, 1:57 am

Internet and Music...and I`m content with,and don`t need more (except mum comes and says we`re going to shop,or similar things :) )...

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 10:01 am

Study Psych, study Psych, study Psych, go to school, study Psych, create my art, study Psych, cuddle with my cats, study Psych, spend time with my mom or in my cozy apartment (I've cleaned!), study Psych, and... uh... study Psych.

Oh yeah, and study Psych. Forgot that one.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Cassidys
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Nov 2005, 2:30 pm

I spend time with my girlfriend, she makes me very happy. I also watch the Lakers, they rock. Going on the computer makes me happy, playing this game runescape. Eating really makes me happy, and so does sleep. I read CNN.com and Go on this website while at work, and those are about the only things that make me happy while im here.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 2:52 pm

Cassidys wrote:
I also watch the Lakers, they rock.

My dad, the guy I got my Aspieness from, was OBSESSED with the Lakers. Always had to tape the games. Tapes and tapes and tapes....

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 3:40 pm

I don't tend to cheer myself up, if that's what you mean. I have a tendency to wallow in feeling down and just let it pass. Sleeping tends to help a bit ...

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 4:37 pm

I get happy about everything that makes me happy.

Cassidys
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Nov 2005, 7:32 pm

sophist wrote

Quote:
Cassidys wrote:
I also watch the Lakers, they rock.

My dad, the guy I got my Aspieness from, was OBSESSED with the Lakers. Always had to tape the games. Tapes and tapes and tapes....

yeah Im gonna start taping the games, cause my dad cant watch them cause he works all the time, and that is one of the only things I get to do with him, is watch the lakers, so I think it would be a cool idea to tape the games and just watch them with him when I get a chance.

Davius
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Nov 2005, 8:15 pm

Music always helps me when I am nervous or stressed about something. I often listen to music when I am working on a big assignment that is due soon.

I used to play computer games alot...but at this point I have pretty much beaten that addiction, and have also conquered my World of Warcraft addiction (WOO!) It took up too much of my time...now I have to learn to beat my internet addiction :D

Talking to my best friends who are away living at other colleges always makes me happy, and always makes my day a little better. Especially when its the only way I can keep in contact with them.

EDIT: Oh an drawing always makes me relaxed...I forget about all my other troubles when I am sketching.

mellow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Nov 2005, 1:26 am

Hi,
I play music too!! Music is a great elixir!!

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Nov 2005, 2:22 am

Listen to music

cough.. choke the ******* cough.. cough

Watch South Park