Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

joydivision
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Nov 2005, 2:55 am

where can i find his blog/posts? i am interested in reading them.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 3:06 am

Will's posts have been moved to a private forum (the Moderators') to protect his privacy, and to discourage gawpers and the media. they are not available. for public view.

Vivi
(as Mod)

Mithrandir
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 3:13 am

Do you have to give Police access.
Wait, goes without typing.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 3:18 am

If they were moved for legal reasons, I can understand. But apart from that, protecting the privacy of a dead mass murderer (as if you can hurt his feelings :roll: ) seems totally pointless, especially since most of his posts have been copied and disseminated by all news organizations in the country. It might have been better just to move all of his posts to a seperate page for visitors inspection.

If I have missed anything here, please say so.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 3:42 am

Sean wrote:
But apart from that, protecting the privacy of a dead mass murderer (as if you can hurt his feelings :roll: ) seems totally pointless.

not so - his family still have to deal with it, sean. the main reason was to prevent ghouls and a media circus, as i said. there were no legal reasons for moving the posts, as far as i am aware.

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 4:52 am

Yes, Sean. I'm in agreement with Vetivert. Imho, they should never be put back and made available for public viewing. Just let his posts on the matter fade into obscurity. The media didn't read any of his posts, they simply took information they had received from other sources, generally heresay and rumours. Iirc, the mods removed his posts upon deciding to release the information that he had frequented WP.
Its sickening, that some people want to gawk and read his posts, to merely satisfy their sick curiosity. WP mods should never pander to such requests, and should leave his posts withdrawn from any public forum.

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 5:10 am

Yep... I am not gonna post anymore about william. I hope his family come to terms with what happened. Lets keep wrong planet about aspergers and not about this kinda stuff that makes everyone feel bad.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 10:06 am

There's no reason to read them other than a sideshow exhibit. I don't think that's such a good thing to support.

And if one is still too curious, read what the media's put out. If one must.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Tere
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 10:51 am

vetivert wrote:
Will's posts have been moved to a private forum (the Moderators') to protect his privacy, and to discourage gawpers and the media. they are not available. for public view.

Vivi
(as Mod)

Good idea Vivi. :!:

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 3:42 pm

WillFreund1, his threads and posts one day be moved back to the public forums or not. I have some of my posts on these threads moved too. Will I be able to veiw them after this all dies down or what? Just wondering Myself.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 4:36 pm

It was devastating!

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 7:54 pm

kevv729 wrote:
WillFreund1, his threads and posts one day be moved back to the public forums or not. I have some of my posts on these threads moved too. Will I be able to veiw them after this all dies down or what? Just wondering Myself.

If they're moved into another forum for people to read (eventually), I would suggest putting them in the Member's Only forum. :| But that's just my opinion, and I think the mods have a good point moving them to a place where other's can't (and won't) read it for now.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 9:39 pm

I think if moved back to the public forum, yes the Members Only Forum would be the best place for it to be moved too. We should not hide from this, for what has happened has happened. Hiding it will to me, only shows that we can not deal with it. It is just something to think about.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 9:43 pm

Absolutely! It should be a permanent announcement for many days to come!

Tere
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 9:50 pm

I'm having a hard time dealing with it Kevv. It is just too sad because I felt he would listen to someone on here. You especially reached out time and again to him and I think you are wonderful for that.

It just seemed he was so close. :(

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 10:16 pm

Tere

I wish I could have done more myself. William Freund will always be with me too. Him and I did pm each on one time or another. He might have been closed to make a break thru though. You even tried Yourself to reach Him, we all did try to reach Him also. We here have nothing to be a shamed of for We all tried to do Our Best. I have made some decisions Myself to I will be finding Suicide Prevention Courses and taking them soon I hope. I hope We here at the WP don't try hide it but accept it even no matter how Tragic it has been for as all here. I have accepted it I may not like to accept it but even I know I and We all must accept it. Some times Life just throws Us curves in the road and there is nothing We can do about it. These Very Tragic Events will never go a way but in time they will diminish in time. If You Tere need a friend to talk to just pm Me any time OK.